In general terms, promotion would increase the clubs revenue by about £5m, which is roughly the size of last year''s losses for the season. Assuming we''re on a sound footing, that suggests that keeping next year''s player budget at the same as this year''s would see us break even in the Championship. Without wishing to argue the exact numbers, the question is: would fans accept us keeping the same player budget next year, or would there be demands to ''push on'' and ''show ambition'' next season even if it meant increasing the debts?

[quote user="Epic Beard Man"]

This club belongs in the Primary League.

Whats the point in sitting there and taking it up the arse from your board? Demand better! AAAGGHHHH

[/quote]

You sound like a Portsmouth fan.

[quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Epic Beard Man"]

Whats the point in sitting there and taking it up the arse from your board? Demand better! AAAGGHHHH

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have some Goddamn respect!

if you remember when we went down we still had one of the highest playing budgets, We have cut down on wages so would a expect that a fair amount of money would be availible for lambert not huge but enough. Money doesnt buy success and not having it doesnt mean its impossible. I think our budget will be about mid table in terms of championship so that is more than enough to stabilise with an excellent manager.

I feel we can show ambition next season by staying in the Championship. I will be looking to finish in the top half. I know the expectenacy will be high & people are saying it will be a poor division with teams coming down etc, but I feel we need to consolidate next season & look to push on the season after!

If we were to do back to backs we would almost certainly come straight back down & could again go into free fall, we''ve seen it happen too many times.

Therefore I''m auite happy if the budget stays the same, I think with maybe just a few addistions this team can more than hold their own in the Championship!!!!

I would expect that a lot of our current players have a clause which result in an increase in wages if we get promoted so the budget will take a jump up even if we add no new players. Russell and Doc are coming to the end of their contracts and would expect them to have to accept smaller deals than they are currently on, if we keep them of course.

Would obviously like to see an increased budget to allow the squad to improve on quality in several positions, I think another top quality midfielder is needed, not a critisim on our current players but the Championship will be tougher and improvements to the squad will need to be made.

[quote user="Epic Beard Man"][quote user="Amarillo"][quote user="Epic Beard Man"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have some Goddamn respect!

[/quote]Speaking of respect Beardie old chap, some children (and a few with a low mental age) use this forum, could you perhaps lose the signature graphic ?Thanks awfully.

Epic Beard Man, I have seen your youtube video and I salute you! Although I am aware that you''re not the real Epic Beard Man

I''m clinging to the hope that we''ll get a wealthy owner take over and invest enough money for us to really go for it next season, failing that I''d hope for at least 4 or 5 decent additions to the squad to give us a decent chance of pushing for the play offs.

[quote user="Spud1973"]

I feel we can show ambition next season by staying in the Championship. I will be looking to finish in the top half. I know the expectenacy will be high & people are saying it will be a poor division with teams coming down etc, but I feel we need to consolidate next season & look to push on the season after!

If we were to do back to backs we would almost certainly come straight back down & could again go into free fall, we''ve seen it happen too many times.

Therefore I''m auite happy if the budget stays the same, I think with maybe just a few addistions this team can more than hold their own in the Championship!!!!

[/quote]

Spot on.  We need to add a few players to get that extra strength in depth but saying we have to be looking at play offs is a bit stupid really because it''s not going to happen and we havn''t got the money we would need to get that sort of quality of player.  Like you said we need to strengthen it a little bit and hope for a comfortable mid table finish and then push on from there and I''m sure that is what NCFC will be looking at doing.

" some children (and a few with a low mental age) "

with limited communication skills as well it would appear

so i shall type this slowly so our newest can read it

our expenditure (money the club spends) is currently determined (they say) by what the bank will allow us to borrow

perhaps beardie, your experiences of monetary transactions does involve the said act you so graphically related - however in the world away from your lifestyle I would suggest that the budget will be more of what''s needed than a fixed amount to simply spend

that allows flexibility for further additions - much as what has happened this season

as to consolidation etc that is ridiculous, I don''t remember us having a 1960 cup run - we need to go for it while we can

if we fail in the playoffs it''s going to be a helluva good season, if we get promoted an even better season followed by a season in the Premiership

perhaps the club could arrange some discount on the open top bus in respect of multiple bookings !