Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Now watch some fans calling for Elliot to start

Drop Martin and so on, is what they will say. Any money someone will say that on Canary Call.

Yeah imagine that! A player comes on and scores 2 in 30 minutes and people would be ridiculous enough to say he should start.

Similar to when Rose did well in his first game? I suggested he could be first choice and I got murdered. Anyway, Martin''s 20+ goals this season, and the fact Elliot would probably not be able to play a full game?

what if find is all the peeps on here who said why on earth sign another striker or what is lambert doin signing elliott, earlier in his career he was a cracking player and lambert knows what he is doin, yeah u heard here first elliott to start next week!!

[quote user="Gooders_Army"]yeah u heard here first elliott to start next week!![/quote]Wow, get you with your off the wall predictions! If it happens I''ll be like "woah that Gooders_Army.. he''s psychic!"

thanks andy lol two goals as a sub not bad indeed win next week cant fail to go up cant believe leeds lost again there still get more of a mention on the footy show tonight

I notice Lambert never takes any notice of this nonsense. Thats why I predicted Russell would replace MacNamee and I now predict that Martin won''t be dropped  for Elliott.

[quote user="ricardo"]I notice Lambert never takes any notice of this nonsense. Thats why I predicted Russell would replace MacNamee and I now predict that Martin won''t be dropped  for Elliott.[/quote]I too would be very surprised if Martin did not start next week Ricardo.... [Y]

" thanks andy lol two goals as a sub not bad indeed win next week cant fail to go up cant believe leeds lost again there still get more of a mention on the footy show tonight"

That''s just random words.

Try breathing or using punctuation.

I don''t think Elliot will start however much Lambert would like to, mainly because he''s not played one half, let alone a full match. The main thing is that Martin must be getting concerned, and that has to be good for his attitude IMO.

[quote user="ricardo"]I notice Lambert never takes any notice of this nonsense. Thats why I predicted Russell would replace MacNamee and I now predict that Martin won''t be dropped  for Elliott.[/quote]I''d be surprised if Elliot didn''t start. He''s an experienced Championship striker who came here to play games.

To be fair Martin wasnt at the races today, he was awful.

Elliott''s touched the ball twice and scored twice, work rate was very poor to say he was ''fresh''.

I feel sorry for young Oli, hes done nothing wrong, scored a couple of really vital goals and it now seems like hes behind Elliott in the pecking order! 

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]I think we can all agree its a nice problem to have. Sorry for the football cliche, but its true![/quote]Certainly is true... let''s not forget that we also have Oli contributing a goal or two here and there also.

I don''t see why he shouldn''t start, he was far more effective in his time on the pitch than Martin was today.

I think he should start against Swindon. However, Lambert likes to stick to his guns and he seems to be a fan of Chrissy (as indeed I am, I think he is a very intelligent footballer and a lot of our goals have involved him somewhere along the line). I think he might need a rest to come back for the crucial run-in fully charged and ready to hit peak form again.

I''m quite pleased that there''s competition for the strikers....I also eagerly await the return of Askou and Whitbread.....

Exactly, where''s the problem?

Chris has had a really good season but today he was poor - Elliot comes on, scores twice.

Seems OK to me and if the roles were reversed next week it would be equally good.

The Manager will start with the team that he considers to have the best chance to win the match - simple as.

Thanks for that bit of insight Webbo... ever been on a forum?!

Martin should be rested for a game or two. He hasn''t looked at the races since Holt came back from suspension. Keep him on his toes, give Elliot or Johnson a chance. Canary fairy could score 20+ goals in this league.

Agreed. A lot of us who have been to home and away games have stated that Martin''s form has slipped. That can happen and the lad I''m sure will regain that form.

Lambert is not daft and he has seen what has happened. I think Martin has now been subbed for the last three games (?)

He was, once again, ineffective. Elliott came on, looked pacy, took up some intelligent positions and despite what CDMullins has said worked hard and caused their defence mighty problems. Most importantly, all Holty''s hardwork had an end product.

Anyhow a bloody brilliant game and atmosphere

Elliott was excellent when he came on.  I particularly liked when he chased one of their players all the way back to the centre circle, robbed him and set us on the way for the second goal which he scored himself.  Deserves a start next week for sure.