Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Almost there !

Even if Millwall, Charlton etc win 5 draw 2 lose 2 of their remaining nine games, (which would take some doing) we would only need 2 more wins & a draw to go up !

Now the thing we have to go for is the Championship and Saturdays game is much bigger and more nervy for Leeds than us.

Has anyone else noticed the "crowds" at Middlesborough lately, to have a half time chat with you nearest supporter you will need a mobile phone or be conversant in semaphore.

Our fans put them to shame.

Living in Middlesbrough I have noticed the crowds dropping even at there "so called derby game" with Newcastle they couldnt even fill there ground. Talking to people who used to go they say the the lack of good football since there new manager was appointed has stopped them from going.

To be honest I dont really have much time for Middlesbrough fans and hope the they get every thing they deserve.

Looking at what other teams need round us is good reading as long as we keep doing what we doing i can''t see there been a proplem with us going up.

Yes if keep up the present form we''ll be alright!

I nothing against them and their fans that stick with them whatever but Middlesbrough are just a Preston/Burnley sized club bankrolled by Steve Gibson who attracted a lot of Premiership glory fans along the way.

I bet most people outside of East Anglia following the usual urban myths would consider Middlesbrough a bigger than us which apart from League status and a bigger ground (which they don''t need!), 2 issues the club will be addressing sooner rather than later, they certainly aren''t!

As another northern monkey what has happened to Middlesbrough''s fanbase should be a warning to the Norwich board of how lucky they are and that the 24-25,000 fans shouldn''t be taken for granted. The Boro have gone from 30,000+ a week in their peak down to 15-17,000 and while some of this can be explained by the fall from Premiership status in reality the decline had set in much earlier - under the McLaren era with the style of play. Fans want to see attractive attacking football whereas Mclaren would play 1 striker up front at home against the bottom of the league teams and neither of the two subsequent managers have livened things up. Norwich by contrast for as long as I can remember have always tried to play attractive attacking football (not always successfully in recent times), the only way the game should be played. The one glaring exception being Glen Roeder...Russel up front alone, Lita up front alone, and then the Huckerby fiasco: getting rid of the most exciting player we''ve had in more than a decade. The man nearly detroyed this club and would have surely destroyed the fanbase with it. Anyway as for whose a bigger club without doubt it''s currently Middlesbrough...a higher division, more successful in Europe, more successful in domestic cup competition etc ... but next season (provided we get promoted) that counts for nothing. Enjoy your trip to the Riverside but wrap up warm against those North Sea breezes.

Some very good good points there are some middlesbrough that i will sit and talk to as they are there every week to watch a load of rubbish ( thats from what they tell me) and iv got respect for that as I know what it is like to do it with the last 5 years we have had.

Myself going on that we do go up I cant wait for my trip to the Riverside now they have given a full stand to the away support we will get a good few tickets. Just hope we play abit better than we did last time when we got beat 2-0 in our prem year.

As for the north sea breezes I dont think there is anyrhing better all more reason to sing that little bit louder to get warmed up.

Calcio_canario where about up north are you ?

NE Canary ... I work in the Boro but live a few miles out. Can''t imagine that we''d need the full away end at the Riverside though, it''s a long trip from Norfolk... though the new Temenos sculpture and Mima art gallery may attract a few extra up for a weekend of football and culture! But looking forward to creating an atmosphere at the Riverside ...still remember fondly the ''more noise in the library chants'' from the last premiership visit, much more fondly than the game. To get beat by Boro two nil was bad enough but to concede two goals to Joseph Desiree ''barn door'' Job was beyond a joke.

Yeah I live just outside Boro in Stockton just up the road. Yeah think thats the only attraction that boro has at min unless you want to include the transporter bridge with that. But would love to see us fill the end all the same.

More than anything thats what i got stick for off all my mates that i went with not that they beat us 2-0 but Job scored both of of them and come to think of it they were about the only 2 goals i can remember him scoring.