Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

No prize money!

Just read a report on the official site and it said that there is no prize money for finishing 1st or 2nd which i think is completely unfair!

Did anyone else know about this?

Yeah, it was mentioned at the supporters forum last night.Nothing more to tell you, theres no prize money, end of story lol.

I know it''s a bloody scam, we would be better off finishing in the playoffs so we can make more money by going up via the playoffs! Well we wouldn''t but you know what I mean.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]I know it''s a bloody scam, we would be better off finishing in the playoffs so we can make more money by going up via the playoffs! Well we wouldn''t but you know what I mean.[/quote]I don''t think you''d make a huge amount by the time Wemberlee PLC take their chunk off.

Just as well the News of Screws decided to help the coffers then by printing that story.

[quote user="Wembley_Canary"]Surely over 500k with ticket sales and tv revenue from the 3 playoff games includeing Wembley final.[/quote]Not sure, McNally was talking about it last night and he said something about a lot of it being pooled between the clubs taking part, I didn''t really listen close enough, sorry.

No prize money, nothing at all, that''s utter crap, had to double check this because it sounds a total farce, but alas it''s true.

I agree that it''s seems bad there is no prize money,

But there is another way of looking at it.

There are currently 72 teams plaing in the Coca-Cola League, This league is split into 3 divisions, So even if we win this division, we are in fact only finishing 25th in the entire league.

A bit strange this one. I emailed the Football League at the beginning of Feb re prize money and received the following:

Thank you for your email. 

Only the winners and runners-up in League One receive a specific amount (as
listed) – 3rd to 24th receive a basic award rather than a ladder payment.

Winners - £25,000, Runners-up - £10,000

Well the good thing is if Newcastle & WBA go up to the prem their parachute payments get shared between next years championship clubs instead of going to them, which is thought to be worth about £2-3million