Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

2,929 TRAVELLING FANS TODAY !

[quote user="lord montyjones"]simply awesome support yet again[/quote]Excellent, all we need to do is move the team to London, and then get them to wear Claret and Blue...

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]There was definately more than that there, i certainly didn''t see 1,000-1,100 empty seats, maybe a few hundred but no more.[/quote]In that 4,000 capacity stand I couldnt see where the 1,000 unused seats were, think that was easily 3,000+ yesterday, though I think the front rows had neting on so it couldnt have been the 4,000 max.

[quote user="birchfest"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]There was definately more than that there, i certainly didn''t see 1,000-1,100 empty seats, maybe a few hundred but no more.[/quote]

In that 4,000 capacity stand I couldnt see where the 1,000 unused seats were, think that was easily 3,000+ yesterday, though I think the front rows had neting on so it couldnt have been the 4,000 max.
[/quote]

On the football league show last night I did see a section of empty seats at the far right of the stand but there wasn''t any more than a couple of hundred.

Great support levels again especially when you consider that clubs in the midlands, London and the North West have a cluster of clubs within 50 miles from them so getting to away is cheaper and easier yet most other clubs don''t have our levels of away support!

Yes well done everyone, wasn''t it a great atmosphere and a great day out [:)]

I see Phil Parkinson was praising the 3,000 Charlton fans who were at Millwall.What a monumental effort to travel 6 miles for a local derby!!!!!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I see Phil Parkinson was praising the 3,000 Charlton fans who were at Millwall.What a monumental effort to travel 6 miles for a local derby!!!!!!![/quote]

Yer but they didn''t go home very happy like our army did but correct me if I''m wronge we took 5000 to chelski in the 4th round, No club has better support in the lower league to better us well done fellow canaries

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I see Phil Parkinson was praising the 3,000 Charlton fans who were at Millwall.What a monumental effort to travel 6 miles for a local derby!!!!!!![/quote]

Yer but they didn''t go home very happy like our army did but correct me if I''m wronge we took 5000 to chelski in the 4th round, No club has better support in the lower league to better us well done fellow canaries

[/quote]Yes, I was at that Chelski game and we certainly had the whole of the Shed End (both upper and lower tier) - from memory some of their younger fans had never seen so many away fans before (and that included London derby matches)

That was a brilliantly supported game. My best friend used to go in The Shed in the 80''s and she was very indignant we were in there that day. Have to say the shed''s facilities were better than the starte of the pitch. I reckon the problems we had that season was all Chelsea''s fault!