Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

This board is becoming totally crap

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Depraved"]

They did this because they can see yet another way to screw more tax out of us, simples. 113.9p a litre of fuel at Adsa (usually the cheapest) . They have turned fuel duty into a poll tax 80p a litre to their coffers...... but no, this is due to global warming.

Just amazes me that our government expects this little island to pay for the worlds polution.

[/quote]
I don''t recall anyone in Government stating that the high fuel prices are down to climate change? I think they''ve been rather open and honest about the fact that they''re robbing b*stards who are bleeding us dry?
[/quote]

They don''t like to talk about how much they tax us, please don''t insult our intelligence by thinking they don''t use Green issues to squeeze more cash out of us.

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1170092/How-Labours-soaring-green-taxes-cost-741-year.html

Enjoy

Oh no, not at all.  The Daily Mail is the last bastion of hope for the British media, imo.  I''m glad people form their environmental ideals from such a valuable and trusted source.  Much better than all that pesky science malarkey, which has a tendency to inconveniently get in the way of such debates.Similarly, I''m using The Sun to form my political opinions in the forthcoming elections... [Y]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Get onto the ''it''s not just football'' board and have a gander at some of the political threads, fairly entertaining reading the arguments![/quote]I frequent many of those threads and have participated in several discussions - quite enlightening at times

[quote user="Depraved"]

They did this because they can see yet another way to screw more tax out of us, simples. 113.9p a litre of fuel at Adsa (usually the cheapest) . They have turned fuel duty into a poll tax 80p a litre to their coffers...... but no, this is due to global warming.

Just amazes me that our government expects this little island to pay for the worlds polution.

[/quote]

It''s the hidden costs that they are trying to justify by blaming it on "man made" Climate Change. The extra taxes that are "needed" to assist third worlders protect their fishing and crops from the hurricanes, floods, droughts, etc. that "we" have caused by heating our homes and using our cars. Seems a shame that this Government can''t find a few million out of all the billions they give in third world aid to shore up the flood defences around this county though...

[quote user="Alan Brazils cocksucker"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

I don''t have to justify myself.

[/quote]

Oh, but you should, Mustachio!

It might just be your first post of any note or value.

Or maybe not.

[/quote]

I''m sorry, who are you?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Seems a shame that this Government can''t find a few million out of all the billions they give in third world aid to shore up the flood defences around this county though...[/quote]Although I couldn''t find more recent figures, in 2007 the Environment Agency was allocated a budget of £750m... seems a bit more than a ''few million'' to me...http://www.politics.co.uk/news/housing-and-planning/benn-boosts-flood-defence-budget-$475596.htm

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Seems a shame that this Government can''t find a few million out of all the billions they give in third world aid to shore up the flood defences around this county though...[/quote]
Although I couldn''t find more recent figures, in 2007 the Environment Agency was allocated a budget of £750m... seems a bit more than a ''few million'' to me...

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/housing-and-planning/benn-boosts-flood-defence-budget-$475596.htm
[/quote]

35p of it found it''s way to the Norfolk coast to buy a stick of rock to shore up the sea defences at Happisburgh!

I must say that I wonder if Bury thought in his wildest dreams that his rant last night (after a few delicious pints in the Old Cannon I assume) would lead to a discussion on the sea defences in Happisburgh!.

Well done Bury. A fine effort.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Was it mint or aniseed flavoured rock? Just wondered which flavour proved to be the stronger [;)][/quote]Research would suggest that aniseed is stronger than mint... I know, I read about it in the Daily Sport...

Aerial view of the beach behind Cliff House, Beach Road, Happisburgh If one of these gaffs teetering on the edge of the Norfolk coast was a weekend retreat for ''Lord?'' Weasel features Mandelson, Tony (oil dosh) Blair - or our blundering PM Brown.....There would be a construction to protect that area of coast - akin to the Great Wall of China...

When our senior politicians are driven around in gee whiz cars......maybe the gullible masses will think that there is something in this green issue....  

We can all link to publications that support our own particular viewpoint:http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/contents.htmlhttp://unfccc.int/essential_background/feeling_the_heat/items/2904.phphttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Climate-Cover-Up-Crusade-Global-Warming/dp/1553654854... and I could post many, many more. Does the fact that the vast majority of scientists all agree that the world''s climate is rapidly changing and human activity is the cause not register with you?

No it doesn''t nuff said because the vast majority of scientists who form these opinions are government based. Most independent ones have a pretty split decision. I bet they don''t mention that in the heart bleeder Bible they call the Guardian..?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]We can all link to publications that support our own particular viewpoint:http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/contents.htmlhttp://unfccc.int/essential_background/feeling_the_heat/items/2904.phphttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Climate-Cover-Up-Crusade-Global-Warming/dp/1553654854... and I could post many, many more. Does the fact that the vast majority of scientists all agree that the world''s climate is rapidly changing and human activity is the cause not register with you?[/quote]If the vast majority of scientists are paid very well to find evidence of "global warming that we''re all responsible for", then they''ll be very thorough I would imagine.  The trouble with most scientists (and lawyers for that matter) these days is that they follow the money.  You can create a model to prove most things if you''re paid very well to do so.Mars warming trend hints at non-human cause of warming on earth

I guess this bloke was funded by the "other lot" then - or could it be

that the warming is caused by that gigantic nuclear

furnace
that sits only 92 million miles away from us ?  Now let me think - cars, aerosols and cow farts, or gigantic nuclear furnace ?  It''s a toughie...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]We can all link to publications that support our own particular viewpoint:

http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/contents.html

http://unfccc.int/essential_background/feeling_the_heat/items/2904.php

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Climate-Cover-Up-Crusade-Global-Warming/dp/1553654854

... and I could post many, many more. Does the fact that the vast majority of scientists all agree that the world''s climate is rapidly changing and human activity is the cause not register with you?
[/quote]

If the vast majority of scientists are paid very well to find evidence of "global warming that we''re all responsible for", then they''ll be very thorough I would imagine.  The trouble with most scientists (and lawyers for that matter) these days is that they follow the money.  You can create a model to prove most things if you''re paid very well to do so.

Mars warming trend hints at non-human cause of warming on earth

I guess this bloke was funded by the "other lot" then - or could it be that the warming is caused by that gigantic nuclear furnace that sits only 92 million miles away from us ?  Now let me think - cars, aerosols and cow farts, or gigantic nuclear furnace ?  It''s a toughie...
[/quote]

I am getting VERY worried that over the last week I have started to agree with your opinions.

Is there a known cure for this type of insanity?[:D]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]We can all link to publications that support our own particular viewpoint:

http://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/contents.html

http://unfccc.int/essential_background/feeling_the_heat/items/2904.php

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Climate-Cover-Up-Crusade-Global-Warming/dp/1553654854

... and I could post many, many more. Does the fact that the vast majority of scientists all agree that the world''s climate is rapidly changing and human activity is the cause not register with you?
[/quote]

There is a possibility that any unusual weather patterns are simply being caused by the earth wobbling from one side to the other due to the significant weight gain of humans in some quarters. In this regard, Nuff Said, I must say we have a significant problem in the United States and, from what I understand, the UK is doing its best to catch up. Perhaps you can make your own contribution to combat this issue by removing the McDonalds sign from your avatar. [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]could it be

that the warming is caused by that gigantic nuclear

furnace
that sits only 92 million miles away from us ?  Now let me think - cars, aerosols and cow farts, or gigantic nuclear furnace ?  It''s a toughie...[/quote]Why on earth do you think you know more about it than trained climatologists? You''d rather belive that scientists make stuff up to secure grant money and back that solid argument with a some Daily Mail style tosh. Throw in some childish conspiricy theories about governments trying to steal more of our money, free thinkers seeing more than the naive etc etc but the bottom line is it that like so many others, the solution means you have to do something

that is annoying or expensive so you just don''t want to belive it.  End of.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

could it be that the warming is caused by that gigantic nuclear furnace that sits only 92 million miles away from us ?  Now let me think - cars, aerosols and cow farts, or gigantic nuclear furnace ?  It''s a toughie...
[/quote]

Why on earth do you think you know more about it than trained climatologists? You''d rather belive that scientists make stuff up to secure grant money and back that solid argument with a some Daily Mail style tosh. Throw in some childish conspiricy theories about governments trying to steal more of our money, free thinkers seeing more than the naive etc etc but the bottom line is it that like so many others, the solution means you have to do something that is annoying or expensive so you just don''t want to belive it.  End of.

[/quote]

You mean the experts who have been proved both inacurate and missleading on many counts.

Global warming to climate change because it became to obvious.

Statements disproved by people living in Canada etc.

There has always been cyclical changes in climate over the life of this planet but us laymen are not supposed to know that are we.

There may be some truth in their statements but they are doing a VERY good job in making themselves look stupid without any outside help.

Increasing taxation does not help just lines the Govt pockets yet again. The money taken does not go to any known "climate change" program.

I often wonder about all this. But I''m afraid to say, despite it showing me up as a bit of a thicko, I don''t have the attention span or interest to read all the articles to form an informed opinion. So all I have is my uninformed opinion which is that over the years I haven''t noticed much difference in the climate. Some years are warm and some are cold. Some are wet and some dry. Some we get snow and some we don''t. My wild plum tree has blossomed as early as February but this year it hasn''t blossomed yet. The later it blossoms the more fruit we get. Last year was bumper but the year before hardly any. There seems no pattern to any of it.

OK, I know, I''m thick and should stick to football

Or maybe not even that....

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I often wonder about all this. But I''m afraid to say, despite it showing me up as a bit of a thicko, I don''t have the attention span or interest to read all the articles to form an informed opinion. So all I have is my uninformed opinion which is that over the years I haven''t noticed much difference in the climate. Some years are warm and some are cold. Some are wet and some dry. Some we get snow and some we don''t. My wild plum tree has blossomed as early as February but this year it hasn''t blossomed yet. The later it blossoms the more fruit we get. Last year was bumper but the year before hardly any. There seems no pattern to any of it.

[;)]

Perhaps now all is revealed. Nigel Worthington had a "plum" job in Norwich. [:D]

[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

Ahhh............democracy, democracy, democracy. It''s a hard row to hoe.

Some people even think that others shouldn''t get health care because they don''t have enough money. Well done Barack Obama; the first step is always the most difficult.

Now maybe we can get ahead in the UK and forge a hung parliament - the best type!

Global warming? Boring.

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]No it doesn''t nuff said because the vast majority of scientists who form these opinions are government based. Most independent ones have a pretty split decision.[/quote]

Hi there.

I thought the intergovernmental panel''s reports on the physical evidence for CC are carried out by a working group of expert scientists, with no government influence on their selection allowed, and their reports are based on the complete range of relevant peer-reviewed science carried out by independent institutes and universities as well as government-funded centres - and the physical evidence report (which pretty much says what Nuff Said said) isn''t touched by the governments?

That''s a new one on me to hear it may be otherwise, and I follow this subject very closely.

The rightwing newspapers and political campaigners would have a field day if they found out there was any hint of political tinkering or selective reviewing in the IPCC ''physical evidence'' process. It would blow the "UEA emails" nonsense out of the water in impact. So far, not a peep!

Hence my scepticism about this claim. Are you sure?

Goin'' up, up, up