Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Forster compares us to Toon army

I dn''t think this is an insult... My nephew is a Newcastle fan (Shame on him) and I''ve been to one toon game (shame on me :-) ). But their following is really good too, they will back their team through thick and thin.

I still prefer CITY! But this is not an insult... thoughts?

I don''t take this as an insult, the North East is always hyped up for having die hard, passionate football mad fans and Norwich is more similar to this than what most people give us credit for.

Clearly meant to be a compliment to our fans, whilst perhaps staying complimentary about Newcastle for if/when he goes back there.

Next thing he''ll be kissing the badge...

Football is such an insincere game...players move between clubs and say all the right things about the club they are currently at. He''s hardly likely to slag the fans off and be open the doors to the sort of treatment a certain antipodean got. Same thing with managers.

It works both ways. One day a manager can be the messiah, gaining promotion, the next, those same fans turn on him.

Don''t forget, EVERY club''s set of fans believe THEY are the greatest supporters in the game.

It''s a very good compliment! I remember mentioning when I joined here that the support base NCFC gets for 3rd division football is pure crazy! just like toon fansCompare the size of the stadium, to the support each week and take into consideration the league your in, I think it''s the best in english football

Like Newcastle myself, always got on with fans of there''s.

Loved watching them in the mid 90''s, the definition of the you score 3 we''ll score 4 approach.

Another urban myth

Fickle fans who have an over inflated sense of their own importance

Remind me of what this supposed giant has won since the early seventies

When we last went to Newcastle for the midweek 2-2 draw in the Premiership I thought the ground had developed into one of the best in Britain yet the home crowd were so subdued!

Urban myths - North East football fans are fanatical and Norwich is a little football club in a farming community who aren''t passionate and don''t support the club in any great numbers!

I think we''re a bigger club than Middles(without a certain Steve Gibson would be at best an average Championship club the size of Barnsley or Preston)brough and when we last played at Roker Park and won 1-0, a season in which Sunderland eventually won the 2nd Division the crowd was 14,000!

We''ve always been very understated by outsiders ignorant about the Canaries and even our own fans who''ve been sucked into all the urban myths!

I always get annoyed by those who think it wonderful and acceptable if a person supporting Newcastle is fanatical yet labells someone sad if they are the same when supporting Norwich!

Nice of Forster to say what he did. What he really meant was - "I never thought Norwich was a big a club as they are!"

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

When we last went to Newcastle for the midweek 2-2 draw in the Premiership I thought the ground had developed into one of the best in Britain yet the home crowd were so subdued!

Urban myths - North East football fans are fanatical and Norwich is a little football club in a farming community who aren''t passionate and don''t support the club in any great numbers!

I think we''re a bigger club than Middles(without a certain Steve Gibson would be at best an average Championship club the size of Barnsley or Preston)brough and when we last played at Roker Park and won 1-0, a season in which Sunderland eventually won the 2nd Division the crowd was 14,000!

We''ve always been very understated by outsiders ignorant about the Canaries and even our own fans who''ve been sucked into all the urban myths!

I always get annoyed by those who think it wonderful and acceptable if a person supporting Newcastle is fanatical yet labells someone sad if they are the same when supporting Norwich!

Nice of Forster to say what he did. What he really meant was - "I never thought Norwich was a big a club as they are!"

[/quote]Are Middlesborough not an average Championship with Steve Gibson currently then??? [:^)]