Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Huddersfield Barometer

As much as I believe we will go on to win this league the Huddersfield match will provide us with an important barometer of how much we have truly developed.

Here we go again with a huge away support versus a capable team and a bit of pressure.

How many times have Norwich failed to live up to expectations in such circumstances?

Fulham, Palace, Millwall away and Southampton home only recently and in the past Brighton (FA Cup); two FA Cup Semis and Man Utd at home. The more you think about it the more the bitter memories of unrewarded expectation.

But, is Lambert and this Grant Holt led side different? Col U away was a watershed we hurdled and so many times this season they have somehow come through.

For me, with Leeds breathing down our necks again and a challenging set of games to come, a huge and expectant following and a chance to take a massive step towards promotion while asserting our credentials against a good side, stung by recent defeats, defending an unbeaten home record and trying to cement a play off place, this is a real barometer of who we are.

The side will fight. Even against Southampton and Millwall they didn''t choke, rather they missed their spark.

I remember the comments of Lee Clarke about his disbelief at how our players performed at Fulham. I want so much for him to see a Norwich City side perform with a vengeance.

Good post, I agree.Win tomorrow and we truly are back on form and deserve to win this crappy league.

I think we passed the test, with flying colours.

This is not a Norwich side in mentality as I have known one for a lifetime. It starts at Board level and pulses down through the Manager and players.

If we had been like this in the past for crucial games then there would have been so much more to celebrate.

For what''s it worth I totally agree. Apart from the early years of Chase the last time I can recall this feeling of Board leadership permeating through to the players was when Sir Arthur South was at the helm.

Although we have some way to go, if we can keep the Bowkett/McNally partnership and hold on Lambo for two or three years, I feel this could be the most professional set up we have ever had. Please Delia, don''t upset them!!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]For what''s it worth I totally agree. Apart from the early years of Chase the last time I can recall this feeling of Board leadership permeating through to the players was when Sir Arthur South was at the helm. Although we have some way to go, if we can keep the Bowkett/McNally partnership and hold on Lambo for two or three years, I feel this could be the most professional set up we have ever had. Please Delia, don''t upset them!!![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. At last we look like a club that believes in itself and doesn''t feel that it owes an apology for existing.We have gone from the folksey depths of "nice little Norwich" to a professional outfit that won''t take crap from anyone. Long may it continue!