Sign in to follow this  
Even Peter Griffen likes NCFC

what transfers are we expecting in the summer

We will need a new centre back or two, becuase Nelson and Doherty aren''t Championship level.  So we need back up for Whitbread and Askou.

Possibly centre midfield.  We currently have Smith (who I''m sure can make the step up), Russel (who we know can make the step up), Hughes (who I''m sure can make the step up), Tudor-Jones (I''m confident he could still play a part with us), Gill (won''t be able to step up) and Adeyemi (who I''m unsure can make the step up).  I think we need someone with more quality in this area, perhaps to partner Smith.

A winger.  We have McNamee but whether he will be good enough in the Championship is a big question.  And apart from him we have no other winger.

A striker.  We have Holt, Martin, McDonald and Johnson.  Holt and Martin could step up but I think they are poor Championship players and aren''t exactly going to set the world a light in that league.  McDonald, I think if he got in the team regularly could become a good Championship player but I don''t think he will get enough games.  Oli, probably wont be that good in the Championship.  So we probably need another striker.  Maybe buy Elliott.

Thats where I think needs strenghtening but who to buy, I don''t have a clue!  Hopefully we can keep Forster though.

I think if we can get 4 good players to make the spine of the time (ie. GK, CB, CM, ST) then we can work with what we''ve got and build around those players. Optimistic to have 4 quality signings in the summer but with a few players offloaded/loaned out, wages will be freed up and the increase in TV money and possible windfall from Newcastle and West Broms parachute payments, it starts to look a little more realistic. Also, I think the board are confident enough in Lambert to at least keep us in the Championship that they will back him in any way they can.

I don''t think we''ll see too many changes to the usual starting line up.

Obviously we''ll need a goalkeeper. Hopefully Fraser on loan or permanently.

After that I think the manager is likely to show faith in the players who got us here, for the most part. I don''t think he''ll want to change too many things and disrupt the understanding they''ve built up.

But I''m sure there will be some signings to improve the overall strength of the squad.

[quote user="GJP"]

I don''t think we''ll see too many changes to the usual starting line up.

Obviously we''ll need a goalkeeper. Hopefully Fraser on loan or permanently.

After that I think the manager is likely to show faith in the players who got us here, for the most part. I don''t think he''ll want to change too many things and disrupt the understanding they''ve built up.

But I''m sure there will be some signings to improve the overall strength of the squad.

[/quote]

I have heard whispers of a season long loan on this front!

Goalkeeper:

• We''re not gonna get Forster- Hughton has mde it more than clear how much he admires him and I really can''t iamgine Newcastle letting go of such a hopeful young keeper (especially as harper isn''t getting an younger!) I''d like to see Declan Rudd be given a chance, however failing that I think we should look to somewhere like Stockport Owain Fon Williams is a brilliant young keeper in my opinion, and with the club in such a delicate financial state I''m sure we could get a good deal there!

Defence:

• Right back think is a concern, Martin who was captain at Peterborough for a season or two before departing for Norwich wasn''t really able to deal with the step up, and I can''t really see how his second attempt could be anymore succesful. On top of this I feel his performances can massively vary from match too match- for this reason I think we should be in the market for possibley a slightly older more experienced full back.
  • Centre back not too concerned with, we have four good strong centre backs in the team, and i feel all of them have the potential to cut it in the championship.

Midfield:

• Clever mind at centre mid, someone who isn''t afraid to shoot and someone who can really work it through the centre of midfield and supply the strikers/wingers. At the mo I feel we don''t have any really strong candidate for this type of position with Russell not being the most consistent playerin the world.
  • Right Wing, someone pacy who could really run with the ball. Maybe Matt Philips at Wycombe, Nathan Clyne or Adamoah.

Striker:

• We need someone quick and agile as i don''t feel like we really have anyone like that at the moment (Johnson is hardly ready to make the step up in my opinion) someone like Gary Hooper could be perfect for us here. Failing that Simeon Jackson would makea good addition to the squad.

Lloyd Sam winger - Charlton

Nicky Bailey goalscoring CM - Charlton

we could steal these of Charlton if they don''t get promoted.

Troy Deeney striker - Walsall.

Right Back - ?

Centre Back - ?

Anthony McNamee is unproven in the championship. But you will not know if you don''t try. 

I would personally get rid of Micky Nelson and maybe the Doc, i''m unsure whether Nelson can make the step up.

Russell Martin steady right back but maybe out of his depth in championship.

Hopefully we can get Forster back on loan for the season.

The question is, 4-4-2 or the diamond?

[quote user="Tookie140"]

Lloyd Sam winger - Charlton

Nicky Bailey goalscoring CM - Charlton

we could steal these of Charlton if they don''t get promoted.

Troy Deeney striker - Walsall.

Right Back - ?

Centre Back - ?

Anthony McNamee is unproven in the championship. But you will not know if you don''t try. 

I would personally get rid of Micky Nelson and maybe the Doc, i''m unsure whether Nelson can make the step up.

Russell Martin steady right back but maybe out of his depth in championship.

Hopefully we can get Forster back on loan for the season.

The question is, 4-4-2 or the diamond?

[/quote]

People''s lack of football knowledge gets to me sometimes, maybe its because I''m such a statto or know how to use Wikipedia one of the two.

McNamee played 91 times for Watford, during this time Watford were in the Premierleague and the Championship, so McNamee is ''proven'' at Championship and Premiership level begs the question why he''s in League One though I have to agree.

I think its a must we have to get Forster back, if Newcastle go up, I can see this happening. I think we need to get 2 Premiership loanees and we need to select these and stick with them and not loan another 78 or however many we did last season.

This is all well and good but we''re not up yet are we?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]forster, new RB, cover for LB, proven striker(s), additional CM and left winger.[/quote]Yes lets get another left winger when we already have three, or have you forgotten that Hoolahan, Lappin and Macnamee all are left wingers / midfielders. Why not try buying a right midfielder where we have errr....no one. lovely! I also think three right backs are enough with Martin, Spillane and Francombe. LB maybe, although i have a feeling we will buy Rose in the summer though, meaning we will have 3 left backs on the books in Wiggins, Rose and Drury.I take it scoring more than 20 goals in a season doesn''t make you proven so why not throw away Martin and Holt cause they are clearly not good enough, That fellow Elliot he''s only won the Championship with Sunderland and is a Republic of Ireland international but he''s probably not good enough either so why would we need him! The back up of raw talent in McDonald and Oli Johnson probably wont excite you much then, but i bet you didnt celebrate when Oli scored against Southend cause he''s Unproven. Thanks come again, night! x