Sign in to follow this  
Canary Pirate

THE REALITY IS.........

( and this comes from a pessemist )We are going to win League One comfortably.We have the best manager, one of the best squad of players, consistency, mental strength, infact everything you require to get promoted, we are the complete package in this league andwe have put ourselves in an unassailable position. The chasing pack will be taking points off each other. Leeds will recover and put a decent run together til the end of the seasonNorwich City          97Leeds United          91===============Millwall                  87Swindon Town       85Colchester United  83Huddersfield Town 81----------------------Charlton Athletic    80  ( Oh dear - the premiereship model ! )OTBC[:D]

Agree with the first part, after all it took us the remarkable achievment of taking something like 45 points out of 47 to make up an 11 point gap against a faltering Leeds side and nobody has anywhere near 47 points still available to play for. Even a run of form such as we experienced under Megson would probably see us squeeze through and I just can''t see Megson 1. Coming back or 2. Being as bad now as he was then.[:)]What I don''t agree with is your prediction that Leeds will recover and finish second.  In their remaining matches they have to play the teams currently sitting 1, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9th in the table (ie looking for promotion or a playoff place) and the "easy" matches for Leeds are against the teams currently placed 19th and 22nd (ie looking to avoid relegation).I think we have a situation where the "Star player" already knows he''s off next year and those out of contract (having just been told the Club will not enter into talks until they (effectively) see which League Leeds are in next year) will have started making tentative enquiries to their agents. What price a "Fulham" or "Charlton" type display or two from the Leeds lads between now and the end of the season as potentially half the team fielded by Grayson in these closing stages could have their minds on moving to another club for next year?[:D]

Well the Leeds situation will be interesting anyway. They have a big enough squad, may beGrayson would have been better off playing some of the fringe players with a greater desire.Thats where PL has succeeded ( everyone has been kept on their toes and has to perform ) andwhere Grayson has missed a trick. Oh, to be a Leeds fan, I just can''t imagine how I would feelif they cocked it up again ! [:)]

I just cant see us not winning 90% of the remaining games, the only two I have any doubt about is Leeds and Bristol away.. the rest we should, on paper, beat.