Sign in to follow this  
willa

elliottt

great start can he drag us over the line. he wont start on saturday not fit enough if promoted will we spend on him. my view think he can do a job. discuss

Maybe a tad, but no where near as much as replying just to call someone a c**k!I think Lambert wouldn''t have brought him in if he didn''t have bigger plans for him perhaps!

I will be better placed to give an opinion if he comes on tomorrow.  I don''t know hardly anything about him,  I''ve seen what has been written lately but no substitute for actually watching the player (never make a manager would I).  Though I tend to agree with AndyCanary in that Lambert has at least half an eye on the future with regards to Elliot.

PS - no issue with the discuss mandate, much better than running up 10 pointless posts.

[quote user="willa"]can he drag us over the line. [/quote]We don''t need to drag ourselves over the line, we will cross it at a canter on our current form!Too soon to say whether we would want him full time next season if we make it though.  The Preston fans were saying he would start well but soon lose interest once he settled in so I think we reserve judgement for a bit. 

Impressed with the way he took his two goals and I would like to see him start in place of Martin who could do with a rest.

[quote user="silver fox"]Impressed with the way he took his two goals and I would like to see him start in place of Martin who could do with a rest.[/quote]He scored 2 open goals?He looks quick, but we''re yet to see anything of him.. He brought an awful record to us, 8 goals in his last 50 or something close to that... Glad he was in the position to get the 2 goals, and hope he gets a few more :)

The second was a decent finish. It certainly wasn''t an open goal as Smithies nearly saved it. Give him credit for getting into good scoring positions inside the penalty area. I would definately start Martin though on Saturday. He has done nothing to warrant being dropped at the moment. I think we''ll lose the odd game that will get the pulses racing but I think we''ll do it with a bit to spare hopefully.

Not got a problem with discuss at the end personally, but it is a discussion board after all so possibly stating the obvious I guess.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="silver fox"]Impressed with the way he took his two goals and I would like to see him start in place of Martin who could do with a rest.[/quote]He scored 2 open goals?He looks quick, but we''re yet to see anything of him.. He brought an awful record to us, 8 goals in his last 50 or something close to that... Glad he was in the position to get the 2 goals, and hope he gets a few more :)[/quote]He had to get in the right position to have a chance on goal which is something Martin wasn''t doing at Huddersfield.