Sign in to follow this  
Trent Uni Canary

Lamberts first mistake?

I know its late, but i thought lambert made a mistake at huddersfield when he dropped mcnamee for russel, i felt he should have dropped lappin instead.

i also thought that elliott for martin was a mistake at the time but obviously not!

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]I know its late, but i thought lambert made a mistake at huddersfield when he dropped mcnamee for russel, i felt he should have dropped lappin instead.

i also thought that elliott for martin was a mistake at the time but obviously not![/quote]You kinda answered your own question there.He made a mistake, but maybe not...

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]I know its late, but i thought lambert made a mistake at huddersfield when he dropped mcnamee for russel, i felt he should have dropped lappin instead. i also thought that elliott for martin was a mistake at the time but obviously not![/quote]

I hope that you are not at Trent Uni to pursue a career in negotiating or something like that!!!

Difficult to call that a mistake when we won the game, however what I believe would be a mistake is if Lambert waits for a defeat until he brings back what are obviously better defenders in Drury and Askou.

Well if that''s a mistake, I''d love to see his inspired decisions then. Lappin is crucial to our successes imo. Solid as a rock and Mr reliable.

Urm we won, and Lappin set up the goal that killed the game off. Untill we get hammered I wont accept that he has done anything wrong.

At the end of the day,  people are slagging off Lappin who happens to member of a squad who A) is top of the league and B) keeps winning.... obviously not that bad? Certainly wasnt the week link on Saturday (Rose).

[quote user="birchfest"]Urm we won, and Lappin set up the goal that killed the game off. Untill we get hammered I wont accept that he has done anything wrong.

At the end of the day,  people are slagging off Lappin who happens to member of a squad who A) is top of the league and B) keeps winning.... obviously not that bad? Certainly wasnt the week link on Saturday (Rose).[/quote]

im not slagging lappin off at all, hes been great all season, i just thought that in the first half we needed someone like mcnamee. definitely agree about rose though, he has to be replaced by drury today. but then again he set up a goal aswell

[quote user="birchfest"]Urm we won, and Lappin set up the goal that killed the game off. Untill we get hammered I wont accept that he has done anything wrong.

At the end of the day,  people are slagging off Lappin who happens to member of a squad who A) is top of the league and B) keeps winning.... obviously not that bad? Certainly wasnt the week link on Saturday (Rose).[/quote]

im not slagging lappin off at all, hes been great all season, i just thought that in the first half we needed someone like mcnamee. definitely agree about rose though, he has to be replaced by drury today. but then again he set up a goal aswell

I wasnt saying it was just you, its just Lappin has become abit of a hate figure with some people on here, which I find fairly odd as we are top of the league!

You may be a fellow member of the Trent Army but can''t agree with you at all, we''d have been totally over run in midfield against a good side had we gone in with McNamee as well as Hoolahan, Martin & Holt.

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]apart from setting up the goal lappin did nothing all game, and in the first half we were crying out for an outlet like mcnamee[/quote]

Sorry Uni but thats not true. He covers back really well, particularly when we havn''t got the ball. Rose gets cover from Lappin all the time.

[quote user="Trent Uni Canary"]I know its late, but i thought lambert made a mistake at huddersfield when he dropped mcnamee for russel, i felt he should have dropped lappin instead. i also thought that elliott for martin was a mistake at the time but obviously not![/quote]

Are you for real?

What an absolutely pointless thread!