Sign in to follow this  
Lambert is King

Brown sacked by Hull

[quote user="E Block Loyal"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="E Block Loyal"]Attention seeking at its worst, no better than a child.[/quote]So don''t reply.[/quote]

Yeah you''re right, I should keep my counsel just like you do with posts you don''t agree with.

[/quote]Well said newbie, up your post count, I approve![Y][/quote]

Evidently, especially given the double post.

By the way, this newbie has been registered since 2007, not that post counts matter a shit. Nonsense is nonsense, one post or 10,000.

[/quote]Often happens on here due to this oudated website.................as you well knew![:|]

[quote user="bjg123"][quote user="chicken"]What''s the bet they go for Megson?They have some rediculously good players at Hull, not sure why they have done so badly this season - obviously a couple of injuries but they still have some good players.[/quote]What ridiculously good players do they have? One of the poorest squads in the league imo, reflected by their league position.[/quote]Ok players that I think are good enough for the premiership in their squad:Myhill, Hunt, Altidore, Garcia (injured), Bullard (out for a chunk of the season), Giovanni.And then you have some other good solid players who are prem-champ inbetweenies like Kilbane, Boatang, Gardner, Marney etc.When I say rediculously good, I mean players that could be mid prem players and the first line of players would be ones I consider good enough for that level. You look around the clubs in and about the drop zone and they have arguably the best squad.

[quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

Ridiculous, so they will now be asking a new man to guide someone else''s team to safety with 9 games left and 3 points adrift, well thats if they appoint someone now and I doubt they will until at least later this week and maybe even next week,

I think he will be the manager of the next big team to be managerless

[/quote]

Really? I think Phil Brown''s star has been falling for sometime now, since Boxing Day 2008 in fact with the whole on the pitch lambasting he gave his players. He is seen as a bit of a joke and would of been sacked earlier by Hull if they weren''t so cash strapped.

The fact he has been put on gardening leave as well suggests they may yet be more to this story, as that would be a very unusual way to remove your manager. He''ll probably pop up somewhere in the Championship in the next year or so, but doubt he will ever hit the highs of Hull''s promotion again. Expect a career path of something like Sheff U, Derby, Coventry, Scunthorpe and down and down...

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Butterbean_Canary"]

Ridiculous, so they will now be asking a new man to guide someone else''s team to safety with 9 games left and 3 points adrift, well thats if they appoint someone now and I doubt they will until at least later this week and maybe even next week,

I think he will be the manager of the next big team to be managerless

[/quote]

Really? I think Phil Brown''s star has been falling for sometime now, since Boxing Day 2008 in fact with the whole on the pitch lambasting he gave his players. He is seen as a bit of a joke and would of been sacked earlier by Hull if they weren''t so cash strapped.

The fact he has been put on gardening leave as well suggests they may yet be more to this story, as that would be a very unusual way to remove your manager. He''ll probably pop up somewhere in the Championship in the next year or so, but doubt he will ever hit the highs of Hull''s promotion again. Expect a career path of something like Sheff U, Derby, Coventry, Scunthorpe and down and down...

[/quote]

I''ve always disliked Hull, nasty dirty town as well, hope they implode and the BBC wise up to the cash injected into them by the local council.

A role model for smaller clubs? yeah right.

Conversly, I''ve always liked Hull. My mum''s side of the family are from there and I used to watch them at Boothferry Park back in the good-old bad-old days of Division 4 and the like. Hull isn''t as bad a place as many make out it to be. I''ve lived in Norwich, Covenrty, Derby, Stevenage and more so would like to think that I''ve seen the best (Norwich) and the worst (Coventry) places to live. Hull''s far, far nicer than Cov and a good bit better than Derby (who just play 2nd fiddle to Nottingham, much to their annoyance). Hull''s even near the coast, for suny days out too.

It wont be Megson as he is also on gardening leave as Bolton can''t afford to pay him off either.

Mark Hughes til the end of the season, anyone?

Hull are in financial meltdown too so no one would want to be manager for long.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

And for once Lambert is not even in the betting.

Feel sorry for him though - sure he will make a good manager again somewhere

[/quote]

I''m sure he will. Good manager, I don''t think this will do them many favours. I think we''ll be playing Hull next season.

Can''t say I''m that surprised about it and I don''t really have a lot of time for Phil Brown either.

They''ll always look back at that team talk on the pitch, it was a huge mistake and one they''ve never recovered from.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m siting here just waiting for the usual mass Lambert panic to set in 10 9 8 7..............................[/quote]You were CERTAIN that Lambert was going to Burnley. You shouldnt really criticise people for panicking [;)]

[quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]I''m siting here just waiting for the usual mass Lambert panic to set in 10 9 8 7..............................[/quote]

You were CERTAIN that Lambert was going to Burnley. You shouldnt really criticise people for panicking [;)]
[/quote]No I didn''t CT, get it straight.............and get it sorted..............foolish boy.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]I''m siting here just waiting for the usual mass Lambert panic to set in 10 9 8 7..............................[/quote]You were CERTAIN that Lambert was going to Burnley. You shouldnt really criticise people for panicking [;)][/quote]No I didn''t CT, get it straight.............and get it sorted..............foolish boy.[/quote]Yes don''t be so silly it was Celtic wasn''t it Wiz?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="promotion chasing CT "][quote user="First Wizard"]I''m siting here just waiting for the usual mass Lambert panic to set in 10 9 8 7..............................[/quote]

You were CERTAIN that Lambert was going to Burnley. You shouldnt really criticise people for panicking [;)]
[/quote]No I didn''t CT, get it straight.............and get it sorted..............foolish boy.[/quote]

Yes don''t be so silly it was Celtic wasn''t it Wiz?
[/quote]It was...................No One Utd chicken...............read my signature.....................and I mean it.....................I''ve never doubted Paul for one nano second.

Yes, one day he will go, nothing is for ever, but not just yet.