Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

OT: Sports Relief

Bringing into NCFC affairs, Nigel Worthington was in the audience during James Corden''s sketch.

Did anyone else see this beauty?

I was in stitches, bloody brilliant. Seeing Kriss Akabusi on my screen again made my night. Flintoff on a pedalo (Sp?) made me die!

If Kauto star didnt mess up today i may well have donated!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]that was the funniest thing ive seen on tv for years! i was crying with laughter watching, great stuff from cordon.[/quote]

Can''t say I am one of his biggest fans, although I didn''t see it.  Didn''t he start off on Holyoaks?

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why? did he save your cat from a tree?[/quote]And my dog. [^o)][/quote]I refuse to believe that any animals were in danger and Grant Holt wasn''t there to save them first...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why? did he save your cat from a tree?[/quote]And my dog. [^o)][/quote]I refuse to believe that any animals were in danger and Grant Holt wasn''t there to save them first...[/quote]It was a joint effort from them both, but i felt the need to ''big up'' James Corden, as i tell Holty that I F*cking love him every week anyway... [(Y)]

Typical pink un posters attitude, i dont think he''s funny therefore he isn''t. Well millions of people in this country, myself included do so he must be doing something right. Gavin and Stacey is one of the best british comedies written in years, FACT!

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Gavin and Stacey is one of the best british comedies written in years, FACT![/quote]Putting "Fact" at the end of an opinion undermines your argument slightly, but never mind.It''s actually a third-rate "Spaced".  In my opinion.

I cant stand that James Corden.

Nothing against this generations comedy...I like peep Show, Curb your Enthusiasm, aswell as the classics like Porridge etc............I just dont get whats so funny about this guy.

Also Jon Culshaw....simple crap IMO....I do a better Prince Charles and Tony Blair...impressionists bore me to tears. He was in the audience the other week when Doris was watching TV and they went to him and he done his little routine of impressions....none of the audiencfe laughed..i kid you not...talk about dying on your arse.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Typical pink un posters attitude, i dont think he''s funny therefore he isn''t. Well millions of people in this country, myself included do so he must be doing something right. Gavin and Stacey is one of the best british comedies written in years, FACT![/quote]

And that sums up what is wrong with British comedy. Corden could not hold a candle to any of the great comedians this country has produced, unfortunately he is in good company at this very time.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]James Corden has managed to stretch his 15 minutes of fame into about 2 years despite being (at best) averagely funny.

[/quote]

Completely agree - since the success of Gavin & Stacey, Cordon has been shoved down our throats and is now massively over-exposed.

Just another fat man who shouts a lot, and people seem to think he''s funny. Weird.

However, I was a big fan of G&S, and think Horne has a  decent ACTING career ahead of him.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]Gavin and Stacey is one of the best british comedies written in years, FACT![/quote]

Putting "Fact" at the end of an opinion undermines your argument slightly, but never mind.

It''s actually a third-rate "Spaced".  In my opinion.

[/quote]

Stats dont lie, the comedy program with the highest veiwing figures over the last few years and prime time xmas specials

Gavin and Stacey was surprisingly good, and James Corden and Ruth Jones were easily the best things in it... presumably because they also wrote it and so gave themselves the best lines!But I wouldn''t even rate it anywhere near the likes of Spaced, Black Books, Partridge, Blackadder, The Thick of It, Peep Show, anything by Chris Morris or Red Dwarf in its prime.  British comedy tends to go for a ''throw enough sh*t'' approach, hence the glut of Only Fools and Horses spin-offs... but when it gets it right, its very good...From the recent crop, I quite like Outnumbered, but maybe that''s because I''m a parent and can see similarities in having little kids running around causing havoc and saying wonderfully random and inappropriate things [:D]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

And that sums up what is wrong with British comedy. Corden could not hold a candle to any of the great comedians this country has produced, unfortunately he is in good company at this very time.

[/quote]

There are plenty of very good British comedians about but unfortunately nobody in TV seems to have the balls to put anything even vaguely controversial on. So we get ''safe'' comedians like Corden and Michael F*cking McIntyre.

If you want decent, ''edgy'' comedy then you have to get on the internet or go and see a live show. I''m off to see Richard Herring at The Playhouse in a couple of weeks. Ten times as funny as the likes of Corden (whose one joke seems to be that he''s fat [:^)]) but only ever seen on TV on panel shows.

Just because the standard of British TV comedy is so poor it doesn''t mean there are no great comics out there.

Yep, Shacks right, tv especially the bbc play it safe with crap like stephen K Amos and Michael McIntyre both terrible stand ups,like shack says you go out and about and you will find some brilliant comediens, but they are deemed a bit of a risk so dont get a break, so we put up with the likes of McIntyre and Amos, and dribble like the crap Nicolas Lyndhurst was in where he was living with his mother in law....absoloute garbage about.