Sign in to follow this  
batesout MOT

Where do you lot want to get promoted?

For anyone foolish enough to look to far ahead, I''d suggest Stockport is too early, improbable but not impossible.  We''d have to gain aorund 9 points on Charlton (and Colchester) in the next 5 games.Orient for the optimist, and Charlton for the more cautious, any later than that wouldn''t be good for the nerves.

Charlton away would be ideal, failing that, the next week at home to Gillingham ... the perfect way to celebrate my birthday [<:o)]

I still remember the absolute despair as I stood there at the Valley watching us getting ripped apart. I remember one fan chucking his shirt at Sammy Clingan and then storming off before he took a corner. The players at the end were joke. David Marshall was so scared at the end he came about as far as the halfway line to applaud the fans. We''re not getting ahead of ourselves but if it does happen to do it at Charlton would be awesome

Gillingham at home for me.

Would be the first time we would be promoted immediately after a home match since before 71-72 (when we were promoted after winning at Orient).

All promotions since have been achieved after an away match or after our closest rivals have lost when we have not played (Sunderland at Palace in 2004).

[quote user="Ten Years Ahead Of His Time"]Gillingham at home for me. Would be the first time we would be promoted immediately after a home match since before 71-72 (when we were promoted after winning at Orient). All promotions since have been achieved after an away match or after our closest rivals have lost when we have not played (Sunderland at Palace in 2004).[/quote]

Has to be a home game - I can imagine the scenes..................................................no, stop don''t get carried away!

nybody think we can do it any sooner than that?I think the most reasonable of optimistic quotes I have heard about us clinching promotion would be a few days prior to the Charlton game at Leyton Orient.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]i think leeds at home ? [;)][/quote]I think that would be impossible Banana?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I am a Banana"]i think leeds at home ? [;)][/quote]I think that would be impossible Banana?[/quote]Saying that it could be done on Good Friday at Tranmere if we win at Swindon and at home to Leeds prior to that.Almost half tempted to get a ticket for Tramere again now.  I was going to leave it with that one being on Sky on Good Friday, but surely if we win the next two then this match or Stocport at home on Easter Monday should see us mathematically clinch promotion?

[quote user="Smudger"]I was going to leave it with that one being on Sky on Good Friday, but surely if we win the next two then this match or Stocport at home on Easter Monday should see us mathematically clinch promotion?[/quote]Bloody glory hunter! Where wuz ya last season? [:^)]

Would absolutely love it to be the Stockport game, as hoping to be going.  Not only that, the missus is coming too and will be her first match at Carrow Road.[:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]I was going to leave it with that one being on Sky on Good Friday, but surely if we win the next two then this match or Stocport at home on Easter Monday should see us mathematically clinch promotion?[/quote]Bloody glory hunter! Where wuz ya last season? [:^)][/quote]

I think that everyone but Brenda should be locked out for the decisive game. The rest of us are pathetic.[:|]

The first game for it to be mathematically possible to clinch promotion would be Stockport at home, but that would require a bizarre sequence of results i.e us winning every game and our rivals loosing every game. I personally think Charlton away is the most likely game or if we have a few dodgy results maybe Gillingham at home?

[quote user="Smudger"]nybody think we can do it any sooner than that?I think the most reasonable of optimistic quotes I have heard about us clinching promotion would be a few days prior to the Charlton game at Leyton Orient.[/quote]At Orient would be great.Shades of 1971. What a night that was..