Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Posters: Get real!.

Some poster''s on here, have really lost the plot just lately, and they call me potty!.

Your transfer targets, despite only £1.2 lousy million quid for the budget, are as usual, quite ludicrous.

Harewood, Ashton, Grouch (again!) et.al, will cost well in excess of £3.5 million, so get real.

What part of Doomcaster''s and Worthy''s comments (EDP today) did you silly posters not understand?.

We are, in reality talking no one at all, loan, cheap foreign exports or the 2nd and 3rd Division ''jobbers'' for any January signing.

So stop filling up these boards with your stupid suggestions for players which are clearly beyond City''s resources.

Its not my fault!, I warned you long ago what the tight fisted, prudent and IMO, cowardly board would do, so complain on here, or complain to them directly at Carrow Road.

Otherwise, a lot of you are going to be very disappointed at the end of January.

Ashton: out of the question

Crouch: out of the question ( to be honest i wouldn''t really want him unless we couldn''t get ashton or harewood)

Harewood: possible. like i said on another post he would cost less than the above, and i hope worthy made some sort of arrangement with the hammers when we sold malky to them. definitely the most realistic of the ones being mentioned.

here''s one for you. Scowcroft. worthy was interested in him in summer, do you think he may be in worthy''s mind again come january?

Oh how I''ve missed you 1st whizz[provided it wasn''t you who cursed my machinery with more virus'' than a black death plague pit!]Why let down posters gently,when you can kick them in the nuts and despoil their comfortable little worlds

I see what you''re saying Wiz, but only CHELSEA could afford the re-building job we need to do.

A new striker, or perhaps two.
A winger or two that can cross and have actually played on the wing.
A midfielder that can pass.
Another midfielder that can pass it back.
Two defenders that have pace and height.
A full back.

The termination of our manager''s contract.

The hire of another manager that is ginger and scottish.

The signs are there to see,  no freakin budget to speak off.  and Nigel alreay saying AGAIN he might have to go with what he has got... coz he won''t/can''t pay a decent price....

Prudence with ambition ..I can see the prudence but very little ambition..

Wiz - its not the board that coaches the team, picks the players or kicks a ball on a saturday, although they like the rest of NCFC take their share of the responsibility.

As I said on another post today the club is not yet at prem level - that goes all the way through from player to board level. The club is growing organically but we have hit a growth spurt where we find ourseles at a level where no one at the club is quite up to scratch; players, coaches, management, finances, board ability to exploit the opportunity. The only exceptions are some of the players - Greeno Hux etc. And that is why we are struggling.

How do we spend cash developing that level of experience when the only way we will improve is by gaining that experience? I dont see throwing any amount of cash will solve that. Worthy could have bought better, perhaps - the board could have released/can release more cash, perhaps.

The only area I can physically see that we can be doing better now is in the team selection, tactically deployment and coaching of the first team. Worthy has shown he will get better - as I have said many times before we need Worthy to get that lesson learnt before we can catch up with our current premier status.

OTBC

Strachan is not looking for a full time job at the moment but why not employ him as a wise monkey to coach some tactics and improvements into Worthy?

OTBC

Wiz!!! you know as well as I do that one two or even three costly players players will not answer our problems in the prem!.  By costly I mean a 10 million outlay for all three plus wages.  We have at best a missing mid-field and a fast retreating and inept defence at this level, I say it was a lucky defence on many occasions prior to promotion. 

I believe at this level we have a woeful preperation and coaching department that need a good shake up.  We thankfully, also have Worthy, who if I read him correctly has neatly placed the ball in the court of the board.  By saying he will not jeopardise the long term fture of NCFC by spending millions to bring quality to our team.  He is in effect saying that if you, the board, want to guarantee our place in the Prem, then you do the spending, and on your heads be it.  If you break the bank it is your decision , not mine.  I am happy with what we''ve got and if possible I will get out of them enough to keep us here.

In a guarded way he has pointed to poor ball holding qualities, poor passing, as the reasons that we are not performing. 

I am sure that our concentration levels and our off the ball running are our main concerns as is also our lack of ability to get to the ball first when under attack.

Apart from Mc Kenzie  and Francis we do not have a player who can make up for lack of skill by getting to the ball first to give himself and the team some form tactical advantage.  Even Greenie was at the goal scorers feet quick enough to thwart that goal. Oh , for sandy Kennon or Ken Nethercott!!

I still say they are not turning out a fit team, Oh For a coach like Ron Saunders!!

That rant over, I still am a hundred per cent Norwich City, I just wish that the team were just as committed all the time!!!! 

To me the question IS who should we buy? To improve our chances of survival we need players of the calibre of Parker of Chelsea those with true touch of class. We need a similar quality striker, a right back and central defender if shacks is not to get a chance.

As far as the suggested players, none listed in Wizs post provide any gaurantee of improving the squad let alone giving us a shot of survival so could be viewed as a waste of money.

If worthy says we can sign Wes Brown for example but the loan will cost us £2m I would look to stretch the budget. But to spend the same money on buying Harewood or Ashton I too would think hard before investing.

Without buying that touch of class we are simply burning money. And given worthys track record he could sign PArker but still keep Holt in the first team and let Parker warm the bench with Helveg.

OTBC

[quote]Some poster''s on here, have really lost the plot just lately, and they call me potty!. Your transfer targets, despite only £1.2 lousy million quid for the budget, are as usual, quite ludicrous. Hare...[/quote]

My god Wiz!  Your powers are even more incredible than I thought.  I was coming on here to write exactly the same thing!  We are setting ourselves up for one massive disappointment come January.  I, like everyone else, am hoping that we''re just keeping our cards close to our chest by saying we''ve only got 1.2M. However, if I take my yellow and green glasses off, it''s painfully obvious that we can''t afford an Ashton or a Harewood.

Whoever we sign in January is going to come as a massive disappointment because he won''t reach expectations.  We''re just going to have to lower them

I must say that I pretty much agree with most of Zippers comments on these sort of subjects recently.  I don''t think that another striker is going to be the answer to our problems because we really don''t create enough/any chances for someone to score from.

We have lots of fundamental problems that I can see:

1)       We need two wingers not strikers playing wide midfield.  Most successful teams have wingers who can cross the ball.

2)       We need SOME height in the team.  Bolton will totally expose our defence on Saturday and I can''t see us coping with it not just because of lack of height but because of lack of organisation at the back.

3)       Our full backs need to get forward more as per Bowen & Culverhouse.  Reason why they don’t?  Answer because strikers playing in midfield just don’t defend like midfielders do, therefore our full backs are cautious about going forward.

4)       Lastly but most importantly we need to get the ball down and play some football and stop just giving the ball back to the other side!!!

If we can address these issues then it may be worth looking at a striker but until then I don’t see much point unless……………….. we find that illusive striker who can play a defence splitting pass or cross and get on the end of it himself to score.

Too right ZLF.

As I have said before we could have Ruud, Thierry or Wayne up front and it would make no difference. We need to spend at least £2.5m to get much more than we have at the moment and would it really make much difference? What''s the point buying a third rate striker for the sake of it. Sven had a poorish game but his passing was just as bad as every one else''s apart from Mulryne. At least he chased and harried all match long until he went off.

On Saturday''s evidence:

1. We cannot pass very well

2. When we do have the ball we rush too much and get over eager (the whole game on Sat was like the last 40 mins against Blackburn)

3. We can''t get the ball off the opposition very well

4. We defend too deep

5. When Hucks get the ball he can beat a couple of players but needs to be told to look up- several times he was in good positions but either (a) tried to take on a defender too far or (b) put an aimless ball in the box

6. Poor Leon needs some help. He was tireless on sat but there is no understanding with Sven and the balls he gets are largely hospital passes

7. We had no solutions to any of the above. At half time, who could we have brought on to make a difference?

8. Exactly what is David Bentley in the team for?

If I was in charge I would spend the £1.2m on better coaching to improve all the above, including "psychological help for the players" as one poster put it so remarkably- they know what they are doing wrond if you read their public utterances so why does it happen time and again?