Sign in to follow this  

What can i say captain fantastic and goals goals goals....not that we are going to sell him(god forbid and i think Deliah would have to leave the world!!!)

How much in the current market do you think he is worth...im going for £1.5 million 

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]2 million in the footballing world and priceless to us, I hope we keep hold of him!! Ian[/quote]Totally agree[Y] Captain fantastic

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

What can i say captain fantastic and goals goals goals....not that we are going to sell him(god forbid and i think Deliah would have to leave the world!!!)

How much in the current market do you think he is worth...im going for £1.5 million 

[/quote]£10m minimum

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]

[/quote]

£10m minimum
[/quote]like it[Y] and a player swap deal Ronaldo + Kaka

Was immense again today, just been reading a Huddersfield board. Don''t necessarily agree with what has been said but the last sentence says it all, he is the perfect lower league striker.Got away with murder today with the referee Miller as

incompetent as ever.Perhaps OverweightNastyOver

physical.And exactly what we are crying out for.

Holt would never be worth more than 1m.

a) because he''s at the peak of his game and playing age

b) because he''s unproven at a higher level

c) we only got 1.5m (i think) for Green... and he''s an international!!!

I think some people on here see the Ronaldo transfers and such like go through and automatically think that inflates the whole market. It doesn''t. Get real people, who is going to pay more than 1m for Holt. He is worth more to us than say 2m (which we''d never get) anyway so putting a price tag on him is pointless.

It is the great thing about Holt, and a bit double-edged, that he is relatively untried at Championship - as he rightly or (imo) wrongly seems to have a reputation for being a good League 1/2 striker but that he won''t cut it above this level. This means the decent sides up there are unlikely to take the punt on him.

IMO he is better than this, and it is good for us as it suggests we will be able to keep him a while - I hope he surprises a good few sides up there for us next season.

Best old-fashioned Centre Forward since Iwan Roberts. Holt has more pace, he covers deep midfield and even appears out on the wings - things Iwan never did!

It''s a wonder Holt doesn''t take corners for Norwich too: if he did he''d probably be heading his own crosses!

I think Holt and PL can continue to develop with NCFC in the Championship next season - let''s just hope no daft offers come in for them or the other key players for that matter.

A year ago we had no players with any real transfer value - isn''t it great how things have changed?

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Holt would never be worth more than 1m.

a) because he''s at the peak of his game and playing age

b) because he''s unproven at a higher level

c) we only got 1.5m (i think) for Green... and he''s an international!!!

I think some people on here see the Ronaldo transfers and such like go through and automatically think that inflates the whole market. It doesn''t. Get real people, who is going to pay more than 1m for Holt. He is worth more to us than say 2m (which we''d never get) anyway so putting a price tag on him is pointless.[/quote]Its not a good comarrison to compare a keeper with any outfield player really. Its not that often that keepers cost millions. I think Gordon is one of the most expensive and he cost around £9million. Compare that to Ashton who was sold for £7.5million and yet to be a full England international. Essentially keepers are the cheapest of the players in a team on average.However I would think that if you look at Howard and even Savage as examples - age doesn''t always come into it. I think £1.5million is probably about right in terms of top end value - say a Middlesborough or a West Brom came in for him. However I should imagine that it will all come down to what has happened by January next season. If he has done well in the Championship - even nearly as well as he has this year then do not be surprised if that valuation goes up with some premiership clubs sniffing about, I am talking about relegation contenders here but that alone is worth more money.