Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

1 point gained? 2 points dropped?

Before the game I would have said a point gained if offered a draw. However, conceding 20secs before the end is obviously 2 points dropped.

kick in the guts, but still a point gained. As no one else capitalised the bigger picture is still a point gained. A win next week will make it 10 from 12 in March, which every city fan would have taken surely??

Two dropped as there was only 20 seconds left but we can''t get to down,just look at the table we are still flying high!![:D][:D] If we beat Leeds then it will be 7 from 9 points against three tough teams and i would be more than happy with that.

Win at home and pick up what you can on the road..

I would have happily taken the point before the game. Bit galling to concede so late, but it`s still a point. Onwards and upwards for Leeds now.

Point gained against a good team away from home.

Look at Leeds, they got stuffed 3-0 there....  I think we can feel satisfied with a point they JUST manage to claw back!

In the context of Colchester losing and Charlton drawing. A good point for me. If we negotiate the Leeds game safely, we have done really well with a tricky run of fixtures.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

2 points dropped as we leak a goal from a corner in the 90th minute

or

1 point gianed as most of us were expected to get beat today.

[/quote]

Really? I expected us to get at least a point but I would have taken a point beforehand as a defeat is the only result that could really damage our promotion hopes, a draw just keeps us well clear of the chasing pack and we can cross off another game, just 9 to go and a 12 pt gap to 3rd.

1 point gained, seeing as though it meant taking two from Swindon, Charlton dropped an easy two, Colchester dropped three, and the fact that  Leeds or Millwall will drop points tomorrow night.To be honest I dont see it as points gained/lost, I see it as one less game for other teams to close the gap.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]1 point gained, seeing as though it meant taking two from Swindon, Charlton dropped an easy two, Colchester dropped three, and the fact that  Leeds or Millwall will drop points tomorrow night.

To be honest I dont see it as points gained/lost, I see it as one less game for other teams to close the gap.
[/quote]Well said that man.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]1 point gained, seeing as though it meant taking two from Swindon, Charlton dropped an easy two, Colchester dropped three, and the fact that  Leeds or Millwall will drop points tomorrow night.

To be honest I dont see it as points gained/lost, I see it as one less game for other teams to close the gap.
[/quote]

Not just that but Swindon away was probably 1 of the games we were most likely to drop points on the others.

A kick in the nads, but Swindon are no mugs and we are still well clear at the top.  We cannot win every game and at least we gained a point.The pressure is all on Leeds, if they lost today and we beat them next weekend we can crack open the champagne, it is that simple.

Even though it was very annoying, I''m extremely pleased with 4 points from Swindon and Huddersfield away. Very good indeed. We can now afford to lose next week (which I still see as VERY unlikely) and still win the league.

Gutwrenching to concede that late but a point at Swindon a team who I think would hold their own in the Championship is better than what most other clubs seem to manage in League 1!

The bigger picture is that in 2 consectutive away games against 2 of the strongest teams in the League we''ve gotten 4 points from 6 which we would of considered good going before the games!

We gave Swindon the initiative after taking the lead, and I''m disappointed because Leeds will partially close the gap with a win tomorrow and I don''t want them to catch us as I have money on us taking the title. We could have won this game if  Mcnamee had been put on as in previous games, but Lambert obviously went for caution, which IMO was a mistake.

All will be forgiven though as long as we win on Saturday.  

[quote user="First Wizard"]Another vital point, there''s little to be gained from ''what if'' thinking.[/quote]Spot on Wiz.Swindon have not gained any ground on us this weekend and now have one game less until the end of the season to do so.