Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

In defence of 1st Wizard - not the he needs it!!!

Over the last two or so years it appears that me and the Wiz seem to be on the same ''planet''

It is fantastic that the Wiz comes out with these wonderful heart renching opinions which, in the main, are fabulously correct.

When,however, you speak from the heart sometimes one does tend to go ''over the top''. As regular contributors know, I''m very guilty of this. This is usually on a Friday night when I return from the pub having had a deep and meaningful discussion with my evil blue scum chums.

I suppose the difference is that perhaps Wiz has to face Lowestoft binners (EADT postings are a good example), I have to face Bury B....ards so  our feelings are much more intense. Particularly hurtful is the fact that we turn up at Charlton etc etc - we know that Worthy has picked the wrong side in the first half: Oh shock etc etc but as at Birmingham of course there is a miraculous recovery in the second half.  We also know that Doomcaster presents a stunning report on our finances (Yeh right)

Amazing isn''t it that Doomcaster always produces wonderfully positive (sic) reports just before an important game. eg I can remember just before the Coventry FA Cup game a few years ago when Eadie was sold. I refuse to give other examples at the risk of being boring!

For all those who think what a wonderful sensible board we have, I refer you to various quotes from players from other clubs who, as I suspected, do read papers. If the board give a positive response the players attitude is reflected because they do read the papers.

So  how do you think the players respond to the latest figures? Reading the local paper in their lounges on Friday afternoon?  If you think they do not take any notice, then I suggest you have a very dim view of the intellectual level of our players.

We all know that one has to look deeper into the figures presented but if you wish to look from a few miles above it all and compare to the Ipsh... figures, the national media will report that the Championship leaders have handled their finances fantastically well, built a 30,000 plus stadium and have a trading profit of 2+ million. Dear old NCFC?............? A small friendly family club that are making a brave attempt! Do me a favour!

We all know it''s c..p but I tell you it damn well works.

I just hope the players take little notice of the rubbish reported in the EDP today and concentrate on the fact that we are potentially a big club and continually under achieve because of the small minded attitude of our board.

Yes you need a tight control over the budget but  just as importantly you need a super salesman at the front of any business promoting the positive. Positive? I don''t think the club knows the meaning of the word!!

Hopefully before I die we have a truly dynamic business set up running the club. Does anybody realise out there  that we have a fantastic supporter base?

I watched the Arsenal reserve game from the Jarrold Stand and realised that it''s pathetic that we obviously  cannot sell advertising space from the boards in front of the stand!! Unbelievable!

Now - as with all my other posts, I cannot be bothered to read the responses because most are pathetic! - but I tell you this- if any member of this board wishes to challenge me I will stand by my opinions and will be happy to put my mouth where my opinions are because we all want the best for our club. As in previous posts I will be at the share holders meeting - but will I get a chance to put a sensible point of view? Don''t hold your breath!!!

Finally: I''m certainly not saying that Delia and Michael are totally wrong, of course I''m not,  but Iam saying that this doff capping grovelling is not healthy and that cross examination must be allowed.

If anybody wishes to take me up on any points I hereby give the board ad

got to agree mate there is a wonderful PR job being done...which most swallow hook,line and sinker...

I believed mid way through last season that the board were happy to stay in that Div, but always be around the top six to keep the fans coming through the gates. I hoped that actually achieving the big step, they would be different. but I am think now that I was right....in the first place

good for you standing your ground....

sadly, kf and bury yellow, i have to agree, as most of you know on here, i am not a lover of the board, but have tried to give them the benefit of their business knowledge against my natural scepticism - i do try and believe they really do want the premiership for us, but sadly i am not really convinced

as you say, bury, the standard of PR coming out of our club is absymal - positive?  er no, as for the scum, well they are media darlings and have been for years, we never will be, it is as simple as that -  As for Doomcaster, please don''t get me started on him

i have two individual cases of the way fans are treated at the club now, but won''t go into them too much as they are both being dealt with at present, but suffice to say, once they take your season ticket money in feb/march they don''t give a toss about you until the next time!! 

why is doomcaster given a column in the EDP anyway? 

kf, yeah, you are right and i have some of my regretably biggest arguments with fellow fans over this! 

[quote]Over the last two or so years it appears that me and the Wiz seem to be on the same ''planet'' It is fantastic that the Wiz comes out with these wonderful heart renching opinions which, in the main, ar...[/quote]

You''re dead right again Bury Yellow: I''ve never needed support!, But, its damn nice when a poster I admire greatly, like you, gives it so kindly and freely.

You hit the nail on the head about the blue filth who infect our beloved county, and they are are smug b******s as you well know.

I''ve always thought it was the Suffolk water, which makes us so alike my friend. Its pure and clean. Like the air!.

This is the main reason IMO, why we ''sound off'' so quickly, but just like our dear Norfolk cousins, we still bleed Yellow and Green blood. And always will.

A lot of poster''s mistake our aggressive and doubting posts, as proof that we do not ''Keep the faith'', but they couldn''t be further from the truth.

We both ''do not tow the party line'', or always believe the spin which comes out of Carrow Road sometimes. But we still care deeply for this wonderful club of ours.

We just do it differently to other posters that''s all.

And neither of us are prepared to change, just to please people!.

I''m sorry, my dear poster friends, for going on, but Bury Yellow and I, are committed as any of you. Of that, you should nave no doubt, or need, to question our motives for our views. 

Strange how we only hear from Bury Yellow when things are not going well. Very little heard last year once we signed Hux and went our promotion run in and now we have a poor performance and start to struggle you make another appearance.

How about some praise when times are good?

OTBC

[quote]Strange how we only hear from Bury Yellow when things are not going well. Very little heard last year once we signed Hux and went our promotion run in and now we have a poor performance and start to s...[/quote]

You''re a little bit out of order there Zipper, my friend, Bury Yellow has been positive many times in the past.

Although I''m not absolutely sure on this, I believe his commitments, doesn''t allow him the same amount of time as some of us, to access these boards, so he can''t always keep up with the latest arguments and spats on here.

But you would be very wrong to paint him as being totaly negative.

And while we''re at it, it would appear to me, that your recent posts have been very ''pro'' regarding the prudent spin which is coming out of Doomcaster''s gob at the moment.

So maybe, just maybe, he views you as being negative, and I''m afraid I would have to agree with him on this, sorry mate.

I agree with many of burys comments in that I would like to see a dynamic business creating good opportunities. I think (but am not sure) this board is moving that way but just not as quickly as I would like. Many of the decisions appear to be sound business practice to me and while they may not have exploited all the opportunities my feeling is that these are being whittled down as season go by. Like most organisations some prioritisation is required as you will not become Manure over night.

As with the worthy out debate I see there is little benefit for the club having a change of ownership or direction. What this board does have in its favour is that they are genuine city fans unlike the mercenaries in charge of many other clubs or Chase. The downside is that the business acumen may not be maximised - is this a balance we would like to keep?

Bury, your posts are always interesting to read, the points well made and relevant; I would like to see more of your posts week in week out as you stimulate discussion and usually from a different angle.

However I struggle to understand why some people (not just Bury) only post when things are going badly (when we all have frustrations yet) but never when thing are going well. Bury do you sit in the river end?

OTBC

[quote]I agree with many of burys comments in that I would like to see a dynamic business creating good opportunities. I think (but am not sure) this board is moving that way but just not as quickly as I wou...[/quote]

Zipper: What is it with this jibe everyone makes at the River End''s expense?.

Because of a temporary injury, I had to ''migrate'' for a very short period to the Wensum Stand.

I was told to be quiet and sit down by several City fans around me, when City scored for Gods sake!.

That''s where your joking remark should have been aimed at.

PS. I don''t sit in the River End either, mate!.

A cheap shot at dreadful sterotyping I agree Wiz. I too have sat in the city stand, next to the away dug out, and there too is too quiet. For several years I also possessed a season ticket in the upper river end so could be classed as a river ender too.

Like opinions on here people have a right to support the team in the manner they want - I guess I am just perpetuating a myth - guilty as charged.

OTBC