Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Who would predict

Well that is the run of 9 games finished in which most people said we would need to pull in our haul of points if we had any chance of staying up.  And what have we ended up with.  A measly 8 points from a possible 27.  Even the most ardent yellow and Green tinted spectacle wearer must now realise that we are not good enough.  It came as no surprise to me on Saturday when Fulham took the win and although there are other teams down the bottom with us I believe that we need to improve in too many positions in order to stay up.  The defence has leaked too many goals the midfield is not creative enough and the forward line, well the least said about that the better.  Nobody''s fault its just that we will probably fulfill the boards ambition of being relegated as after all it was Delia and Company that said they are here to enjoy it and what will be will be.  So why should us supporters be disappointed.

Two quotes recently that make you laugh:

Steve Wigley after we beat Southampton:  I am disappointed because we have kick started Norwich''s season - YEAH RIGHT

Mattias Svennson - Save your money boss we dont need a striker - YEAH RIGHT

And one for good measure from most of the players:

We have the quality to stay in this league and we have just been unlucky - YEAH RIGHT   

Don''t know about the rest of you but whoever we play now I do not feel that we can actually win the game and that does not bode well for staying up.  

I sadly have to agree with you on all counts , I have posted a similar synopsis on another thread. I can honestly say in 30 years I have never felt less like attending matches. (Thankfully I cant make it next Saturday, I feel sorry for those of you with no excuse)

Good, well there is a waiting list for tickets so give yours to somebody who does feel like attending.

We''re all disappointed with some results, but its exactly what I expected at the end of last season, we''re playing as well as we did last season, with largely the same players, so it shouldn''t be any great surprise. I''m still enjoying the ride, whatever the outcome. But then I just like supporting City, always have and always will.

To me it is disappointing that we have not moved up the table following the last 2 months of fixtures however picking a hard working but essentially poor quality side week in week out was never going to get us results. If we had all players fit and playing in their best positions the team would look like

Green
Helveg Charlton Docherty Drury
Jonson Francis ? Bentley
Hux ??

? is any from Holt, Safri, Mullers none of whom are good enough but will do a job

?? is Leon (who doesnt to be dropped at the mo), sven, Jarvis or McVeigh.

I know we have Jonson and Bentley out of position but there are the best alternatives in those positions at moment.

Doc could be better than Flem - he was on sat and unlike flem may get better over the next couple of games, but my real desire is to see shacks get a chance.

The good news remains that despite an appalling defeat city are in no worse position than we were on Friday and remain a win away from being mid table rather than second from bottom. Each week will bring a new twist or turn but Palace, West Brom, Soton, Blackburn,Birmingham & ourselves all look equally poor (at least we have spent multi-millions to look this poor), and the likes of Pompey & Fulham could also get dragged into it yet.

This cycle of we are world beaters then worse that Tahn has to stop - we are not a good side but we can still avoid the drop once worthy finds his best side. I think he is still looking for it and wont find it until the likes of Flem are ''rested'' long term.

OTBC