Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

This board is becoming totally crap

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]LOL @ bbb getting his Big Girl''s Knickers in a twist.[/quote]

I''d own up if I were you Furioso. The copyright police are only just behind those climate police in their stick-to-it- iveness and their commitment to the cause. Rightly so in my view.

Now own up little Mustachio - the 40 points are not your creation are they?

OTBC

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Myths, misunderstandings and unadulterated bullsh*t... the sheer amount of inaccuracies spouted on this thread (occasionally from both sides of the climate debate) is truly staggering.  I could personally refute or explain a large number of Mustachio''s list of climate points, but I really can''t.[/quote]

Oh go on... You know you want to.

[/quote]Oh I truly do... however, this goes some way to answering some of them, particularly the final paragraph in relation to the comments about observed temperature... unless of course they''ve gone and put those pesky satellites next to a heating duct, too...?http://climate.nasa.gov/NasaRole/

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Myths, misunderstandings and unadulterated bullsh*t... the sheer amount of inaccuracies spouted on this thread (occasionally from both sides of the climate debate) is truly staggering.  I could personally refute or explain a large number of Mustachio''s list of climate points, but I really can''t.

[/quote]

Oh go on... You know you want to.

[/quote]
Oh I truly do... however, this goes some way to answering some of them, particularly the final paragraph in relation to the comments about observed temperature... unless of course they''ve gone and put those pesky satellites next to a heating duct, too...?

http://climate.nasa.gov/NasaRole/
[/quote]

An American Govt document justifying Billions of space expenditure. Interesting!

All those space stations and Still they can''t get an accurate 5 day forecast never mind 5/50 years.

Evidence that it''s all happened before, amazing

Would feel happier if there was not "certain" companies making Billions out of the theories.

Ah yes, the classic conspiracy argument.  It''s all to do with various individuals and organisations and governments trying to spin a bit of money out of us, classic! (that''s not to say that there aren''t people profiteering from it, but that''s a symptom, not the cause)Of course, its not like any large oil or gas or coal or other fossil-fuel based industries have any vested interest in all of this... I mean, it''s not like they''re actively funding lobbyists and anti-climate change ''science'', or anything... can''t imagine that any of these bloggers who post stuff on the internet would have any backing, or anything....Hmmm.... so many conspiracy theories, it makes you wonder.....[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2wciah2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Ah yes, the classic conspiracy argument.  It''s all to do with various individuals and organisations and governments trying to spin a bit of money out of us, classic! (that''s not to say that there aren''t people profiteering from it, but that''s a symptom, not the cause)

Of course, its not like any large oil or gas or coal or other fossil-fuel based industries have any vested interest in all of this... I mean, it''s not like they''re actively funding lobbyists and anti-climate change ''science'', or anything... can''t imagine that any of these bloggers who post stuff on the internet would have any backing, or anything....

Hmmm.... so many conspiracy theories, it makes you wonder.....

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2wciah2.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Just because I''m paranoid doesn''t mean the bastards aren''t out to get me!!

In essence I don''t believe any of them. Less hype and more provable facts on both sides would help.

[quote user="The Butler"]Less hype and more provable facts on both sides would help.[/quote]On that we can definitely both agree! [Y]Hence my point, way back when, that politics and the media (and lobby groups and businesses and charities and internet message boards and bloggers and hippies and celebrities) should stay out of the whole thing and just let science get on with it, unpressured, and able to form its own empirical findings based on the evidence gathered using the most acceptable and accepted methodology (critically reviewed by peers with similar areas of research who may or may not have other ideas).This is, of course, happening, all across the world, but those findings are being manipulated and clouded by those with agendas, some of whom are ending up destroying the credibility of the science they''re trying to promote.