Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Pre-match drinks in Swindon???

Where are people meeting pre-match in Swindon?The Cricket Ground or The Merlin as suggested on http://www.footballgroundguide.com/swindon_town or can any of you give us a few other options?Swindon Canary should be our man for the inside info on this one?Any comments from Smith Must Score would be appreciated.  We liked the last place he suggested and he seems to be something of a culture vulture! [Y]

i hear they do mighty fine canapes in the Merlin........they''re magic with a pint of swindon tap

Off to Swindon tomorrow with the wife and boy to visit an old pal for the weekend. Still got to tell her that the mighty city are in town and have got a couple of tickets. My mate is taking me to the Merlin before hand for a few jars and he said that there is plenty of parking around the area.

I''ll be there and staying in Bristol for fun and games in the evening to celebrate!

Which pub are we settling on for drinks then? Merlin? Magic!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]You do realise that Leicester are at home this weekend, Smudge?[/quote]

LOL!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]You do realise that Leicester are at home this weekend, Smudge?[/quote]I know, but seeing as I am such a glory hunter I thought that I would spend the weekend watching my 2nd team... [;)]After all, I hope (whoops I mean I think) that Leicester will have to setlle for a place in the play-offs at best!

[quote user="Muddy funster"]I''ll be there and staying in Bristol for fun and games in the evening to celebrate!

Which pub are we settling on for drinks then? Merlin? Magic![/quote]The Merlin sounds good if you don''t lose your way at the Magic Roundabout...  [:|]I haven''t been smoking the wacky backy, honest!

That place is bonkers. I find it best to just point your car in roughly the direction you want to go and just .....go! If you try and work out who''s right of way it is with 7 busy connecting roundabouts, your brain explodes.

The Steam Railway has 9 real ales if you like ''em real. Actually, there are 2 bars - 1 for kids (lager, alcopops) and 1 for real ale.