Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Run in

We need 6 wins from the last ten to guarantee promotion if results favour the chasing pack. Having said that we need to loose four. Mt predictions for the last ten games:Swindon Town A    Leeds United H      Tranmere Rovers A Stockport County H MK Dons H Leyton Orient A Charlton Athletic AGillingham H Bristol Rovers A Carlisle United H I don''t think we will need all ten games but where do you think the 6 wins will be? I am going for Tranmere, Stockport, Orient, Gillingham, Bristol Rovers, Carlisle.I think they are our most probably wins. Swindon will be tough and the way Leeds are at the moment they will be wanting the game against us to kick-start them if they don''t start to pick up results before hand - especially if the Swindon result goes against us. Not sure about MK Dons, they lost a couple of players in January and look to be struggling at the moment - could well be out of the running of even a play-off spot by then.I actually think that by the time we play Leyton Orient we will be up already or a matter of a game or so. I can''t see Charlton or Colchester making up the 12 points they need. We need to loose four games and I just don''t see that happening. If they loose and we win or even draw the odds start to stack against them even more.

If we win 4 games Charlton would have to win 8 and draw one which ain''t gonna happen.

Twelve points should be more than enough, in fact with the poor form the others are in it''s possible that 3 wins could be enough.

Swindon Town A - LoseLeeds United H      - WinTranmere Rovers A - WinStockport

County H  - WinMK Dons H - WinLeyton Orient A - WinCharlton Athletic A - DrawGillingham

H  - WinBristol Rovers A - DrawCarlisle United H- WinMaybe a little optimistic, but would you bet against us at the momemt?

I''m going to aire on the absolute side of caution here and predict,

Swindon -a- L

Leeds -h- L

Tranmere -a- D

Stockport -h- W

MK Dons -h- D

L.Orient -a- W

Charlton -a- L

Gillingham -h- W

Bristol R -a- D

Carlisle -h- W

even with me being slightly pessimistic would give us 93 points - more than enough to finish in the top two

Interesting to note what the Opposition have to play for/against (of course this could change over the next few games).

Swindon Town A - Play offs
Leeds United H    - Automatic

Tranmere Rovers A - Relegation
Stockport County H  - Probably relegated
MK Dons H - Play offs
Leyton Orient A - Nothing
Charlton Athletic A - Automatic/Play offs
Gillingham H  - Relegation
Bristol Rovers A - Nothing
Carlisle United H- Nothing

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

Interesting to note what the Opposition have to play for/against (of course this could change over the next few games).

MK Dons H - Play offs

[/quote]

Indeed, I''ve factored this very thinking into my above "pessimistic" forecast, but still come up with 93 points!!!

4 wins should do it easily

Swindon Town A - Lose
Leeds United H      -  Win
Tranmere Rovers A - Win
Stockport County H  - Win
MK Dons H - Win

April 10th will be celebration day [:)]

Yeah was a bit slow about that wasn''t I? Due to our far superior goal difference teams are going to need to win five games to get past us or four and a draw and for us to loose 5. Its not going to happen.I don''t think it is going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Leeds will be a tough, tough game simply because they will want to beat us more than anyone else and they are desperate to get more points between them and Charlton/Colchester. As for the Don''s - by then I feel they will be outside shots at a play off spot. I just don''t see them pushing Millwall or Huddersfield out of the way to get that last spot.It could all seriously change in one game mind you. If we win our next game and a similar run of results is churned out by Charlton and Colchester then although not mathematically up I simply don''t see any of them picking up 16 points at this point in time with us dropping 16points. There is 30 left to play for - ten more will do it I think but its not enough for me now, I want the league title.

Quite honestly I cannot see any reason why we shouldn''t turn over Swindon.

As for Leeds, this will be a cracking game, the best FCR atmosphere for years, a fired up NCFC on a roll and Leeds to be put to bed after a fight.

Three wins will do us and in any event we will be celebrating promotion by beating MK Dons.

There is now fantastic competition throughout the side, the players are full of confidence and after a tough result grinding period we are about to really fly.

Early promotion also gives Lambo extra time to plan for next season.

We are up.

Leeds have averaged a point a game over their last 14 games, or so. That''s relegation form if spread over the season. That''s 81 points, if they continue at that level. One win above what we have now !

Charlton have likewise averaged one point a game. That would put them below us, with City still having 10 games left.

Now, I''m not saying that past form is a cert for what will happen over the next few games. And it can be argued that they may pick up a bit. And that we will need a few nore points than as above.

And that''s the reason we are up. The games that many below us have lost are the games we are not losing. We could (and should?) have lost to Southend last week. Walsall, Brentford and Brighton could easily have been lost points, Been behind Leeds and one win above Charlton.

, that could well have been the league table yesterday at 5.pm.

Whatever it is we will keep grinding out the results. That is why we will not be caught ....and taht is why we are already up.

As to next season''s squad i believe Lambert has as good as assembled it already. Barring a few that will drop by the wayside I believe we will see little change this summer.

It is not always the quality of the players, Lambert has proved that. It is the quality of the manager, Lambert has definitely proved that.

Championship here we come.

Apart from sayign we''re up which aren''t yet, I agree with everything you say!

Having a proper manager doing his job properly is massive. A good manager can get lesser quality players achieving better results than a poor manager with higher quality players!

Why does everyone think we''ll lost away at Swindon???  I''m going so we definitely wont lose!!!  Swindon were stuffed 0-4 at home to Bristol Rovers last week.....who we beat 5-1 at home in the middle of their great away run.  Swindon will be tough, but McNamee would love to stiff over his last team, I do hope he gets 30 mins or so at least.

Swindon are beatable and our amazing win at Huddersfield may just be the injection of confidence to ruin another good home record. 1-2 to Norwich.

As it stands we will be promoted 4 games before the end of the season which would be charlton away.With only 10 games left, you have to think if we win the next two and charlton or who ever is in third slip up we could get to the point where it would be impossible for us to finish third  pehaps as early as six games before the end of the season..... We could need a win against MK Dons to secure promotion and then use the last 4 to win the title! Nice position to be in right now! Time is on our side, as is the points tally where as every game we match or do better than Charlton or millwall etc is another chance to catch us ticked off.

[quote user="birchfest"]As it stands we will be promoted 4 games before the end of the season which would be charlton away.With only 10 games left, you have to think if we win the next two and charlton or who ever is in third slip up we could get to the point where it would be impossible for us to finish third  pehaps as early as six games before the end of the season..... We could need a win against MK Dons to secure promotion and then use the last 4 to win the title! Nice position to be in right now! Time is on our side, as is the points tally where as every game we match or do better than Charlton or millwall etc is another chance to catch us ticked off.[/quote]Well unless we loose four games conceeding tons of goals doing so actually five games could be enough. Remember dropping four games and them winning four games would leave us on equal points. The goal difference is as good as another draw.Leeds will be one of the main deciders for me. Win that and I think Leeds will be more worried about finishing 2nd than the championship and by that point you will be talking 8 games to go.

I really want to be confirmed as promoted and champions on the same day.

Just because that means that Leeds are staying down.

Frankly I''m counting chickens already.

My twin desires for the season are: 100 pts / 100 goals and Leeds not promoted.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

MK Dons H - Play offs

[/quote]

Swindon are as much in for automatic as Charlton with there games in hand. Only relegation form will screw it up now...

On paper we could have gained promotion after Stockport, if (big if but i''m bored at work, and need something to look forward to) gain all 12 points, the next 6 teams draw against the remaining 6 and lose to anybody below the 6. this would give us 90, withn 18 pionts to go, leeds 73, Charlton 67 and so on and so forth. so only leeds would be able to become champs.

I doubt that it will happen, but would be nice as the Stockport game i''ll be back in Sunny England for a game in 31/2 years.