Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Spillane, Docherty, Whitbread, Dury

That would be my back four if everyones fit.... would this be good enough in the championship? I think we would need to strengthen both full backs and replace docherty if we want back to back promotion...?

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]bollocks doherty!!!lol[/quote]

You missed another[:P]

Would be quality at this level no doubt. Undecided on how it''d do in the Championship, Whitbred aside I have doubts about the other 3''s Championship ability.

No Askou? He is a mile better than Doherty.  And how can people not think Drury is good enough for the Championship he is still one of the best left backs outside the Premiership!  Can you please tell me the last time he made a mistake or cost us a game?

He is a mile better than Doherty.  And how can people not think Drury is good enough for the Championship he is still one of the best left backs outside the Premiership!  Can you please tell me the last time he made a mistake or cost us a game***

I love the much used Barry Fry Drury quote "best left back outside the Prem"...lol! it all became so apperent in the 2004/05 season did it! ;0)

Joking aside I''d still be happy to have him in the starting 11. Rose looks ok going forward but not totally convinced on the defending bit (how many times do you say that these days...up there with the keeper "great shot stopped by wayward on crosses/corners".

It''s not a slight on Drury mate, it''s purely the fact he''s not played Championship football for nearly 2 years which causes some doubt.

[quote user="Lambo"]It''s not a slight on Drury mate, it''s purely the fact he''s not played Championship football for nearly 2 years which causes some doubt.[/quote]

Surely he has proved enough though that when he is fit he actually is the best left back outside the prem.

How long ago was that though?? The only time we''ve seen Adam Drury have a long spell in the side in the past 3 seasons is this year in League 1.

Again I''m not slating the bloke, he''s one of my favourite players, however you don''t know wether he''s still going to deliver the goods to that standard, he''s had a rough couple years injury wise and ain''t no spring chicken anymore. I''m not saying he''s going to be shocking all I''m saying is you can''t garentee he''s going to be as good as he was a few years back.

I sincerely hope he does perform to the level he used to, as you rightly said, he was the best LB in the Football League. I''m simply being cautious, nothing wrong with that.

[quote user="Boyo"]No Askou? He is a mile better than Doherty.[/quote]Is Askou still injured then?