Sign in to follow this  
Leeds Spammer

Thought I'd show my face briefly...

27th Norwich vs. Leeds... Feeling confident are you? [8-)]

Must admit, I''m getting a bit sick of you going behind for 75-85 minutes per game and them coming out with 2, 3 goals... But that''s how champions win so congratulations [:|]

[:P]

Looking forward to it and we are in good form at the moment but it''ll be a tight game I reckon..... reckon Leeds will still make the second slot if you can hold off Millwall (12 unbeaten)

All our games are tight at the moment.. Not because we''re playing well... Because we''re doing what Liverpool do in the PL and play boring-strangle-hold-submission football... Can''t create chances and can''t take the chances... If we (Leeds) want to go up auto (lord knows we''re not going up through play offs..) we''re going to need 6 from our next 3 at least, I''m sure [:D]

Hopefully though this time Beckford (play of the season my arse btw, I love what he''s done for Leeds but he''s not consistant enough for player of the season) won''t crack millwalls keeper twice in the head to piss him off for play off time like last season [:|]

We''re never over confident which is one of the reasons we''ve been successful, but we have faith in our team ,and, most importantly , our manager. We treat every game as a one off and don''t get ahead of ourselves, whereas I get the impression that your boys started to believe their own publicity a bit too much.

I just hope it''s a game that does justice to it''s billing and that the best team on the day wins, although I still think we''ll both go up.

Oh,and if you run into spainboy tell him we miss him!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We''re never over confident which is one of the reasons we''ve been successful, but we have faith in our team ,and, most importantly , our manager. We treat every game as a one off and don''t get ahead of ourselves, whereas I get the impression that your boys started to believe their own publicity a bit too much.

I just hope it''s a game that does justice to it''s billing and that the best team on the day wins, although I still think we''ll both go up.

[/quote]

Twice, he jumped out of the way both times!

You get an extra 10points for him!

[quote user="morty"]So has your "blip" become a "slump" yet?
[/quote]

Naaaah I never called it a blip... I always expect the worst but can you blame me after the past decade?

As for spainboy, I have, nor do I want anything to do with him [;)]

But wern''t we like 12 points clear with 3 games in hand at one point? Surely (whether it be a mistake or not) we were allowed to get a little ahead of ourselves??

When all said and done every season we have this terrible patch and we come back to life in the final 6... hopefully history will repeat itself and Thank GOD! we had a start as great as we did else we''d have nothing to fall back on! [;)]

[quote user="Leeds Spammer"]

27th Norwich vs. Leeds... Feeling confident are you? [8-)]

Must admit, I''m getting a bit sick of you going behind for 75-85 minutes per game and them coming out with 2, 3 goals... But that''s how champions win so congratulations [:|]

[:P]

[/quote]15 clear and you f*cked it up [:D][8]

[quote user="Leeds Spammer"]

[quote user="morty"]So has your "blip" become a "slump" yet?
[/quote]

Naaaah I never called it a blip... I always expect the worst but can you blame me after the past decade?

As for spainboy, I have, nor do I want anything to do with him [;)]

But wern''t we like 12 points clear with 3 games in hand at one point? Surely (whether it be a mistake or not) we were allowed to get a little ahead of ourselves??

When all said and done every season we have this terrible patch and we come back to life in the final 6... hopefully history will repeat itself and Thank GOD! we had a start as great as we did else we''d have nothing to fall back on! [;)]

[/quote]

Allowed, yes, but I suspect that it has cost you big time. We''ve still got people querying whether we''ll actually go up!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Twice, he jumped out of the way both times!

You get an extra 10points for him!

[/quote]

You''ve got to drive faster mate!

The only problem you have is the spectre of failing again hanging over you. A loss of form is one thing, but the pressure  you have from your fans expectations makes it worse. You are as good as anyone in this league but do your squad have the mental strength to see it through? Fortunately, we have confidence to spare - ability almost becomes irrelevant when you get on a roll because the opposition are half defeated before you start.

Too many sides have played us with a survival first attitude and collapse when we grind them down. For you, they feed off your fear.

I hope you come up with us.

I think the second half of the season allows teams to adapt their play to your style. How many times have teams put somebody tight on Hoolahan.

A lot of our wins, which you rightly point out, have been after going behind or scoring in the second half. That I suggest is having a manager who can also adapt as the game progresses. How many times have we come out after the break as a ''different'' team. Also having a manger that never seems to settle for a draw. Sticking on five forwards suggest not only a determination to win but a believe/knowledge/confidence that the team can win it - however late in the game.

I''m sure that Leeds must be looking at the spectre of the playoffs. Something they wouldn''t welcome after the earlier position in the league, nor would they welcome howit with the knowledge that it is often the team on a roll that goes through (their previous form wouldn''t help either)

Unfortunately I do not want to see Leeds coming up with us or Southampton either. Two little runty clubs like Millwall and Colchester will do. Little threat to us.