Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Swindon vs Norwich: Unoffical offical match thread :D

My turn to start it :DTeams?Score?I think it will be the same team, with Drury back in though....3-1 win to Norwich, 2 for Holt and 1 for Martin :DOTBC

Had just typed this out but then checked to ensure there wasn''t one and you''d beaten  me to it by a few minutes [:)] but here''s my contribution anyway

Recent respective form guides

Swindon have lost just once in their last six home games, winning four and drawing one. A total of 14 goals have been scored by them in those games, with 8 conceded.

Norwich''s away form is equally impressive, with a great return of five wins and one defeat from the last six. Those games have seen the Canaries score 14 goals, and let in 5.

Swindon Town are just outside the promotion places, in 4th, having taken 66 points from 36 games. City are leading the way in the Coca-Cola League One, 7 points clear of second place with their 36 games giving them a return of 78 points.

Current form guides: P-----W----D-----L-----F-----A-----P
Swindon Town---------6-----3-----1-----2-----7-----7-----10
Norwich City-----------6-----5-----0-----1-----11----5-----15

Last 4 games against them

2009/2010 Tue 10 Nov Swindon Town 0-0 Norwich City JPT
2009/2010 Sat 24 Oct Norwich City 1-0 Swindon Town LGE1
1999/2000 Wed 22 Mar Norwich City 0-2 Swindon Town CHMP
1999/2000 Fri 12 Nov Swindon Town 0-0 Norwich City CHMP

My Thoughts

I’m going for 2-2 as I think Swindon will make this a tough one for us although in Lambert I trust so guess I should be more confident and say 1-2.

Can''t see Charlton losing at home to Gillingham today, so see them retaining 3rd place on 69 points but if we beat Swindon that will put us on 81 points, 15 points ahead of them in 4 place with their 66 points, leaving only 3 clubs in the picture for the top 2 places.

As for team selection I would replace Rose with Drury and rest Martin and give Elliott a start but not sure many fans would agree

Whats your thoughts about our game today and what team would you play?

CMON YOU YELLOWS [:)]

I would be very happy with a draw, but i am going with 1 - 0 Norwich (Holt). Will be a very tough game.I 95% agree with CityAngel in the changes. I would replace Martin with Elliot. I have been to the last 3 games (Oldham, Yoevil, Huddersfield) and Martin has looked more lathargic each time. Dont get me wrong, he has been phenominal for us all season and i highly rate him, but i think this change would give him a bit of a rest as well as a bit of a kick up the arse. Elliot scoring a couple is kind of a catalyst too! Still if Martin starts i hope he proves me wrong! I would edge towards bringing Drury off the bench and ease him back in? as i know he played 70 mins midweek. Although i see Drury as much stronger than Rose, Rose is still capable and i thought the NOTW rating of 4 for him against Huddersfield was a bit harsh! I would be tempted to start macnamee against his old club, but i dont think i would.Come on City!

Going to be a tough game. But in ever hopeful (very optimistic) mood, I''m going for 4 -2 City.But if we win and it''s not that result, I can''t say I''ll be disappointed.Will Drury make the bench or start? Personally, I''d like him to come off the bench in the second half, as he adds more passing options than Rose when he overlaps to go up front. Must be due another goal now too. Ooh, I''m a woman and I''m talking football, is that allowed? Will I be ordered back to the kitchen? Told to do the ironing? So original these cavemen posters. Well, to those of you thinking of posting that, all I can say is ''Kiss it!''OTBC!

I''m fairly confident, Swindon have brought in Nouble who will be very lively and could cause our defence a few problems but they''re missing a number of key players (Lucas, Cuthbert, Ferry & Paynter) so if we''re anywhere near our best I think we''ll have too much for them. A draw would be a decent result and maintain a healthy gap over the chasers.

Afternoon all, thanks for starting the thread GP.

I am really hoping for another win, but we shall see and i''m crud at predictions so don''t do them lol

[quote user="morty"]Shall we start the formation debate lol?

[/quote]I think Smudger has gone to the game thankfully. He is probably currently working out how low we can finish in the table and throwing darts at a picture of Simon Lappin.Oh and City 2-1 another comeback after being 1 down.

[quote user="Longy"][quote user="morty"]Shall we start the formation debate lol?

[/quote]I think Smudger has gone to the game thankfully. He is probably currently working out how low we can finish in the table and throwing darts at a picture of Simon Lappin.Oh and City 2-1 another comeback after being 1 down.

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Out of interest, Stockport Canary, whereabouts in Stockport are you?
[/quote]

Didn''t realise Stockport was a big enough place to have different areas of residence, the Town centre seemed rather basic when I went up in October anyway

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"]Shall we start the formation debate lol?

[/quote]

Have you got your smug hat on yet Morty? [;)]

[/quote]No lol.I''m thinking the diamond though, pretty much same as last week. I don''t think Rose has warranted being dropped for Drury. MacNamee on as an impact sub later in the game once we''re winning.

I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Out of interest, Stockport Canary, whereabouts in Stockport are you?[/quote]

Didn''t realise Stockport was a big enough place to have different areas of residence, the Town centre seemed rather basic when I went up in October anyway

[/quote]Stockport isn''t much smaller than Norwich... it does need a bit of a face-lift, though...

[quote user="Queen B"]I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)][/quote]Hooray! Lesbians! [;)]

[quote user="Queen B"]I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)][/quote]Just read that back and realised it doesn''t make much sense, but I think my point is obvious.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Queen B"]I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)][/quote]Hooray! Lesbians! [;)][/quote][:D]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Queen B"]I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)][/quote]Hooray! Lesbians! [;)][/quote]Oh yeah...[:)][:P]

[quote user="Queen B"]I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)][/quote]Thanks Queen B. Saw you gave as good as you got the other day [Y]Radio Norfolk has just said it''s raining quite heavily. That''s nice for them! Not so good for playing conditions as could make passing the ball around tricky. Still we played on an allotment and won so what''s a bit of rain?!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Queen B"]I say another 2-1, but I''d be happy with any win, of course! It''s going to be tough, but after beating Huddersfield, a team that had been unbeaten at home, after being outplayed for much of the game, I''m quietly confident going into each game.Oh and WITS, I like you very much already [;)][/quote]Hooray! Lesbians! [;)][/quote]No I''m definitely hetro EM! [;)] Have you not noticed?! lolNow back to the football.... nb it was a man who went OT