Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Here's one to ponder...

Do you mean improved from last season or improved as the season has gone on?For the former, I''d have to say Hoolahan, although this is exacerbated by his being played in a position that suits him.Its possible that Nelson is in with a shout for the latter, after the ''mare he suffered against Colchester, to then come back and become part of a relatively solid defence is worth a mention.  He may not be the most skilful or classy centre-back in the world, but as a League 1 king of the ''AWAAAAAAAAY!'' he''s done his job and done it well.

Korey Smith surely?!

Russell hasn''t improved he''s just finally playing in his favoured position, all though he certainly looks a revelation compared with Darrel Russell the centre forward. Hoolahan likewise looks better but he''s now had the entire formation built around him so he ought to. Korey Smith has come in and made the position his own and looks better and better every game. No doubt Doherty should be in with a shout too.   

I see the Dohertans have chimed in. COME ON, you lost souls, can you not admit he was TOTAL CRAP early on (and seaons previous for my own confirmation) but has played well since he was brought back into the line up due to injuries?

The eeeyoring, braying dunce has been solid since he found his level.

(watch this thread take off and the "this site got boring'' crowd come flooding back to explain how he''s the only reason we''re not in League 2!)

Most improved from last season - hard to judge as the players are playing against lesser opponents so would automatically look better (other than the first home game, obviously).  But Hoolahan has been immensely influential this year while being a luxury last year.During the season - Nelson looked like a pub player at first but has gone on to resemble a decent League 1 centre back.

So many contenders for me.Chris Martin because did anyone expect him to score as many goals as he has done so far? And for producing consistant performances.Korey Smith - because Smith essentially came from nowhere and has gone from strength to strength with every game he has played to the point that we miss him when he is injured or rested.Other players in with a shout - Lappin, Forster, Nelson and Drury up until his injury.

Chris Martin has certainly improved alot, still think his attitude could be better. Hoolahan for me though, I genuinely thought he was awful last season.

Hoolahan was good last season - he was just in and out of the team and treated like rubbish by Rodent. Look at the games he played towards the end of the season under Gunn and you saw the quality.I don''t think he has improved as such - no where near as much as Korey who has bust a gut all season.