Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Here's a Suggestion Pinkun Site.

Is it possible to show a maximum points league in respect of the current points City have?

You would show all those teams currently able to max over 79 points (9 - I think) in order of their potential maximum score and as City progress and along with others drop points so the mini league will shrink by teams falling by the wayside.

I think this would be an exciting way of counting down the season as the rivals are also playing on weekdays and would put where we are into perspective as the games run out.

Interesting idea. I think some sort of countdown would be cool, until the big finale.Get on it Pete.

Let''s get the Leeds game out of the way First before we do something like that. I am taking nothing for granted but I love our play so far this year. Football It''s a funny ol'' game.

We are the only team to get more than 2 pts per game this season. Looking at the last 8 games only 4 teams get to that and Southampton and Bristol Rovers wont be getting auto promotion.   We are bang on 2 per game.

That only leave millwall - on 2.3 per game - a level they are unlikely to sustain let alone exceed.

So on A worse case scenario with the top 6 rivals getting 2 per game (and millwall keeping their current form at 2.3) that leaves the table looking like

Leeds             91

Millwall          88     (85 at 2 per game)

Charlton         85

Swindon         85

Colchester       83

Huddersfield   79

So probably all we now need is just 7 points to ensure promotion,  or if millwall keep surging 10, from the remaining 9 games.  Even if we implode as badly as leeds we will should still get 11 points from the remaining 9 games.

Its ours to lose, and  given our run in feel its very unlikely that we will not get the points we need,  esp with Lambert pushing us on.

Suddenly I dont really care what Saturdays result is,  I am slowly starting allow myself to look forward to championship football.

Excellent post zipper. Certainly not looking like a nail biting finish using your science.

Agree with other people as well, would be good to see a feature each week showing other teams falling out of title race. Just think how we will feel when there are only a couple of teams left and they can only catch us if we lose every remaining game 5-0 !