Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Rickie Lambert or Grant Holt?

Rickie Lambert. As awesome as Granty''s been, Rickie has scored more and created more than Granty. However, I''m more than happy with Grant Holt. Been an awesome season for him and I hope he''ll continue firing in the goals.

probably agree with the googler, but haven''t really seen lambert enough to judge his all round game, however we paid 500k for holt, and saints 1mill for lambert...both similar players doing what their paid to do at a similar age, would glady have had lambert but holt is just as good

No question, its Holt all the way.  He''s our player, Lambert is Southampton''s.  Why would we want their players when ours are top of the league?

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Rickie Lambert. As awesome as Granty''s been, Rickie has scored more and created more than Granty. However, I''m more than happy with Grant Holt. Been an awesome season for him and I hope he''ll continue firing in the goals.
[/quote]

Rickie Lambert for class and finesse, Grant Holt for work rate and leadership. Grant Holt for me though as we have Chris Martin for class and finesse.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]Rickie Lambert. As awesome as Granty''s been, Rickie has scored more and created more than Granty. However, I''m more than happy with Grant Holt. Been an awesome season for him and I hope he''ll continue firing in the goals.[/quote]Wrong.Take out spot kicks and Holt has scored more and set up as many (not including today''s assists, if any).

Both just as good I think.  However Lambert would probably be a better Championship player than Holt.

[quote user="IS"][quote user="TheGoogler"]Rickie Lambert. As awesome as Granty''s been, Rickie has scored more and created more than Granty. However, I''m more than happy with Grant Holt. Been an awesome season for him and I hope he''ll continue firing in the goals.
[/quote]

Wrong.

Take out spot kicks and Holt has scored more and set up as many (not including today''s assists, if any).
[/quote]

A goals a goal at the end of the day but Grant Holt is my choice

Lambert is quality at set pieces, still can''t forget that free kick against us, was quality. [:''(]I love Grant Holt and would rather have him, Saints don''t have another goalscoring striker to back up Lambert. Don''t say Barnard, he scored all his goals at Southend, except like 3.Holty [:D]

They already had this debate on here several weeks ago.PS - Barnard actually has 6 League goals in 10 starts and 1 x sub appearance for Southampton.  Lallana also has 11 in the league (14 in all competitions this season), David Connolly and Papa Waigo also have a few each.  http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10280~22985,00.htmlDon''t let facts get in the way of knocking a very good striker in this division though.  You would of been raving about any player who signed for Norwich and scored 6 in 10 starts.Southampton certainly have a strike force which is right up there with ours.  Their defence and the 10 point deduction (both mathematical aspects of and mental aspects) will have cost Southampton a place in the top 3 this season in my book.  I think that it ois only us and maybe Leeds who are a better team than the Saints.

[quote user="Smudger"]They already had this debate on here several weeks ago.PS - Barnard actually has 6 League goals in 10 starts and 1 x sub appearance for Southampton.  Lallana also has 11 in the league (14 in all competitions this season), David Connolly and Papa Waigo also have a few each.  http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10280~22985,00.htmlDon''t let facts get in the way of knocking a very good striker in this division though.  You would of been raving about any player who signed for Norwich and scored 6 in 10 starts.Southampton certainly have a strike force which is right up there with ours.  Their defence and the 10 point deduction (both mathematical aspects of and mental aspects) will have cost Southampton a place in the top 3 this season in my book.  I think that it ois only us and maybe Leeds who are a better team than the Saints.[/quote]

"Don''t let facts get in the way of knocking a very good striker in this division though. " -

brings to mid the expression "Don''t let the truth spoil a good story" - where on this thread, Smudger, has anyone knocked Lambert ?!

[quote user="Baron Tourette"][quote user="Smudger"]They already had this debate on here several weeks ago.PS - Barnard actually has 6 League goals in 10 starts and 1 x sub appearance for Southampton.  Lallana also has 11 in the league (14 in all competitions this season), David Connolly and Papa Waigo also have a few each.  http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10280~22985,00.htmlDon''t let facts get in the way of knocking a very good striker in this division though.  You would of been raving about any player who signed for Norwich and scored 6 in 10 starts.Southampton certainly have a strike force which is right up there with ours.  Their defence and the 10 point deduction (both mathematical aspects of and mental aspects) will have cost Southampton a place in the top 3 this season in my book.  I think that it ois only us and maybe Leeds who are a better team than the Saints.[/quote]

"Don''t let facts get in the way of knocking a very good striker in this division though. " -

brings to mid the expression "Don''t let the truth spoil a good story" - where on this thread, Smudger, has anyone knocked Lambert ?![/quote]Was in response to the utter rubbish that Adam NCFC posted about Lee Barnard mate.Read the post again.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="TheGoogler"]Rickie Lambert. As awesome as Granty''s been, Rickie has scored more and created more than Granty. However, I''m more than happy with Grant Holt. Been an awesome season for him and I hope he''ll continue firing in the goals.[/quote]Wrong.Take out spot kicks and Holt has scored more and set up as many (not including today''s assists, if any).[/quote]

Without wishing to appear to be knocking Lambert ( ! ) how many of his goals have been from open play and how many from pens ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Baron Tourette"][quote user="Smudger"]They already had this debate on here several weeks ago.PS - Barnard actually has 6 League goals in 10 starts and 1 x sub appearance for Southampton.  Lallana also has 11 in the league (14 in all competitions this season), David Connolly and Papa Waigo also have a few each.  http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10280~22985,00.htmlDon''t let facts get in the way of knocking a very good striker in this division though.  You would of been raving about any player who signed for Norwich and scored 6 in 10 starts.Southampton certainly have a strike force which is right up there with ours.  Their defence and the 10 point deduction (both mathematical aspects of and mental aspects) will have cost Southampton a place in the top 3 this season in my book.  I think that it ois only us and maybe Leeds who are a better team than the Saints.[/quote]

brings to mid the expression "Don''t let the truth spoil a good story" - where on this thread, Smudger, has anyone knocked Lambert ?![/quote]Was in response to the utter rubbish that Adam NCFC posted about Lee Barnard mate.Read the post again.[/quote]

Ah, OK, that''s fair enough, I should have read your post more closely. As for Barnard, the fact that he was scoring goals frequently playing for a struggling team reflects well on him rather than otherwise. But there again I probably haven''t read and understood Adam NCFC''s post closely enough !

I am not convinced either are really good enough for the champs;  the fact that lambert was kept quiet at FCR by Doc gives me that doubt.

Both are excellent at this level and have strengths and weaknesses,  but would I swap Holt for Lambert?  Nope.