Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Next Season - Diamond or 4-4-2?

When we finally get promoted we can start thinking ahead.

Lambert has already said he will want to add to the squad to ''help'' the current lot.

Will the diamond still sparkle at the higher level?

Or do we need another out and out winger to give us the option of 4-4-2 ?

Way too early to think that far ahead I think Waz - Who will we lose / gain over the summer ?  Hopefully we won''t lose many, but it''s very difficult to stop players "improving themselves" these days.

The diamonds''s cracked, the system''s flawed if Shyster''s not mistaken,

Wesley Hoo needs superglue to save Paul Lambert''s bacon! [^o)]

We aren''t promoted yet and as such threads like this should be withdrawn until such time.

Thank you.

Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole

Going up up up

Going up up up

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]I''d like to see a dodecahedron myself but as we can only field 11 players, a tad impossible lol[/quote]How about a nonagon with a man in the hole ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Woman in the Stands"]I''d like to see a dodecahedron myself but as we can only field 11 players, a tad impossible lol[/quote]How about a nonagon with a man in the hole ?[/quote]"Man in the hole"*snigger*

They say that triangles always confuse teams, so why not 2 Equilaterals and Isoceles, with 2 up front.

Failing that we can always play a flat 2 Scalene with an Obtuse with Doc and Askou in the middle.

Why did I start this thread - walks away shakes head. [:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

The diamonds''s cracked, the system''s flawed if Shyster''s not mistaken,

Wesley Hoo needs superglue to save Paul Lambert''s bacon! [^o)]

[/quote]..... Well, atleast we''re not "doomed", ''ey lap?[;)]

The Christmas Tree hasn''t been used since England in Euro 96. Maybe that is the new answer. Or how about the Mike Bassett Christmas Pudding?

I think another winger has to be a priority consideration purely on the grounds that the diamond was only implemented to fit Hoolahan into his preferred role, and should anything happen to him (injury, sale etc), then there''s no-one to really replace him with in the diamond which means we''ll likely revert to a 4-4-2.Problem being that if we have to do so, we don''t have a strong right winger to play, hence why we need the option.However we''re unlikely to attract a good quality winger purely on the grounds of getting some games if Wes isn''t playing, nor can we afford to have one sat on the bench collecting good wages for nothing.In the event of not having the money or being able to attract someone good enough, I wonder if Daley would be able to step up to the role? as his pace is excellent, but I''m not sure if his overall game is...Still, this is what managers get paid good money for, so I''m sure PL will figure out the best way to spend what little we have.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I think another winger has to be a priority consideration purely on the grounds that the diamond was only implemented to fit Hoolahan into his preferred role, and should anything happen to him (injury, sale etc), then there''s no-one to really replace him with in the diamond which means we''ll likely revert to a 4-4-2.

Problem being that if we have to do so, we don''t have a strong right winger to play, hence why we need the option.

However we''re unlikely to attract a good quality winger purely on the grounds of getting some games if Wes isn''t playing, nor can we afford to have one sat on the bench collecting good wages for nothing.

In the event of not having the money or being able to attract someone good enough, I wonder if Daley would be able to step up to the role? as his pace is excellent, but I''m not sure if his overall game is...

Still, this is what managers get paid good money for, so I''m sure PL will figure out the best way to spend what little we have.
[/quote]

I suspect if PL decides to go 442 ( personally I dont think he ever intended the diamond he stumbled on it ) then the funds will be made available. Unfortunately however I think a lot of those funds would be financed by the sale of Hoolahan, as adopting the system I feel Hoolahan would no longer be part of Lamberts plans as I cant see where he would fit in. Dont mean this to sound negative just dont see how Wes would fit in that system.