Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Any one else hoping we play the Scum early next season...

Provided we go up and win the  league (which  after saturday I think we will), it would be great to be able to celebrate being champions at Carrow Road in front of them after their season of nothing, despite all of their money and there cough... Premireship manager.. cough! This is provided they dont get relegated before we can grace them with the presence of the Champions! [:P]

Firstly if we  win league 1. That is an ''if'' because if Leeds won the next 2 and we lost the next 2 (which isn''t beyond the bounds of possibility as I am sure Lambert will be reminding the players this there would only be one point between the two sides.)

Secondly there is no doubt that given the turmoil surrounding the club at the start of season winning the league would represent a fantastic achievement. However it should be remembered as the Ipswich fans will forcefully remind that we have only won league 1.

If we can get promoted, turn Ipswich over and compete well in the championship then Lambert and the boys really wil have earnt their spurs.

Gloating about winning a competition they couldn''t win because they were in a higher league? Obviously we''ve enjoyed this season more than them and go into next season with a settled "team" and a winning mentality but winning the third tier isn''t something i gloat about, it''s nice but means nothing next season.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

Firstly if we  win league 1. That is an ''if'' because if Leeds won the next 2 and we lost the next 2 (which isn''t beyond the bounds of possibility as I am sure Lambert will be reminding the players this there would only be one point between the two sides.)

Secondly there is no doubt that given the turmoil surrounding the club at the start of season winning the league would represent a fantastic achievement. However it should be remembered as the Ipswich fans will forcefully remind that we have only won league 1.

If we can get promoted, turn Ipswich over and compete well in the championship then Lambert and the boys really wil have earnt their spurs.

[/quote]Its still one more piece of Silverwear than Ipswich though! And it will drive them nuts that we have a reason to be happy, where as they will only be able to celebrate scraping survival in thr Championship!

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[/quote]
Its still one more piece of Silverwear than Ipswich though! And it will drive them nuts that we have a reason to be happy, where as they will only be able to celebrate scraping survival in thr Championship!
[/quote]

How can you gloat about being in the division below? Very strange

Wow, Im suprised. I think this says alot about how easy people assume it is to get promotion straight away from league 1.. it isnt a walk in the park, look at Forrest and Leeds for example. There is no gaurante that Ipswich could bounce straight back if they went down and so they dont really have anything to over us... untill they go through the turmoil we have been through they wont know if they could cope and to me thats good enough to feel smug about coming back up. Whats more is we all remember the ''we will never play you again'' chants at portman road etc and their confidence of promotion with all of their money and Roys arrival, they have very very little to be pleased about.... so why not gloat!Plus I think we can all agree that a chant of ''stand up for the champions'' will wind them up, and thats only a good thing right? [;)]

No one''s saying it''s easy to bounce up. It''s just that they genuinely won''t be bothered about our exploits in the league below them.

" will forcefully remind that we have only won league 1."

I don''t rember the paupers ever reminding us that winning the EUFA Cup wasn''t so important as it wasn''t the European Cup.

ps birchfest I suggest to take a closer look at the paupers upposed money and ask yourself

Why they have not been able to meet any debt payments even after the club was handed over to the ticket tout ?

Why they have had to get rid of three of their highest earners recently ?

Why they have so many players out on loan ?

Having somebody to underwrite your income shortfall is not ''having money'' - in fact it''s rather disasterous when the shyster is sticking it onto your debt ?

ps if the hillbilly filth never appear again at Carrow Road I for one won''t shed a tear

I hope we don''t play them at all.I hope they get relegated and go into financial meltdown as they sack Roy Keane and he demands a big bag of compo.

[quote user="morty"]I hope we don''t play them at all.

I hope they get relegated and go into financial meltdown as they sack Roy Keane and he demands a big bag of compo.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, can''t see that happening Morty... although I would love it!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

[quote user="morty"]I hope we don''t play them at all.I hope they get relegated and go into financial meltdown as they sack Roy Keane and he demands a big bag of compo.[/quote]

[/quote]They only need to lose a few games and they''d be right back in the mire.We can but hope.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]

[quote user="morty"]I hope we don''t play them at all.I hope they get relegated and go into financial meltdown as they sack Roy Keane and he demands a big bag of compo.[/quote]

[/quote]They only need to lose a few games and they''d be right back in the mire.We can but hope.[:)][/quote]What a bundle of joy you are today! lol

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]

[/quote]They only need to lose a few games and they''d be right back in the mire.We can but hope.[:)][/quote]

What a bundle of joy you are today! lol

[/quote]I shall add to that I hope their stadium burns to the ground(with no

loss of life, I''m not that mean) and Roy Keane''s dog bites him right in

the jacobs.I''m a man, I don''t need any excuses to be grumpy.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]They only need to lose a few games and they''d be right back in the mire.We can but hope.[:)][/quote]They only need 2 wins from their last 10 matches for 50 points, which

should see them safe this season, sadly.  The ridiculous number of draws they''ve played this season at home suggests to me that either half of their squad is unhappy under Keane, or trying to win the pools.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"]They only need to lose a few games and they''d be right back in the mire.We can but hope.[:)][/quote]They only need 2 wins from their last 10 matches for 50 points, which

should see them safe this season, sadly.  The ridiculous number of draws they''ve played this season at home suggests to me that either half of their squad is unhappy under Keane, or trying to win the pools.[/quote]He''s not one for lovey dovey endearing himself to players.His man management skills are no better than Roeder''s, which has been shown up by the level of success he has achieved. Lets not beat about the bush here, Ipswich spent quite a lot of money, so in my opinion, he has seriously underachieved.

[quote user="morty"]I hope we don''t play them at all.

I hope they get relegated and go into financial meltdown as they sack Roy Keane and he demands a big bag of compo.
[/quote]

Magilton is taking them to court.  Hopefully Keane will be next.

[quote user="birchfest"]Wow, Im suprised. I think this says alot about how easy people assume it is to get promotion straight away from league 1.. it isnt a walk in the park, look at Forrest and Leeds for example. There is no gaurante that Ipswich could bounce straight back if they went down and so they dont really have anything to over us... untill they go through the turmoil we have been through they wont know if they could cope and to me thats good enough to feel smug about coming back up. Whats more is we all remember the ''we will never play you again'' chants at portman road etc and their confidence of promotion with all of their money and Roys arrival, they have very very little to be pleased about.... so why not gloat!

Plus I think we can all agree that a chant of ''stand up for the champions'' will wind them up, and thats only a good thing right? [;)]
[/quote]

It doesn''t work birchfest I''m afraid. You cannot gloat about winning a title to a team that is too good to be in that league. I just hope they do go down and don''t come back up first time. I love our local derby but am happy to miss it providing we''re in a higher division.

It would be nice to have a proper derby game again next season.Mind you, as another thread has pointed out, some of their fans are seriously predicting a late season surge to the playoffs so we might still miss out that way lol.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]It would be nice to have a proper derby game again next season.Mind you, as another thread has pointed out, some of their fans are seriously predicting a late season surge to the playoffs so we might still miss out that way lol.[/quote]Hahahah of course they are! Doubt it though!

[quote user="dreamteam"]I am expecting a huge meteorite to hit scumsville any day now. That will render this thread redundant.[/quote]

fully expect them to slip up and get religated now that would be very sweet.

Let''s just get a few things straight.

1:  Ipswich are not going down (though Keane and EVERYONE at the club should hang their head in shame that it''s even a possibility this late in the season)

2: Binners are not going to be impressed that we''ve done well in the 3rd tier this season,so chanting it will be futile.

3:  We are currently so much better than nearly everyone else we are playing that we only need to perform for 45 mins. That will not be the case come August. So that needs to be addressed soon.

4: What this season has shown is that money does not always bring success,particularly outside the Prem.