Sign in to follow this  
BOOM!!

Glenn Roeder

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve just watched the smug git in glorious HD bagging about the race horse he''s bought, hmm, I wonder who chuffing paid for it?[:@][/quote]Another lie Wiz?  Soccer AM isn''t broadcast in HD [:P]What a complete nonce Roeder is.[/quote]Do you know what ''nonce'' means? [/quote]Yes, but it''s hardly used in that sense anymore.  It''s just a standard insult.[/quote]Must be a Stowmarket thing..[/quote]Hmmm...obviously [:^)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve just watched the smug git in glorious HD bagging about the race horse he''s bought, hmm, I wonder who chuffing paid for it?[:@][/quote]

Another lie Wiz?  Soccer AM isn''t broadcast in HD [:P]

What a complete nonce Roeder is.
[/quote]

But he knows sod all about horses either, only interested in the value of them after a race.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Isn''t Soccer AM on Sky 1 now? Which, I''m pretty sure, has an HD alternative...[/quote]Yes, yes it does.So does SkySports 1.But, neither broadcast is in HD despite being on the HD channel.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Isn''t Soccer AM on Sky 1 now? Which, I''m pretty sure, has an HD alternative...
[/quote]

Yes, yes it does.

So does SkySports 1.

But, neither broadcast is in HD despite being on the HD channel.
[/quote]

I prefer the off button alternative

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve just watched the smug git in glorious HD bagging about the race horse he''s bought, hmm, I wonder who chuffing paid for it?[:@][/quote]

[/quote]Err? yes it is, Sky Sports 1 HD!

Check and apologise.[:|]

[/quote]

Er no it isn''t.  Check it out, and the SkySports symbol does not have HD next to it.  Only when it says HD next to the SkySports symbol on the screen (in the top right corner) is it actually broadcast in HD.

Check and apologise....
[/quote]Got through your HD channel listings...........its HD listed.

And I don''t apologise for genuine errors, and never, to little sh*ts like you!

[/quote]

I guarantee you it isn''t in HD.  I don''t care if you don''t apologise to me Wiz, but don''t expect people to apologise to you if you demand it but can''t admit your own genuine mistakes.
[/quote]

Look, your tone when you said I lied implied I had delibretly tried to deceve posters, I didn''t, Sky fitted HD on Wednesday for me, and I went to the HD menu to access Sky Sports1 HD

On checking the normal Sky Sports 1, the picture quality isn''t up to the HD mode.

So now I''m confused..........If I had lied I would and should grovel, but I didn''t, all you had to say was simpley wiz you''re wrong, thats the way to deal with it.

I''ve actually met Glenn Roeder on a few occasions and quite like the guy. He is a little hard to deal with at first, but after a while is a pretty genuine and funny guy. I guess it is easier to judge people you have never met though.It is interesting as a lot of players that worked with him, and a lot of his backroom staff are very loyal to him--can''t be that awful a guy really.

He rattles on about how he''s applied for 5 jobs and got all 5 but he doesn''t mention how many times he''s been given the boot.

I think the best point is being missed here.

Wiz gets ready to watch Soccer AM in glorious HD and thinks to himself  ''Ah, that''s a much better picture, money well spent I think'', only to now find out now it was the same picture quality he had before.

Life is good.

We''re flying high at the top of the league, have a great manager and some cracking players. It looks very likely we''ll be back in the championship next season.

So, why oh why, come on the message board and argue about if one of you watched a show on HD or not? Who cares?

There''s way to many petty arguments on this forum and it spoils it for the rest of us.

Grow up.

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

Wiz gets ready to watch Soccer AM in glorious HD and thinks to himself  ''Ah, that''s a much better picture, money well spent I think'', only to now find out now it was the same picture quality he had before.

[/quote]Except that watching Aston Villa v Wolves in HD proves I was right to get it................for very little extra layout!

And, I''m still saying I was right annyways.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]Except that watching Aston Villa v Wolves in HD proves I was right to get it................for very little extra layout!

[/quote]Don''t know what deal you managed to pull but basic HD packages start from around £29 a month, thats around £10 a month more than the normal package. To me that equates to quite a bit of extra layout - £120 in extra layout a year infact.

Plus - Wiz why do you think watching Villa v Wolves is value for money? You''ll be telling us that you dont usually go to away games cos they clash with Scum homegames next.....

Why is everyone so obsessed with Wiz''s new Sky box? Just because he was unaware that the HD channel weren''t bothering to show something in HD (and his assumption was fair)?Is everyone really so petty and bored that they''re now going to start arguments about all this nonsense?Sorry, I didn''t realise we''d moved on from bullying girls and onto the oldies (no offence, Wiz).  I really must keep up...

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Yellow Rages"]

[/quote]

Don''t know what deal you managed to pull but basic HD packages start from around £29 a month, thats around £10 a month more than the normal package. To me that equates to quite a bit of extra layout - £120 in extra layout a year infact.
[/quote]

I have the full package plus phone line, and HD is costing me an extra £2.50 a week approx, and as I can afford its a little amount to me.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why is everyone so obsessed with Wiz''s new Sky box? Just because he was unaware that the HD channel weren''t bothering to show something in HD (and his assumption was fair)?

Is everyone really so petty and bored that they''re now going to start arguments about all this nonsense?

Sorry, I didn''t realise we''d moved on from bullying girls and onto the oldies (no offence, Wiz).  I really must keep up...
[/quote]I think its because we''re doing well Evil, and there''s nowt to moan about and secondly, because its me..........but hey, if it keeps the dears happy.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve just watched the smug git in glorious HD bagging about the race horse he''s bought, hmm, I wonder who chuffing paid for it?[:@][/quote]

or is it on loan??

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why is everyone so obsessed with Wiz''s new Sky box? Just because he was unaware that the HD channel weren''t bothering to show something in HD (and his assumption was fair)?

Is everyone really so petty and bored that they''re now going to start arguments about all this nonsense?

Sorry, I didn''t realise we''d moved on from bullying girls and onto the oldies (no offence, Wiz).  I really must keep up...
[/quote]

Nobody is obsessed EM were just having a little laugh in the hope that Wiz will see the funny side of which I''m quite sure he is intelligent enough to do so.

Get the picture?....................Has that made it HD clear for you?

[/quote]

Nobody is obsessed EM were just having a little laugh in the hope that Wiz will see the funny side of which I''m quite sure he is intelligent enough to do so.

[/quote]Its okay my end Rages, you carry on, my shoulders are broad, thankfully. 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why is everyone so obsessed with Wiz''s new Sky box? Just because he was unaware that the HD channel weren''t bothering to show something in HD (and his assumption was fair)?Is everyone really so petty and bored that they''re now going to start arguments about all this nonsense?Sorry, I didn''t realise we''d moved on from bullying girls and onto the oldies (no offence, Wiz).  I really must keep up...[/quote]

[/quote]You might have been, YR, but there are some on here for whom ''we''re just having a little laugh'' will become a convenient excuse over the next few hours...

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''ve just watched the smug git in glorious HD bagging about the race horse he''s bought, hmm, I wonder who chuffing paid for it?[:@][/quote]Another lie Wiz?  Soccer AM isn''t broadcast in HD [:P]What a complete nonce Roeder is.[/quote]Err? yes it is, Sky Sports 1 HD!

[/quote]Er no it isn''t.  Check it out, and the SkySports symbol does not have HD next to it.  Only when it says HD next to the SkySports symbol on the screen (in the top right corner) is it actually broadcast in HD.Check and apologise....[/quote]Got through your HD channel listings...........its HD listed.

[/quote]I guarantee you it isn''t in HD.  I don''t care if you don''t apologise to me Wiz, but don''t expect people to apologise to you if you demand it but can''t admit your own genuine mistakes.[/quote]

Look, your tone when you said I lied implied I had delibretly tried to deceve posters, I didn''t, Sky fitted HD on Wednesday for me, and I went to the HD menu to access Sky Sports1 HD

On checking the normal Sky Sports 1, the picture quality isn''t up to the HD mode.

So now I''m confused..........If I had lied I would and should grovel, but I didn''t, all you had to say was simpley wiz you''re wrong, thats the way to deal with it.

[/quote]I think you missed the sticky out tongue Wiz, I was not being serious about you lying, it was simply a joke.  The way you reacted to that, by telling me to check and apologise was the reason it went differently.  You can''t take that tone with me, and then expect it to all be laughs and jokes, and then state you would never apologise to, and I quote, ''little sh*ts like me''.All of the HD channels that are listed on Sky do broadcast HD shows.  But, some of the shows that are broadcast on these channels are not in HD.  When this happens, the HD is dropped from the channel symbol on the screen.  So where you usually see SkySportsHD1 in the top right hand corner, you will instead just see SkySports.  This would have been proven to you when you watched the Villa match.It''s exactly the same on Sky1HD, where the HD part of the symbol is dropped for non HD broadcasts.  Channel 4 HD has a symbol which says 4HD on HD broadcasts, but no symbol at all on SD broadcasts.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Err? yes it is, Sky Sports 1 HD!

[/quote]

Er no it isn''t.  Check it out, and the SkySports symbol does not have HD next to it.  Only when it says HD next to the SkySports symbol on the screen (in the top right corner) is it actually broadcast in HD.

Check and apologise....
[/quote]Got through your HD channel listings...........its HD listed.

[/quote]

I guarantee you it isn''t in HD.  I don''t care if you don''t apologise to me Wiz, but don''t expect people to apologise to you if you demand it but can''t admit your own genuine mistakes.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you missed the sticky out tongue Wiz, I was not being serious about you lying, it was simply a joke.  The way you reacted to that, by telling me to check and apologise was the reason it went differently.  You can''t take that tone with me, and then expect it to all be laughs and jokes, and then state you would never apologise to, and I quote, ''little sh*ts like me''.

All of the HD channels that are listed on Sky do broadcast HD shows.  But, some of the shows that are broadcast on these channels are not in HD.  When this happens, the HD is dropped from the channel symbol on the screen.  So where you usually see SkySportsHD1 in the top right hand corner, you will instead just see SkySports.  This would have been proven to you when you watched the Villa match.

It''s exactly the same on Sky1HD, where the HD part of the symbol is dropped for non HD broadcasts.  Channel 4 HD has a symbol which says 4HD on HD broadcasts, but no symbol at all on SD broadcasts.
[/quote]

Yeah sorted now star, thank for detailed clarification, my mistake then, sorry, cough, splutter, fingers crossed behind back.[:$]

But its only after watching a full match in HD, you spot the obvious differnce.