Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

[quote user="Kathy"]Not that he will take a blind bit of notice of what a woman says, but Wigan to beat Burnley for me please.[/quote]

Yes you are right i shall not touch this with a barge pole Kathy.

Thanks everybody for your good wishes and a special thankyou to Nutty for bigging me up in his introduction to this weeks thread.I have studied Corals online both at home and abroad.The pen and paper approach has also come in handy and i have kept a careful watch on all the 90+% pickers.

Now the 2 games that jump out at you are ARSENAL to win at home to West Ham and REAL MADRID to win at home against Sporting Dijon so i will go with those 2 for starters.

I am going with a couple of non league fixtures,firstly the FA Trophy second leg STEVENAGE who are already 5-1 from the first leg at home to Kidderminster and the Blue Square fixture with a home win for CHELMSFORD v Weymouth.

Finally up to Jockland with wins for CELTIC and EAST STIRLING v St Johnstone and Montrose respectively.

So Nutty the smart money is on wins for ARSENAL,REAL MADRID,STEVENAGE,CHELMSFORD,CELTIC and EAST STIRLING.

My pick for this week is REAL MADRID.

So fingers crossed and thanks for the opportunity.

Thank you and well done Tilly. Every week I am amazed at the work the final selector puts in trying to get us another win and this is no exception. These all look good to me and I think you have an outstanding chance of adding to our total raised for the academy and taking it passed the £800 mark.

The Chelmsford selection is interesting as it seems most bookies are not offering odds. But Stan James are trading at 1/6 so I''ll take that to Billy in the morning and see what he can do for us.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Thank you and well done Tilly. Every week I am amazed at the work the final selector puts in trying to get us another win and this is no exception. These all look good to me and I think you have an outstanding chance of adding to our total raised for the academy and taking it passed the £800 mark.

The Chelmsford selection is interesting as it seems most bookies are not offering odds. But Stan James are trading at 1/6 so I''ll take that to Billy in the morning and see what he can do for us.

[/quote]

Corals online are giving Chelmsford 1/7.

If you have a problem choice No. 7 would be AJAX to win away at RKC Waalwijk.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Corals online are giving Chelmsford 1/7.

If you have a problem choice No. 7 would be AJAX to win away at RKC Waalwijk.

[/quote]

No there won''t be a problem. I was ok once I found the price and I''m sure Billy will be too. It''s just that Billy doesn''t "do puters" so I have to make sure I''m armed with a price when I call. Strange that so many bookies have chickened out of this game and yet the two who have priced it up went 1/6 & 1/7. Real Madrid are shorter than that this week!

Good morning Pups… The bet is on with Dixmar Racing, so thanks to our good friends Tilly and Billy Dixon we have...

2/9

Arsenal

1/7

Real Madrid

8/13

Stevenage

1/6

Chelmsford

1/4

Celtic

7/10

East Stirling

Which will win for the Academy £45.94p. As always I ran the same bet through one of the big bookies and the return would only be £35.09. So that just goes to show why we should bet with Billy. So don’t forget that the best odds on all the weekend football are available to each and every one of us so if you are doing a line today or even fancy these give Billy a ring!

Thanks again Tilly. All we need now is that little bit of luck that has deserted us for a while. And we got really good odds from Billy too.[Y]

So now it’s "game on". Celtic, Chelmsford, East Stirling and Stevenage all kick off at 3pm followed by Arsenal at 5:30 and Real Madrid at 8pm. If all goes to plan we will be celebrating before Match Of The Day[B][B][B]

Good luck everyone[:)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]EAst Stirling are losing 2-0.......
[/quote]

Losing 1-3 now.

Got another back, cmon East Stirling

East Stirling 2-3 Montrose: Stevenson (82 pen)

Sorry I''m late this week PUPs. A disappointing end to today''s match but a point is better than nothing I guess...

Anyway, I''m going to go for ARSENAL to make mincemeat of West Ham at the Emirates this evening - HOME WIN.

DD=L

P.S. I met Darren Huckerby last night - what a legend and a proper gent.

Celtic won, Chelmsford won, but unfortunately Stevenage drew and East Stirling lost. The Gods weren''t with the free bet today. Unlucky Tilly but it was a brave effort and that next win is surely just around the corner.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Not that he will take a blind bit of notice of what a woman says, but Wigan to beat Burnley for me please.[/quote]

Yes you are right i shall not touch this with a barge pole Kathy.

[/quote]

.......frantically searches for ''smug'' post icon..........

Sorry guys and gals but Tilly''s best shot was not good enough.Thanks Nutty and good luck to next week''s picker.At least my pick REAL MADRID won so on a personal basis i am hanging on in there in joint second spot in the league table.

Whereabouts are you Kathy?.....frantically searches for ''smug'' post icon.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Sorry guys and gals but Tilly''s best shot was not good enough.Thanks Nutty and good luck to next week''s picker.At least my pick REAL MADRID won so on a personal basis i am hanging on in there in joint second spot in the league table.

Whereabouts are you Kathy?.....frantically searches for ''smug'' post icon.

[/quote]

I''m still in with a chance of a play off spot.

No sorrys on here Tilly. It was a good effort but it wasn''t meant to be.

We will take it on the chin and come back fighting next week when we need to be at our very best to find some ammunition for our great friend Yankee.

In the end this proved to be quite a difficult week. 54 PUPs selected with 44 correct naps (81%). This was heavily influenced by 23 PUPs selecting Arsenal and Real Madrid. As I always say, this is a good thing and we had both them in our final selections. But the proof of the difficulty of the week is in the fact that we provided Tilly with 24 different selections of which only 16 (67%) won. On a week like that it’s just a matter of picking the right 4 to go with the bankers and that’s where we need that little bit of luck that has deserted us for the time being. I hope you still enjoyed your week in charge Tilly.

There was no change at the top of our league as Mr Bump and the chasing pack all napped correctly so here is the latest PUPs League showing those with over 50% correct from at least 50% of the available weeks.

Mr. Bump 32-33 97
Beauseant 31-33 94
Fonejacker 31-33 94
Til 1010 31-33 94
Delia''s Devonshire.. 30-32 94
Graham Humphrey 30-33 91
Scooby 27-30 90
NCFC_Shaun 19-21 90
NCFCStar 29-33 88
Obiwancanary 27-31 87
Cityangel 28-33 85
Mister Chops 28-33 85