Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

im hitting the whiskey......

Not far off myself either. Really should have gone out tonight. Stuck on the cheaper Carlsberg Export now .... but for the sake of the 70''s nostalgia, will go and have a look for some Watneys Pale Ale [:S]

Arthur, I hope you didn''t hurt yourself searching around the bedroom in the dark but Doris is with me.  You probably won''t be able to read this message until Monday anyway.

On a more serious note, while you all fully deserve to enjoy yourselves for the wonderful way you support the club , do you remember how so many drove themselves to despair last year that being relegated to the third level for the first time in fifty years was the worst thing that could happen. It doesn''t feel like that right now, does it? That''s because it wasn''t the worst thing that could happen. It never is and it never will be. Perhaps some of us could remember that the next time things don''t go the way we want in football.     

[quote user="Arthur 8 Ace Whittle"]Christ Yamkee, talk about putting a downer on things!!![/quote]

Are you referring to my first message Arthur, or the second?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]On a more serious note, while you all fully deserve to enjoy yourselves for the wonderful way you support the club , do you remember how so many drove themselves to despair last year that being relegated to the third level for the first time in fifty years was the worst thing that could happen. It doesn''t feel like that right now, does it? That''s because it wasn''t the worst thing that could happen. It never is and it never will be. Perhaps some of us could remember that the next time things don''t go the way we want in football.     [/quote]Criticising fans for despairing in the midst of relegation.... Unbelievable. Only Norwich City, i swear to god. [url=http://www.mysmiley.net][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/msn/msn10.gif[/img][/url]

I find the ol'' cliche to be nowhere else more appropriate than it is here, "hindsight is a wonderful thing".Relegation has, and will continue to be a bad thing for many many clubs. Arguing that it "never has", nor "never will be" is an utterly ridicuous notion in itself. I''m not even going to bother naming the list of clubs it''s disadvantaged, cos it''d be so bloody long, and so bloody obvious to everyone on here anyway.But there are a name few that have been able to deal with it''s effects through both resources and character, and as a result, have come back stronger. And those are the stories that you hear about, like Manchester City or more recently, Leicester City. But the failiures are far too numerous to mention, and those are very scarcely the stories you often here about.You can, maybe, think of it in terms of ''capitalism''. Millions of people, year upon year, are disadvantaged by the effects of capitalism. Though the big stories you encounter, and the ones that draw upon the greatest influence, that glorify the nature of the game, even at it''s worst, are the ones you''ll most often hear about (and in that, you have your big filmatic examples, like "The Pursuit of Happyness").Just because a select minority came out the better, is not assure you you''ll follow in those footsteps (unless of course you pay more attention to the media hype than the statistics).

Did most of a bottle of Glenmorangie in! Then the missus got it! Love It! Only just surfaced today though!!!

[quote user="Big Bad John at the top of League One"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]On a more serious note, while you all fully deserve to enjoy yourselves for the wonderful way you support the club , do you remember how so many drove themselves to despair last year that being relegated to the third level for the first time in fifty years was the worst thing that could happen. It doesn''t feel like that right now, does it? That''s because it wasn''t the worst thing that could happen. It never is and it never will be. Perhaps some of us could remember that the next time things don''t go the way we want in football.     [/quote]

Criticising fans for despairing in the midst of relegation.... Unbelievable.

Only Norwich City, i swear to god. [url=http://www.mysmiley.net][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/msn/msn10.gif[/img][/url]

I find the ol'' cliche to be nowhere else more appropriate than it is here, "hindsight is a wonderful thing".

Relegation has, and will continue to be a bad thing for many many clubs. Arguing that it "never has", nor "never will be" is an utterly ridicuous notion in itself. I''m not even going to bother naming the list of clubs it''s disadvantaged, cos it''d be so bloody long, and so bloody obvious to everyone on here anyway.

But there are a name few that have been able to deal with it''s effects through both resources and character, and as a result, have come back stronger. And those are the stories that you hear about, like Manchester City or more recently, Leicester City.

But the failiures are far too numerous to mention, and those are very scarcely the stories you often here about.

You can, maybe, think of it in terms of ''capitalism''. Millions of people, year upon year, are disadvantaged by the effects of capitalism. Though the big stories you encounter, and the ones that draw upon the greatest influence, that glorify the nature of the game, even at it''s worst, are the ones you''ll most often hear about (and in that, you have your big filmatic examples, like "The Pursuit of Happyness").

Just because a select minority came out the better, is not assure you you''ll follow in those footsteps (unless of course you pay more attention to the media hype than the statistics).
[/quote]

John, allow me to give you some free advice. Don''t go into politics, join debating societies or become a lawyer arguiing the merits of a criminal case. These areas are not your forte. Do, however, continue to put forth foolish and garbled opinions on a message board such as this, as your real identity is protected.

Big Bad John, your anti-capitalism rant is ridculous. Do you have any idea how many people have been lifted out of poverty by the free market economy? Look at how India is booming now they''ve finally opened things up!

What, pray tell, do you think it the best economic system for the world (that actually works, not just sounds nice)?

[quote user="Arthur 8 Ace Whittle"]Yankee lads please take the politics elsewhere. City angel, I''ve been on the rhubarb all weekend and only just got the edp from the corner shop![/quote]

Arthur, you''re not reading straight yet ( no surprise there ). You need to note that the "political" angle was initiated from the communist within, not outside your shores. I simply responded with how foolish his thoughts were.