Sign in to follow this  
dpit

blooding Rudd

Given that we are unlikely to have Forster here next year, at what stage do we start looking ahead to next year (in the Championship) and start giving Rudd a run? Do we wait until promotion is a mathematical certainty, get him before then or just keep on with Forster until the end of the season?

Once we are certain to go up then that is the time to give him a run - on present form that should give him 4 or 5 games to show what he can do (enough to make a balanced call).

Think Lambert will do it if and when we win the league, I know promotion is the only thing that really matters but I''m sure he will play his strongest team until the league is won.

I''m fairly optimistic about keeping Forster next season, he''ll be third choice there and surely a loan in the Championship is just a natural step up in his progression. Rudd is still only 19, needs to bulk up a bit before he gets a run in the first team.

I think Rudd looked very confident when he played back in the Autumn. Don''t forget Andy Marshall was only 19 when he had to step into Gunny''s shoes. Hopefully he''ll get a run-out once promotion has been clinched for Lambert to view his progression. I''d love to see how he''s getting on.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands (WITS)"]I think Rudd looked very confident when he played back in the Autumn. Don''t forget Andy Marshall was only 19 when he had to step into Gunny''s shoes. Hopefully he''ll get a run-out once promotion has been clinched for Lambert to view his progression. I''d love to see how he''s getting on.

And look what happened.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I''m fairly optimistic about keeping Forster next season, he''ll be third choice there and surely a loan in the Championship is just a natural step up in his progression. Rudd is still only 19, needs to bulk up a bit before he gets a run in the first team.[/quote]

I think you are right. It will be to the benefit of both clubs.