Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Calum Davenport released

Just seen on bbc CD been released from West Ham, i always thought he was a decent player, esp at champ level, but after the attack is he still the same player? Would you have him on a free for a season? I would

Doesn''t mention anything specific on the bbc, probably does come with a bit of baggage, but looked a good player, maybe a move to quiet little Norwich would do him some good.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Just seen on bbc CD been released from West Ham, i always thought he was a decent player, esp at champ level, but after the attack is he still the same player? Would you have him on a free for a season? I would[/quote]

Old joke but here we go

Bit early for guessing the player of teh season but I would have a stab at Calum Davenport!

[quote user="Jem"]

[quote user="jed exodous"]Just seen on bbc CD been released from West Ham, i always thought he was a decent player, esp at champ level, but after the attack is he still the same player? Would you have him on a free for a season? I would[/quote]

Old joke but here we go

Bit early for guessing the player of teh season but I would have a stab at Calum Davenport!

[/quote]

The old ones are always the best.  Thanks for giving me a laugh!

[quote user="Jem"]

Old joke but here we go

[/quote]

Old joke or Crap not funny joke?

Depends on the wage situation. The defence looks really strong with excellent competition for places. I think IF we went we should remember there will be a limited pot of money. I think that should be used to address the Goalkeeper, first and foremost. Should be straightforward as I think it would suit Newcastle and Forster for another year long loan. We''ve got to be in poll position for that. He knows the area and knows he is rated by the management.

After that, some competition in midfield as Tudur Jones, Gill and Hughes will struggle in the championship on the evidence of what I have seen so far. (In reserve team fixtures mainly). Finally if there is anything left another big striker to complement Holt, Martin, Oli and Cody.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Jem"]

Old joke but here we go

[/quote] Old joke or Crap not funny joke?[/quote]

depends upon your point of view I guess

Reports are he was on £16k a week at West Ham, coupled with the fact he''s still got to appear in court on assault(?) charges means he probably isn''t going to end up here any time soon. Having said that I would take him like a shot, he''s the type of quality player we need to be signing in the summer should we get promoted.

Think his legs may be a major problem, due to the stabbing, remember someone who stabs a footballer in the legs does it for a reason., it''s potentially a career ending injury a knife can do unrepairable damage, coupled with the fact he was released by West Ham, I think his career may be over.

[quote user="Del boy"]Think his legs may be a major problem, due to the stabbing, remember someone who stabs a footballer in the legs does it for a reason., it''s potentially a career ending
injury a knife can do unrepairable damage, coupled with the fact he was released by West Ham, I think his career may be over.
[/quote]

Roy Keano sees him as the final part in his jigsaw,

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Wouldn''t mind Calum joining us![/quote]

Can''t see anything happening, remember it was a serious stabbing he was lucky not to lose his leg and his life was under threat.West ham haven''t terminated his contract for no reason

I''m guessing it will have effected his play somewhat because at the time it was classed as a serious injury, his mum got stabbed as well if memory serves me correct.I doubt he will play prem football ever again - poor guy!

CB isn''t an area that we''re short now IMO. Whitbred, Askou, Doc & Nelson are good enough at this level, the first 3 will come in handy next year also, Nelson i''m undecided on.

With our limited budget we should be looking at a GK for next season.

I think our CDs are going to be made to look very weak back in the Championship. Davenport coming back to form would be great but I don''t think it''s realistic. Definitely an area to strengthen for me though.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I think our CDs are going to be made to look very weak back in the Championship. Davenport coming back to form would be great but I don''t think it''s realistic. Definitely an area to strengthen for me though.
[/quote]

What so you don''t think Askou Doherty and Whitbread are good enough then.

I better give Lambert a rig telling him he wasted the budget buying Zak. [8-)]

I don''t think Askou is up to Champ standards & I''m sure Nelson isn''t. Doc looks a lot better in League One but I suspect he''ll be back to rugby tackles and falling over against better forwards.Askou or Doc with someone faster and more organised could well work. Whitbread I don''t have an opinion on but even if he''s like Woodgate on top form we''ll still need another one quality CB.

We''ll have Spillane as well don''t forget, can see him and Whitbread potentially being a great combination, maybe not straight away, but in time

[quote user="bjg123"]We''ll have Spillane as well don''t forget, can see him and Whitbread potentially being a great combination, maybe not straight away, but in time [/quote]Could well be- but in time still backs up my feeling we need more strength there for August.

[quote user="bjg123"]We''ll have Spillane as well don''t forget, can see him and Whitbread potentially being a great combination, maybe not straight away, but in time
[/quote]

Maybe not at all, would be my guess.