Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Swindon vs Norwich: Unoffical offical match thread :D

Would have taken it before the game. Don''t want to take it now. A real shame with everyone else around us drawing and losing. Colchester losing now.

If we had won this i would have liked to see Leeds lose now i would like to see Millwall lose.

[quote user="Jen Jen "]Typical![/quote]No it''s not! I''d have taken 4 points from Huddersfield and Swindon away two weeks ago, wouldn''t you?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Either we win and we''ve got the 3 points or we lose and put the pressure on Leeds.So we''ll probably draw 1-1[/quote]Bravo, bravo!

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Jen Jen "]Typical![/quote]

No it''s not!

I''d have taken 4 points from Huddersfield and Swindon away two weeks ago, wouldn''t you?
[/quote]

Too bloody right

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]8 points clear, not too shabby[/quote]Not fussed about Leeds at the moment. Difference between us and 3rd is most important. As it stands it is the same so 12 points with 9 games to go.27 points to play for 12 ahead. 4 points from two very tough away games - good stuff for me. All down to next weekend now, that may well decide who wins the league, then its all down to getting the points to confirm promotion.

defence just switched off, but frazer made a top class save...just before. Don''t think a lot of league one keepers would have saved that one

[quote user="ǝƃɹoǝƃ"]If we had won this i would have liked to see Leeds lose now i would like to see Millwall lose.[/quote]

Wouldn''t a draw be the best result? Don''t want Leeds to win just before they play us and would rather keep the gap. Gutted about the draw today but like most people would have taken a point before the game.

[quote user="ǝƃɹoǝƃ"]If we had won this i would have liked to see Leeds lose now i would like to see Millwall lose.[/quote]

Wouldn''t a draw be the best result? Don''t want Leeds to win just before they play us and would rather keep the gap. Gutted about the draw today but like most people would have taken a point before the game.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Jen Jen "]Typical![/quote]

No it''s not!

I''d have taken 4 points from Huddersfield and Swindon away two weeks ago, wouldn''t you?
[/quote]

Of course I''m pleased with 4points! It''s just dissapointing to give a goal away with 20seconds to go.

[quote user="Jen Jen "]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Jen Jen "]Typical![/quote]No it''s not! I''d have taken 4 points from Huddersfield and Swindon away two weeks ago, wouldn''t you?[/quote]

Of course I''m pleased with 4points! It''s just dissapointing to give a goal away with 20seconds to go.

[/quote]Precisely, when you''re 1 up, with 20 seconds to go, regardless of if you''re playing Man Utd or Wroxham (or in this case Swindon), it''s absolutely guttering to throw it all away. Southampton in the JPT anyone?

I posted before the game started that I''d be happy with a draw there and although its a shame to concede at the end of the game, I''m still happy with a point especially as Charlton only got one too.

Hope Leeds and Millwall draw on Monday now.

Table is looking good [:)]

1Norwich374081
2Leeds United3632

3Charlton371967
4Swindon371166
5Millwall362165
6Colchester361664

I reckon we''ll be celebrating at 5pm on April 10th at CR [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I posted before the game started that I''d be happy with a draw there and although its a shame to concede at the end of the game, I''m still happy with a point especially as Charlton only got one too.

1Norwich374081
2Leeds United3632

3Charlton371967
4Swindon371166
5Millwall362165
6Colchester361664

[/quote]

That would be if it was correct!

[quote user="cityangel"]

1Norwich374081
2Leeds United3632

3Charlton371967
4Swindon371166
5Millwall362165
6Colchester361664

[/quote]

That would have been the case had we won. Instead we have 79 points not 81.

[quote user="cityangel"]

1Norwich374081
2Leeds United3632

3Charlton371967
4Swindon371166
5Millwall362165
6Colchester361664

[/quote]Not quite as good as that CA, but it''ll doWe''re on 79 points

[quote user="Stranger44"]

This is the current table:

1Norwich374079
2Leeds United3632

3Charlton371967
4Swindon371167
5Millwall362165
6Colchester361663

CA, I''m guessing yours was from a few minutes before the game ended!

[/quote]

Gutted with a draw so late in the game.  But 4 points from 2 away games at Hudders and Swindon can''t be sniffed at really.  A draw or a win against Leeds and we have got through the tricky period without losing any ground.

I have to say on Monday I am hoping for a Leeds win, or a draw at the worse.  I don''t want Millwall picking up any more ground, it has to be promotion first, title second.

I still think we are definitely up.  We are still 12 points (13 in reality if you take into account our far superior goal difference) ahead of third place, however there are only 9 games remaining.  Matches are fast running out and a lot of these teams still have to play each other. 

Charlton''s next 2 league games are both away, to Huddersfield & MK Dons

Swindon''s next 2 league games are both away, to Hartlepool & Leeds

Millwall''s next 3 games are away to Leeds then home to Stockport and home to Brentford

Even being unbelievably pessimistic and saying that we only get 14 points from our remaining 9 games one of Charlton, Swindon or Millwall would have to win ALL of their remaining games to finish ahead of us AND Leeds would have to overtake us as well.

Charlton & Swindon can only get a maximum of 94 points, Millwall 95 points.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Jen Jen "]

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Jen Jen "]Typical![/quote]No it''s not! I''d have taken 4 points from Huddersfield and Swindon away two weeks ago, wouldn''t you?[/quote]

[/quote]Precisely, when you''re 1 up, with 20 seconds to go, regardless of if you''re playing Man Utd or Wroxham (or in this case Swindon), it''s absolutely guttering to throw it all away. Southampton in the JPT anyone?[/quote]It happens.....We''ve done it plenty of times to other teams this season and we still got a point so it wasn''t all thrown away.

[quote user="Stranger44"]

This is the current table:

1Norwich374079
2Leeds United3632

3Charlton371967
4Swindon371167
5Millwall362165
6Colchester361663

CA, I''m guessing yours was from a few minutes before the game ended!

[/quote]The BBC website didn''t update for ever after the game. It still said that we were 1-0 up at 17:35 and the "as they stand" table hadn''t been updated by then, either.

What''s all this about Milwall ''gaining'' on us if they win on Monday night.  Well yes, if they get 3 points they''ll be 3 points closer to us, this is true... unfortunately for them they''ll still be 11 points behind us.  And we''ve already played them twice.  And they''ve got to play (after Leeds) Colchester, Swindon and Huddersfield still.  I think we can handle them... Leeds, on the other hand.........Anyways, happy with a point today, said it would be a score draw but was gutted with the way it happened - we were leading with minutes to go, I lose interweb connection on my phone for 5 minutes, when it comes back its FT and 1-1.  Gutted, but I''ll take it.

[quote user="birchfest"]I have a feeling this could be 0-0... we are due one!

But im hoping for a 1-0 city, Holt in the 38th.
[/quote]

So close....