Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Lambert's first mistake

The man walks on water for me, look where we are and what he''s done for us fans, he''s given us hope and team of battlers.

It''s a draw, we have 1 point, I would happily have taken a point before the game today. 

It''s all about perspective [:)]

4 points from these last 2 games, everyone wouldve been more than happy with that! The man cant do anything wrong for me, brilliant 3 points at Huddersfield and a point today cant complain! [:)]

*4 points from these last 2 games, everyone wouldve been more than happy with that! The man cant do anything wrong for me, brilliant 3 points at Huddersfield and a point today cant complain!

Lappin off McNamee on was the change I would have made. We sat too deep for the first hour of the game in my opinion and this only got worse after the Substitutions, with Elliot isolated upfront on his own.

Agree that a point''s a decent result, and that Lambert is a god, but surely he can be criticised? Wasn''t at the game, but the OP''s point seems a fair one. Lambert sounded as though he was tearing his hair out at the end as we failed to keep possession.

[quote user="Smudger"]Lappin off McNamee on was the change I would have made. We sat too deep for the first hour of the game in my opinion and this only got worse after the Substitutions, with Elliot isolated upfront on his own.[/quote]Agreed. We didnt get many men in the box, even for our goal it was only Holt in the area.Id probably have put Oli on instead of Elliot purely for his pace, and with Swindon pushing forward. But I cant complain, would have taken a point and thats what we got.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Agree that a point''s a decent result, and that Lambert is a god, but surely he can be criticised? Wasn''t at the game, but the OP''s point seems a fair one. Lambert sounded as though he was tearing his hair out at the end as we failed to keep possession.[/quote]He was tearing his hair out towards the referee certainly. Although the Swindon fans were even more animated.

Yes was bad move because Hughes is not a tackler or someone for a frantic end . mac should have come on as he has been great form and would have loved to have done it in front of club that clearly did not rate him

OP has a good point, from what I heard we should have tried to go at them and get a 2nd.

However as others have said, i''d have taken a point coming into today''s game so I''m not too disgruntled.

[quote user="Lambo"]OP has a good point, from what I heard we should have tried to go at them and get a 2nd.

However as others have said, i''d have taken a point coming into today''s game so I''m not too disgruntled.[/quote]To be honest we had got into a lot of good positions in the last twenty minutes, but without the killer ball or creating a good chance. Infact we barely worked their keeper the entire game. Bringing on an Oli or a McNamee might have helped out, but will never know. Elliot didnt look any good at all, but as he scored twice last week im assuming he is up the pecking order.

[quote user="Docs Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]Should have never took off Lappin for Hughes but should have brought on McNamee to finish off the game. Shouldn''t have allowed us to sit so far deep.[/quote]And they say I''m daft.

Jeez! look at the league table for Gods sake, and just who Swindon have beat.[:@]

[quote user="Doc''s Big Nose at the Heart of the Defence"]Should have never took off Lappin for Hughes but should have brought on McNamee to finish off the game. Shouldn''t have allowed us to sit so far deep

i was there and you are right.

whoever the yawn fella is should shut up.

Just back in the door from the game, bit deflated but that is always going to be the case when you get pegged back in the last minute. The day was a ''gnat''s whisker'' away from an absolute dream of a day...IF Martin''s excellent free kick had been a few inches lower, IF Elliot could have taken his headed chance.

Martin''s substitution was right, but could have stayed on and played more centrally in better goal scoring position, IF Corey Smith had been taken off for Mac.

Really didn''t understand bringing Hughes on and would have considered Olly to run at the Swindon defence. Despite Holt''s great goal, he squandered a lot of good ball today and was too often walking casually back into on-side positions to be his normal troublesome self. We WIN some, we DRAW one...bring on Leeds and our proper kit...never feel confident playing in that awful white kit.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Id probably have put Oli on instead of Elliot purely for his pace,
[/quote]

....Elliot has got more pace than Oli. Oli is skillful but not overly quick.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Id probably have put Oli on instead of Elliot purely for his pace, [/quote]

[/quote]Well I can only go on todays game as thats the first time ive seen Elliot, and I thought he was slow. But If you have seen him more then im happy to be wrong.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Id probably have put Oli on instead of Elliot purely for his pace,
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I can only go on todays game as thats the first time ive seen Elliot, and I thought he was slow. But If you have seen him more then im happy to be wrong.
[/quote]

He''s probably going to be a bit ring rusty as he hasn''t played a lot but he has got a better turn of pace than Oli.

Swindon are one the best teams in this Division particluarly at home!

If Martins free kick would of gone in instead of hitting the bar or elliots chance gone in then we''d of won!

Putting on Mcnamee would of made us more potent going forwrad but also more susceptable to Swindon attacks so I''m not sure about that one!

Yes deflated after losing right at the death but looking at the bigger picture we will rarely play a team as god as Swindon and we''d of all taken 4 from 6 points from the Huddersfield and Swindon games beforehand!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Swindon are one the best teams in this Division particluarly at home!

If Martins free kick would of gone in instead of hitting the bar or elliots chance gone in then we''d of won!

Putting on Mcnamee would of made us more potent going forwrad but also more susceptable to Swindon attacks so I''m not sure about that one!

Yes deflated after losing right at the death but looking at the bigger picture we will rarely play a team as god as Swindon and we''d of all taken 4 from 6 points from the Huddersfield and Swindon games beforehand![/quote]Is it not about time that this myth was buried once and for all?We have only conceded one goal so far (at home to Southend) with McNamee on the pitch!

The only reason this was posted was because we let the late goal in; if we had of won the game nothing would of been said, and if it had of been, it would of been said that Lambert made the right decision.The only reason we let that late goal in was because for once we didn''t pick up all the danger men at set pieces. All game, they never looked like scoring, and it was only in the last 5 mins when they put men forward, that we started to wobble. If Greer had of been marked I wouldn''t be in the middle of typing this, and it certainly had nothing to do with Hughes coming on for Lappin.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Swindon are one the best teams in this Division particluarly at home! If Martins free kick would of gone in instead of hitting the bar or elliots chance gone in then we''d of won! Putting on Mcnamee would of made us more potent going forwrad but also more susceptable to Swindon attacks so I''m not sure about that one! Yes deflated after losing right at the death but looking at the bigger picture we will rarely play a team as god as Swindon and we''d of all taken 4 from 6 points from the Huddersfield and Swindon games beforehand![/quote]

Is it not about time that this myth was buried once and for all?

We have only conceded one goal so far (at home to Southend) with McNamee on the pitch!

[/quote]

Not quite sure what your point is here Smudger.That piece of research regarding McNamee and goals conceded must have been made to prove something.What exactly is this myth doing the rounds that needs to be buried?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Swindon are one the best teams in this Division particluarly at home! If Martins free kick would of gone in instead of hitting the bar or elliots chance gone in then we''d of won! Putting on Mcnamee would of made us more potent going forwrad but also more susceptable to Swindon attacks so I''m not sure about that one! Yes deflated after losing right at the death but looking at the bigger picture we will rarely play a team as god as Swindon and we''d of all taken 4 from 6 points from the Huddersfield and Swindon games beforehand![/quote]Is it not about time that this myth was buried once and for all?We have only conceded one goal so far (at home to Southend) with McNamee on the pitch![/quote]

Not quite sure what your point is here Smudger.That piece of research regarding McNamee and goals conceded must have been made to prove something.What exactly is this myth doing the rounds that needs to be buried?

[/quote]Exactly as it says Tilly... we would be losing NOTHING defensively by having McNamee in the team at the expense of one or two other individuals who have very limeted defensive qualities also.As I have been pointing out for a long time McNamee in the team pushes the oppositions defence and midfield right back and he also does his best to pick up loose balls and win a few tackles.Do you have any reasoning to suggest why we have not conceeded more while McNamee has been on the pitch if his defensive qualities are so poor?

I think we missed a trick not involving McNamee at all. If only for the ''proving a point against your old club'' factor. He was bound to perform well if he got the chance so it''s a shame he didn''t get that chance. He must be pretty annoyed.

[quote user="a1canary"]I think we missed a trick not involving McNamee at all. If only for the ''proving a point against your old club'' factor. He was bound to perform well if he got the chance so it''s a shame he didn''t get that chance. He must be pretty annoyed.[/quote]We saw him walking back to the car in a Swindon shirt!

[quote user="Smudger"]We saw him walking back to the car in a Swindon shirt![/quote]And you didn''t protest? [:^)]