Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Paul Hayes....

Apparently we have been looking for him,

To me he would be a good cover slash competition for Holt,

He has proved he can do it in the Championship as well,

Might be a small chance we will can get him on loan with a view to a permanent move?

I can''t see Scunthorpe letting him go while they have a decent chance of staying up. Also I am not convinced he is any better than what we have. He isn''t the tallest either at 5,11. The same height as Oli incidently. With a bit more time and work on his all round game I think Oli can be a better player than Paul Hayes.

or maybe some old rag has allowed an agent to slip a story to them

given the low level of journalistic skills and budgets on many of them (notably the Sun) I would not place too much by what they claim

Lambert to Burnley

Hoolahan to Middlesboro

We are in administration

Almost all incoming players have been ''out of the blue'' so to speak so I should give these teenage scribblers a wide berth as far as accuracy is concerned

I don''t know if there is any truth to this one but I would agree most journalists simply try to join the dots a lot of the time. For example the Middlesborough story with Hoolahan. Johnson leaves Boro and they need a left winger. They probably look at wikipedia (cos some of these reporters sure as hell don''t go to the game) and see that he can play as a left winger despite all his success coming just off the strikers. They also see that we are little bit skint and make up a story and pluck a random transfer fee out of the air. Its just poor and lazy journalism. But ultimately despite how well were doing this season we are only in league 1 so we just have to accept it

[quote user="First Wizard"]Is this a rehash old story that Archant are noted for?[/quote]No, but I would put money on it being on the back page of the EDP by the weekend [;)]

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="First Wizard"]Is this a rehash old story that Archant are noted for?[/quote]No, but I would put money on it being on the back page of the EDP by the weekend [;)][/quote]Oops, looks like I was too late.  Just saw this:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED16+Mar+2010+11%3A46%3A43%3A527

[quote user="National express super guard "]is henderson coming to to reform the H bomb?note to younger posters, hendo and hayes were super youth team strikers who were sh*t in 1st team!![/quote]I might be wrong but i''m pretty sure Hayes never played a first team game for us?!

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="National express super guard "]is henderson coming to to reform the H bomb?note to younger posters, hendo and hayes were super youth team strikers who were sh*t in 1st team!![/quote]I might be wrong but i''m pretty sure Hayes never played a first team game for us?![/quote]

No your right, think he was on the bench twice at the start of the play off season.

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="National express super guard "]is henderson coming to to reform the H bomb?
note to younger posters, hendo and hayes were super youth team strikers who were sh*t in 1st team!!
[/quote]

I might be wrong but i''m pretty sure Hayes never played a first team game for us?!
[/quote]

Paul Hayes played and scored for the City team in a pre-season friendly at home to Arsenal when we lost 4-2. I think that he scored the final goal of the game at the River End. I can''t remember a competitive match though.

[quote user="City1st"]or maybe some old rag has allowed an agent to slip a story to them

given the low level of journalistic skills and budgets on many of them (notably the Sun) I would not place too much by what they claim

Lambert to Burnley

Hoolahan to Middlesboro

We are in administration

Almost all incoming players have been ''out of the blue'' so to speak so I should give these teenage scribblers a wide berth as far as accuracy is concerned[/quote]I''d kind of agree with that in all cases, bar McNamee.There was a lot of media attention focused on his transfer from Swindon well before he signed the contract, and their manager directly acknowledged interest a fair few months before also when asked about interest from Norwich.Otherwise, i''d say to an extent your right in saying they have been "out of the blue", apart from maybe Whitbread and Martin, where there was about a week or so of little bits of speculation also.

Any Old Iron

Any Old Iron

We''ll buy any Old Iron

Two left feet. Talk about a treat!

Couldn''t be crapper if we''d found him on the street.

Dressed in style, brand-new tile,

And his father''s old green tie on.

But I wouldn''t give you tuppence for your Scunthorpe man

Old iron, old iron."

Good player who was easily better than rubbish we perservered with for way too long like Henderson and Ryan Jarvis!

I believe Hayes was got rid of just as he was beginning to knock on the door of the 1st team because of a mistermeanor that he wouldn''t back down and apologise for!

Shame cause he looked strong with ability when I saw him in friendlies and reserve games. He certainly wouldn''t of looked out of place in our team over the last 2 seasons!

league

apps          goals

02-03   Scunthorpe                      17+3           8

03-04  Scunthorpe                       12+23         2

04-05  Scunthorpe                      41+5          18

05-06  Barnsley                          40+8            8        league 1

06-07 Barnsley                           25+5            5       Championship

06-07 Huddersfield (loan)              4               1       league 1

07-08 Scunthorpe                      32+8            8       Championship

08-09 Scunthorpe                     42+5           17      league 1

09-10 Scunthorpe                      34               6       Championship

Not so hot at Championship level.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Can''t see he''ll add anything to our squad.

[/quote]Back-up for Holt maybe?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Championship level - 1 goal in roughly 5 games

I would be surprised if Lambert is interested in him.

[/quote]

Yeah, I''m not sure how much I think is in this.

It doesn''t sound like a signing that''d make people sit up and take notice.

However, he is a decent player, he knows the ropes in the Championship and he can do a job upfront and in midfield. It''s a squad game, afterall.