Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Player ratings from Huddersfield

Quick one before work, just back from the gameForster - 7 pulled off a couple of good stops, not perfect, but pretty goodR martin - 8 consistently did well going forward and defendingDoherty - 6 shakey but Improved as the team did in 2nd half.Nelson - 8 Less shakey and some crucial tackles when it was 1-0Rose - 7.5 Shakey first half but immense 2nd half, i was very impressed, absolute athlete.Lappin - 7 some good balls into the box, battled well, nothing special though.Smith - 8 another domintating game as expectedRussell - 7 took a while to get back into the swing of things, but then looked class as the team gelled 2nd halfHolt - 9 MOM absolute hero, goal and an assist and a whole lot more, frustrated 1st half but top drawer second halfHoolahan - 8 at his tricky best, some clever play got us ticking eventuallyMartin - 6 tried and battled well but not a lot more than thatElliot - 8.5 considering 30 mins and 2 well taken goals, nuff said, stretched their defence like martin couldn''tLambert - 8 exellent sub and tactics came through in the end when it seemed he''d been outdone in first half

Cheers Jim, glad to hear Korey had another good outing, really think he could be a star of the future (already a star for us now really I guess). Elliott has given Lambo something to think about. Great stuff.

I''ve also just got in and would agree with pretty much what you''ve scored.

We were very sluggish the first 20 minutes or so but after that we started to get back into the game. Second half we were an entirely different team, I don''t know what Lambert said but it sure as hell worked!

Cracking atmosphere today and I think its ours to lose today after a very impressive second half showing.

My moment of the match was Nelson completing a pass and not looking for the touch line! :)

Great day out barring the poor roads and parking around the ground.

Forster - 7, not sure whether he could have come out for the opening goal or not but made a couple of decent saves.

R.Martin - 7, shakey first 20mins against a decent winger but as the game wore on, like City he improved & improved.

Rose - 7, looked better than in recent times and got forward well but he does take chances and almost gifted Huddersfield a goal late on with a back pass.

Doherty - 7, pulled out of position early on but in the 2nd half I felt he was immense.

Nelson - 7, see Doherty

Smith - 8, such a mature performance, he has energy, battles and never gave the ball away.

Russell - 8, first half he wasn''t really involved but in the second he controlled the midfield.

Lappin - 7, works hard, gives the side balance and crossed for the 3rd goal but at times is too lightweight.

Hoolahan - 7, Huddersfield came out of the blocks fast early and pressed us well but as the game wore on Wes found more space and looked a threat/

Martin - 6, a couple of decent touches but he looked a little off the pace, didnt have a lot to work with though.

Holt - 9, captain marvel! ran himself into the ground, competed with a huge centre back (trotman), scored 1 and set up 1, nuff said.

Elliot - 8, 2 taps in but his pace and movement changed the game, before his introduction Martin/Holt often came short for the ball but Elliot ran the channels and got in behind.

Fans - 10/10, never got on the teams back and were as loud as I remember in recent times, I wish I could say this for all games.

Yeah, just back myself. Game of two halves. We only woke up after 25 minutes and Hudders far better team across whole pitch. Sucker punch of a goal (2 nd minute) and knocked stuffing out of us. Gradually worked way back into match. Nelson, at fault for not picking up his marker for goal made some really good interceptions following that. Hudders though just missed chance going two up with great chances wide of either post. Second half crowd more lively (fantastic following) and it had to come but Holt''s leveller was class by Hoolihan - who chased and chased all game. Eliott''s second beautiful assist by Holt out-muscling his marker by neat Wes ball and a cross to die for for Elliot - fantastic positioning. The thid and this time a beautiful cut back by Lapps. Delirium in the crowd. Oh and Fraser made one great save to his left when 2-1.

Ratings:

Foster - 8 - did nothing wrong all game and kicking fine, Hudders fan told me his save was fantastic after match

Rose - 8 - have to say well impressed with him today - used a lot and to great effect - nearly gave away silly back pass at end but this lad is a trier

Martin - 7 - good game and a few good crosses and overlaps

Rusty - 8 - good to have him back, gave the midfield bite

Doc - 6.5 - solid, unspectacular

Nelson - 7 - like Doc but made some good covering tackles

Wes - 7.5 - industrious and actually great to see him over 90 minutes

Lapps - 7.5 - good assist for goal

Smith - 7 - more anonymous than normal but did ok

Martin - 5.5 - have to say not one of his best seemed a tad slow and did not chase - withdrawn and good sub by Lambert (as usual)

Holt - 9 MOM - constant thorn to defenders - got little from Ref (actually very good performance from him IMO) - did what he always does - Man of the Year

Elliot - 8.5 - liked what I saw, nimble and good positioning and of course 2 goals in 30 mins

Crowd - 9. Great singing and atmosphere - second half at 0-1 down really got behing lads and I''m sure contributed to the equaliser.

What a day - 12 points clear of third. This result (and 2nd hald performance) is what makes champions. We will see.

I''m still sticking with April 10th (home to MK Dons) for our promotion to be confirmed.

On the ball City

just got home from the pub [live 20mins away from hudds ground] great review, holty stood out for us today. I think it was an honest display by all in the yellow/green OTBC

Sorry Jimmy but got to significantly disagree with several of those.

Still at least it was a great result from a pretty poor performance.

Forster - 3 Completely asleep for the goal and nearly caught napping on a couple of occassions later. Kicking usual standard. Fortunately despite their first half possession Huddersfield didnt produce many direct threats.

R Martin - 1 Absolutely shocking. Bypassed regularly and with ease. Probably the worst performance I''ve ever seen by a City right back.

Doherty - 7 Another good performance and more or less held together an extremely flakey defence in the first half.

Nelson - 6 Couple of dodgy moments but generally did OK.

Rose - 7 Worried me early on but improved significantly as the game went on. Played an important role going forward as we finally got into the game.

Lappin - 9 MOM Worked hard throughout and virtually all the decent balls forward came from him. One of the few in the side that has a footballing brain.

Smith - 6 Lots of energy and had some good moments but still a way to go.

Russell - 6 Again plenty of effort but not too much end product. OK for first game back.

Holt - 7 Worked hard throughout and got his goal but like the whole team only really effective in the last 20 minutes

Hoolahan - 5 Couple of good moments but spent most of his time running into blind alleys and giving the ball away. Not his day.

Martin - 4 Didn''t actually notice him until he was subbed.

Elliot - 8.5 Pretty encouraging really, would have liked to seen him on a bit earlier

Lambert - 6 Seems a bit harsh considering the result but felt he should have changed things earlier. Even though we improved at the start of second half we were still not remotely threatening until he finally made a change

Fans - 9.5 Really good support and, boy was it needed first half.

oh. by the way, you lot that made an effort to come up here THANK YOU. we made ourselves heard. My wife was listening to the game on local radio here in huddersfield [i am a fan of 40 years of ncfc] we made a noise apparently, nothing better!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="lordyfan"]oh. by the way, you lot that made an effort to come up here THANK YOU. we made ourselves heard. My wife was listening to the game on local radio here in huddersfield [i am a fan of 40 years of ncfc] we made a noise apparently, nothing better!!!!!!!!![/quote]btw even with tonsilitis, i still stood and i still sang!!!!!!!!!!!! god, this will make work on monday happy!

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Sorry Jimmy but got to significantly disagree with several of those.

Still at least it was a great result from a pretty poor performance.

Forster - 3 Completely asleep for the goal and nearly caught napping on a couple of occassions later. Kicking usual standard. Fortunately despite their first half possession Huddersfield didnt produce many direct threats.

R Martin - 1 Absolutely shocking. Bypassed regularly and with ease. Probably the worst performance I''ve ever seen by a City right back.

Doherty - 7 Another good performance and more or less held together an extremely flakey defence in the first half.

Nelson - 6 Couple of dodgy moments but generally did OK.

Rose - 7 Worried me early on but improved significantly as the game went on. Played an important role going forward as we finally got into the game.

Lappin - 9 MOM Worked hard throughout and virtually all the decent balls forward came from him. One of the few in the side that has a footballing brain.

Smith - 6 Lots of energy and had some good moments but still a way to go.

Russell - 6 Again plenty of effort but not too much end product. OK for first game back.

Holt - 7 Worked hard throughout and got his goal but like the whole team only really effective in the last 20 minutes

Hoolahan - 5 Couple of good moments but spent most of his time running into blind alleys and giving the ball away. Not his day.

Martin - 4 Didn''t actually notice him until he was subbed.

Elliot - 8.5 Pretty encouraging really, would have liked to seen him on a bit earlier

Lambert - 6 Seems a bit harsh considering the result but felt he should have changed things earlier. Even though we improved at the start of second half we were still not remotely threatening until he finally made a change

Fans - 9.5 Really good support and, boy was it needed first half.[/quote]Good lord! You''re a hard man to please!

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Sorry Jimmy but got to significantly disagree with several of those. Still at least it was a great result from a pretty poor performance. Forster - 3 Completely asleep for the goal and nearly caught napping on a couple of occassions later. Kicking usual standard. Fortunately despite their first half possession Huddersfield didnt produce many direct threats. R Martin - 1 Absolutely shocking. Bypassed regularly and with ease. Probably the worst performance I''ve ever seen by a City right back. Doherty - 7 Another good performance and more or less held together an extremely flakey defence in the first half. Nelson - 6 Couple of dodgy moments but generally did OK. Rose - 7 Worried me early on but improved significantly as the game went on. Played an important role going forward as we finally got into the game. Lappin - 9 MOM Worked hard throughout and virtually all the decent balls forward came from him. One of the few in the side that has a footballing brain. Smith - 6 Lots of energy and had some good moments but still a way to go. Russell - 6 Again plenty of effort but not too much end product. OK for first game back. Holt - 7 Worked hard throughout and got his goal but like the whole team only really effective in the last 20 minutes Hoolahan - 5 Couple of good moments but spent most of his time running into blind alleys and giving the ball away. Not his day. Martin - 4 Didn''t actually notice him until he was subbed. Elliot - 8.5 Pretty encouraging really, would have liked to seen him on a bit earlier Lambert - 6 Seems a bit harsh considering the result but felt he should have changed things earlier. Even though we improved at the start of second half we were still not remotely threatening until he finally made a change Fans - 9.5 Really good support and, boy was it needed first half.[/quote]

Cannot possibly take you seriously when you have given a City player in a 3-1 away from home at Huddersfield a 1!

Even more way off the mark is Lappin''s 9, are you for real, please tell me its a winde up!

If we hadnt have scored when we did, he would have been the next off the pitch

Not really - I''m well pleased - the last 20 minutes were great as was the result so a very good afternoon out. But in terms of scores I don''t think we should kid ourselves that it was a great performance.

First half was dire, first part of the second half was ordinary and then out of nothing really it suddenly kicked off.

So alls well that ends all.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Not really - I''m well pleased - the last 20 minutes were great as was the result so a very good afternoon out. But in terms of scores I don''t think we should kid ourselves that it was a great performance. First half was dire, first part of the second half was ordinary and then out of nothing really it suddenly kicked off. So alls well that ends all.[/quote]

I thought the first 20mins were poor but we improved from then on and I don''t agree we were particularly poor for any longer than that although we did go up through the gears in the last 25mins

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Not really - I''m well pleased - the last 20 minutes were great as was the result so a very good afternoon out. But in terms of scores I don''t think we should kid ourselves that it was a great performance.

First half was dire, first part of the second half was ordinary and then out of nothing really it suddenly kicked off.

So alls well that ends all.[/quote]

Oophs - see I''m too excited to type properly

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"] Forster - 3 Completely asleep for the goal and nearly caught napping on a couple of occassions later. Kicking usual standard. Fortunately despite their first half possession Huddersfield didnt produce many direct threats. R Martin - 1 Absolutely shocking. Bypassed regularly and with ease. Probably the worst performance I''ve ever seen by a City right back.

Lappin - 9 MOM Worked hard throughout and virtually all the decent balls forward came from him. One of the few in the side that has a footballing brain.Smith - 6 Lots of energy and had some good moments but still a way to go. Lambert - 6 Seems a bit harsh considering the result but felt he should have changed things earlier. Even though we improved at the start of second half we were still not remotely threatening until he finally made a change .[/quote]MEGA Lol!Lappin MOM! - You have to be joking.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"]Not really - just posting my view.

Of course I did actually have a view, what were you watching?[/quote]I was watching the Huddersfield Town v Norwich City game !I see I am not the only one who disagrees with your opinion of Lappin today.

Probably not, it is intriguing how differently people see a game.

But I had to smile at the long ball remark as there must have been at least half the team ahead of Lappin in that department today.

Sorry Creative Midfielder, of course you are entitled to your opinion but you didn''t lose your way to Portaloo Road did you?

As for the other reports? I totally agree with the assessments. We can all have opinions about players, I happen not to be too impressed with dear old Lappin but what a squad of players Lambo and Culverhouse have developed.

Oh and for those who praise Gunn for signing the God known as Holt, Lambert wanted him for Colchester but they couldn''t afford him.

Happy days folks!

Lappin was very bad today, never really gave much and looked disinterested. A good assist for the 3rd goal, but it''s about the least you could expect. Fans were chanting for McNamee to take his place until we scored our 1st.

[quote user="Phyxius"]Lappin was very bad today, never really gave much and looked disinterested. A good assist for the 3rd goal, but it''s about the least you could expect. Fans were chanting for McNamee to take his place until we scored our 1st.
[/quote]

That was the 1 complaint I had about City fans today, respect the managers decision, especially when he''s doing such a fantastic job.

very bad is a bit harsh! I agree he was next in line to be subbed, but he contributed to a much improved 2nd half display. Top drawer cross for Holt too which he somehow didn''t score from.

I didn''t think Lappin had a bad game, not as strong a game as Smith or Russell but in that 2nd half our midfield 3 controlled the game with Lappin part of it. At times he''s too lightweight and loses out in challenges but he works his socks off, gets himself in important positions when the opposition counter and without him doing this today Rose would have had major problems in that first 20mins.

I agree that Lappin was poor yesterday and had he not made an excellent assist for a goal might well have been substituted.Quite how R martin could be rated as a 1 is staggering but then we all see things differently at times i suppose. I felt both full backs had largely solid games and, of course, were under pressure at times playing a team with one of the best nhome records in the league. It wasn''t their fault that we were asleep for their goal but they played a solid part in another excellent result.