Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Rhoys Wiggins

I suspect that the fact he was sent back to Bournemouth despite Rose''s inconsistency means he''s toast as far as Lambert is concerned. I also suspect that the Rose deal is on the same lines as Martin and Macca, ie loan pending permanent.

I hope that he''s not ''toast''. He deserves a chance, Only 22, former Welsh U21 international, highly rated at Palace.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I hope that he''s not ''toast''. He deserves a chance, Only 22, former Welsh U21 international, highly rated at Palace.

[/quote]

I agree, but I''m guessing that if Lambert rated him he would have kept him here to challenge Rose having got his match fitness.Having said that, Doc, Rusty and Wes all seemed to be on the way out so maybe he will get a shot. I hope so personally.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I hope that he''s not ''toast''. He deserves a chance, Only 22, former Welsh U21 international, highly rated at Palace.

[/quote]

"Highly rated" is a term that is very much overused when it comes to young players.

If he was that well thought of at Palace they wouldn''t have had him out on loan and then let him join us.

I''m sure if he''s shown enough to the manager then he will get a chance if he thinks he''s up to it but from the little bit I''ve seen of him playing he looks a bit too lightweight for what we need.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

"Highly rated" is a term that is very much overused when it comes to young players.

If he was that well thought of at Palace they wouldn''t have had him out on loan and then let him join us.

I''m sure if he''s shown enough to the manager then he will get a chance if he thinks he''s up to it but from the little bit I''ve seen of him playing he looks a bit too lightweight for what we need.

[/quote]

he rejected a new contract to come here if i recall my mind.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I hope that he''s not ''toast''. He deserves a chance, Only 22, former Welsh U21 international, highly rated at Palace.[/quote]

I agree, but I''m guessing that if Lambert rated him he would have kept him here to challenge Rose having got his match fitness.Having said that, Doc, Rusty and Wes all seemed to be on the way out so maybe he will get a shot. I hope so personally.

[/quote]Its not overly clear. By that I mean it appeared that a lot of things had already been arranged prior to Drury being injured. It could be that the idea Drury would get injured with Wiggins out on loan wasn''t part of the plan. It may have been that we thought that we had enough cover in say Lappin if Drury had to miss a game and then he got a longer term injury.Not sure. Although if Lambert didn''t rate him why wasn''t he shipped out on loan at an earlier oppertunity? Rose has been so so but is a good two-three years older than Wiggins.Isn''t Drury''s contract up at the end of the season?

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I hope that he''s not ''toast''. He deserves a chance, Only 22, former Welsh U21 international, highly rated at Palace.[/quote]

[/quote]Like Tookie said, they offered him a contract but he opted to join us.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Like Tookie said, they offered him a contract but he opted to join us.
[/quote]

Doesn''t really change what I said.

Crystal Palace, in the Championship, managed by Neil Warnock, have the chance to keep the player at the club but instead the player joins recently relegated Norwich under Bryan Gunn.

If Palace thought he was up to it they wouldn''t have let him go (without a lot of fight).

Palace had to let him go because of how skint they were, and still offered him a new contract, which he turned down to join us. My mate watched him the other day and said he looked very solid. I was impressed when we signed him and I hope its not a decent young player we let slip through our grasp.

[quote user="Willmeister"]Palace had to let him go because of how skint they were, and still offered him a new contract, which he turned down to join us. My mate watched him the other day and said he looked very solid. I was impressed when we signed him and I hope its not a decent young player we let slip through our grasp.
[/quote]

I think it''s more a case of the lad knew he wasn''t going to be first choice/getting a regular game for Palace and felt he had to move on to have a better chance of first team football.

He''s not a bad player at all and I''m sure if he was good enough for us then Lambert would, ideally, want to stick with him but he''ll want to be playing regularly and we''ve got players head of him. I doubt he''ll want to spend another year or two with us waiting for a chance that might never come.

[quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wasnt highly enough rated to be offered a high enough contract then!

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tookie140"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wasnt highly enough rated to be offered a high enough contract then!

[/quote]It''s not like Palace had a lot of money to throw around at the time is it? Warnock said he was upset Wiggins chose to come here as he was a very bright prospect for the future, but understood his decision to leave.

I think he is a decent player. I know its league 2 but he is winning rave reviews at Bournemouth who are the near the top of the league. So he must be doing something right. However Lambert sees him train and knows more than anyone what he''s about. I know it would be wrong to say that Lambert is infallable but every time I criticise a decision such as signing Johnson or Elliot I seem to end up eating my words. So I''ll go with Lambert on this one.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

I think he is a decent player. I know its league 2 but he is winning rave reviews at Bournemouth who are the near the top of the league. So he must be doing something right. However Lambert sees him train and knows more than anyone what he''s about. I know it would be wrong to say that Lambert is infallable but every time I criticise a decision such as signing Johnson or Elliot I seem to end up eating my words. So I''ll go with Lambert on this one.

[/quote]The only thing Rose lacks is consistancy for me. He has the ability but can''t give it on a consistant basis at the moment - his throw is a useful weapon mind you. I just wonder that with Wiggins being that bit younger if he is a better bet overall. I mean I would go with the younger player if they were on an even level ability wise because you know that he has more time to develop.However that said Lambert knows them better. But having said that if he didn''t want to keep hold of Wiggins then surely he would have gone the same way as Whaley and released? Lambert isn''t scared of axing players that don''t want to be here.

Even if he doesn''t rate Wiggins I guess at the moment it will work out cheaper to send the guy out on loan to Bournemouth rather than release him. Bouremouth are paying his wages until the end of the season and then Lambert can go from there afterwards. Whereas nobody was that keen to take Whaley off our hands. When we released him he got rejected Oldham and Chesterfield only signed him until the end of the season. So in that instance terminating his contract was the better option.