Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Tom Adeyeimi wins FL Apprentice of the year for League 1

This sort of award may not hit the headlines but it reflects well on the player and club. Congratulations to him - and I''ve got a feeling he is going to be an immense player for us in a couple of years time.

Congrats Tom, has a very bright future on and off the field.See Beckford won league 1 player of the year, which is a total joke. If ever proof was needed that all you need is a lot of media coverage to get an award this is it. The guy has been more a hinderence than a help to Leeds in the last few months.

Beckford? haha. Would have given it to Lambert myself then Holt and Hooly 2nd n 3rd. Also was korey smith not eligible for the apprentice award? Anyway congratulations to Tom, top footballer and top lad [Y]

Really pleased he won it. I reckon he''ll be knocking on the door of the first team in a year or so. If you look at where Smith was this time last year, that should be his inspiration to kick on and I am sure he will. As for Beckford its probably quite fitting he has won that award as Leeds will miss out on the bigger prize. Not that he cares as he is completely out for himself rather than the team who plucked him out of non league obscurity. Who knows but for Leeds he could still be fitting windscreens for Autoglass?

Congratulations to Tom, who thoroughly deserves it for what he''s achieved off the field as much as he has on it. Nice to see a young academy player with his head screwed on straight...

Without wanting to move the OP on, why on earth are awards handed out with almost 1/4 of the season left to play? What difference does waiting 10 games count? Beckford (the winner) could be as useless as he has been for months for the rest of the campaign, while Holt could grab a brace every match, so why decide now?

For what it''s worth, Beckford is a disgraceful selecion anyway. Without seeming totally biased, Holt (top scorer, captain, sets goals up, hard-working, made step-up from League Two comfortably, consistent - need i go on?) is a much, much better choice. Oh well. The title will do, and Leeds players will have another crack at it next year, but it still rankles!

Hurrah! Well done Tom you are officially, the best!

(and good timing, a nice present for Mothers’ day!)

Thanks to Ricky Martin and Paul Lambert too, somehow Norwich has been transformed to a team of winners brimming with confidence, long may it continue.

Great news. He''s a very promising lad, as he showed at the start of the season, and I''m sure that he''ll push on from here in the same way that Korey has.