Sign in to follow this  
Barclay Trucker

GRRRRR

Now I know a point is a point but what has concerned me in the last few weeks, is the defending from corners... Again we have just been caught out by some sloppy defending, as we did too last week!!! Come on lads..... I''m not getting on ya backs, but you only had to do ya job another 30secs...Oh well bring on the LEEDS.

Nelson allowed Trotman an easy header last week and now another big centre back has been allowed a free header, i''d hate to be the one responsible going back into that changing room, especially if it''s Nelson again.

It''s football, what can you say.

The lads did well to go away from home and get a point, sometimes I think we get a little too used to winning.  We are still top and still have points over other teams. It''s not as bad a result as an away loss, or even worse a home loss.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

sometimes I think we get a little too used to winning.

[/quote]

I think your right mate.... That prob is my problem... as i said i werent getting onto them, but just slightly concerns me, when we have dominated for 90 mins

Shut up. Good results but the fact is we have conceded 2 in 2 games from set peices its a problem. It needs working on.

No! What are you saying? We were PERFECT today. Everyone was amazing. Don''t point out any constructive criticism about the performance that makes you a binner!

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Nelson allowed Trotman an easy header last week and now another big centre back has been allowed a free header, i''d hate to be the one responsible going back into that changing room, especially if it''s Nelson again.[/quote]

It was Forster''s fault last week not Nelson. Sounds like this week was from further out but would still like to see Forster leave his line occasionally.

[quote user="Barclay Block E Trucker"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

sometimes I think we get a little too used to winning.

[/quote]

I think your right mate.... That prob is my problem... as i said i werent getting onto them, but just slightly concerns me, when we have dominated for 90 mins

[/quote]

Dominated?

We would have lost if it wasn''t for Forster today. Draw Monday and we are set.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Nelson allowed Trotman an easy header last week and now another big centre back has been allowed a free header, i''d hate to be the one responsible going back into that changing room, especially if it''s Nelson again.[/quote] It was Forster''s fault last week not Nelson. Sounds like this week was from further out but would still like to see Forster leave his line occasionally.[/quote]

So Nelson should just allow a 6ft 3 powerhouse to run at the ball in our area unopposed?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Nelson allowed Trotman an easy header last week and now another big centre back has been allowed a free header, i''d hate to be the one responsible going back into that changing room, especially if it''s Nelson again.[/quote] It was Forster''s fault last week not Nelson. Sounds like this week was from further out but would still like to see Forster leave his line occasionally.[/quote]

So Nelson should just allow a 6ft 3 powerhouse to run at the ball in our area unopposed?

[/quote]

Ideally not but I would expect any keeper to collect a corner that was well inside the six yard box.

What was Nelson expected to do from about 3 yards out and running back towards his own goal - stick it in himself?