Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Rose man of the match today

Just exiting the dustbin known as Swindon. Shame to concede the late equaliser, but Swindon did deserve a point today.

I know that some of you may knock me for this but I believe that Rose was man of the match today. Got forwards well on several occasions and delivered s brilliant cross for Holty''s goal. He was also strong in the tackle and was one of the few who ran and ran for 90 mins.

[quote user="Smudger"]Just exiting the dustbin known as Swindon. Shame to concede the late equaliser, but Swindon did deserve a point today. I know that some of you may knock me for this but I believe that Rose was man of the match today. Got forwards well on several occasions and delivered s brilliant cross for Holty''s goal. He was also strong in the tackle and was one of the few who ran and ran for 90 mins.[/quote]

He sounded good on Radio Norfolk Smudge. It also sounded like Lmabert was going mental that we we conceded so much ground and possession to them towards the end instead of trying to kill the game off.

He seems to have got a little better of late, he knows that Drury will be back soon. Still don''t think he has enough for higher leagues.

Spot on Smudger, I thought he was man of the match too. Brilliant cross for the goal, robust in the challenges and competent elsewhere.

Swindon were well worth their point, a shame in one way it came so late, but then if it had been 10 min earlier we might have left with nothing. Thought there centre halves were good, is that typical of Holt to drift that wide?

Not too impressed by Elliot today, didn''t show down the channels enough for me when we needed it, to relieve some pressure.

Good point in the long run I think.

Ha, the bloke next to me was so aggressive towards Rose you would think he has murdered his family.Thought he did well. My MOTM would have been Forster probably, but I dont think anyone especially stood out.

Didn`t see or hear the game today unfortunately, I would be delighted if Rose played well, I have not been impressed with him and have felt we looked vunerable to attacks down our left, he does put in good balls but I have felt defensively he is beaten too often, great news if he played well. 

So many players have come to us over recent years and failled, then gone on to do better elsewhere, Norwich almost seemed like a curse, but our man Lambert has changed this around. We will all have our views of  who should be selected to play, what subs should be made and when, quite legitimate discussion and critisism, but the one underlaying strengh we have is that at last we have a manager who can manage men, get the good players playing at the top of their  game and even getting average players believing in themselves and performing.  What a hero!

[quote user="Smudger"]Just exiting the dustbin known as Swindon. Shame to concede the late equaliser, but Swindon did deserve a point today. I know that some of you may knock me for this but I believe that Rose was man of the match today. Got forwards well on several occasions and delivered s brilliant cross for Holty''s goal. He was also strong in the tackle and was one of the few who ran and ran for 90 mins.[/quote]

I thought Rose had a poor first half but an excellent second half. For me the clear MOTM was undoubtedly Forster. Still an excellent 4 points from 2 very difficult away matches.

no one answerd me but if he''s in his early twenty''s i think he would be worth buying... He''s likely to get fitter training with us than he has been before. he''s good at getting forward and tho''s throws can be a handy weapon...

"It''s only my opinion no one answerd me but if he''s in his early twenty''s i think he would be worth buying... He''s likely to get fitter training with us than he has been before. he''s good at getting forward and tho''s throws can be a handy weapon..."Just use Google, Wikipedia, the NCFC site etc.But to answer, he is 27 according to Wiki.Didnt realize he was a Man United trainee..

Pleased to hear it, think he''s a decent enough player on his day, No Drury but a handy squad member to have.

Just got back, what a dump Swindon is. Was greeted at the County Ground by mouthly kids shouting at passing away fans "top of the league you''re ''aving a laugh''. Thought Rose and Nelson were poor first half, Rose improved 2nd half. Elliott looked lively when he finally came on. Martin hit the bar... and that''s about it. Korey Smith looked nervous throughout. Holt was on the virge of a red flying in with challenges. Thought Swindon looked decent. Particularly their goalscoring midfielder who bossed the middle from moment 1. Forster made two outstanding saves also at the end and both sides made plenty of unforced errors throughout. My Norwich MOM would have been Holt.

Rose sounded good on the radio but it sounded like he kept losing possesion towards the end by hoofing it down the line and going out of play when there was an easier ball on.  Also sounded like Elliott missed a sitter.

The whole back 5 played well & were largly untroubled throughout the 90 mins - bar the last corner.

Forster though did have to make a couple of wonder saves at the end & he woud get my MOM.

Russell played well, Wes was tricky, Holt usual nightmare to defend against.

Martin (bar the free kick) didn''t offer much, Lappin & Smith had off games.

In summary a good point gained against a pretty decent outfit.

Dont remember Elliot missing a sitter, he had a back post header towards the end but would have been tough to keep down and it ended up over the bar.Yeah the only criticism of Rose is he was too eager to lump it down the line rather than looking for the pass. But as mentioned the bloke next to me was so passionately against Rose

every tiny mistake was pointed out to me, accompanied with the sort of

language that would make the people of Waccoe look like Poet Laureates. Defensively he was solid though, and the ball for the goal was what it is known as a ''Strikers dream''.

On radio norfolk they made it sound like Elliott missed a sitter and by their description and your description we are talking about the same chance.  They said he definately should have burried it.

I dont think so, it was quite a high cross, he got a good jump in but couldn''t keep it down. It was also from a very narrow angle (Right at the back post, near to the goalline), so even if he could have kept it down it would have taken a good finish.But ill wait for others to agree or disagree.

was never a sitter, we were stood right by it. The ball was at such a bad angle to him, i''m surprised he managed to get his head to it at all.

The criticism of Rose lumping it down the line is a bit harsh in my opinion. Playing the diamond there is not always enough width in midfield. This requires the front men to work the channels a bit more, and Elliott wasn''t doing enough of this for me.

The chance he got, was by no means a sitter, he was about 10-12 yds out, in line with the front post, the ball came from the left and he tried to head it with power at the goal. Very difficult to do, but he made a pigs ear of it and it went nearer the corner flag.

I''d like to see Drury back as soon as possible, BUT...I dont see how on his performance today that Lambert could drop him.

[quote user="Europe_93"]The criticism of Rose lumping it down the line is a bit harsh in my opinion. Playing the diamond there is not always enough width in midfield. This requires the front men to work the channels a bit more, and Elliott wasn''t doing enough of this for me.

The chance he got, was by no means a sitter, he was about 10-12 yds out, in line with the front post, the ball came from the left and he tried to head it with power at the goal. Very difficult to do, but he made a pigs ear of it and it went nearer the corner flag.[/quote]Think we must be talking about different chances, the only one I remember of Elliots is the one that went over the bar from close range.

How can anybody possibly give Forster man of the match when he was spectating for the first 75 mins or so?Honestly some peoples appraisals have me in stitches.  I believe they were claiming he was World Class on Radio Norfolk earlier this evening?  Have they tried taking a look at what league he is currenlty plying his trade in??? [:$]Rose was solid in defence for 90 mins and during the 2nd half got up the pitch where Lappin should of been and shown him how you deliver a dangerous cross in to the box.  Holt could harldy of missed from such a pinpoint cross whipped in with such pace and accuracy.  It was almost a gift for him!As forElliot''s miss, in my opinion he should of done better and of at least hit the target and made the keeper work a little.  Although it was not an easy header and far from a sitter - even if Eliiot had of got his effort on target it would of taken something pretty special to beat Swindon''s keeper.

Another player who was far better than both Forster and Holt was Darel Russell (who seemed that he was working the midfield on his own for the majority of the match).  This is where we lost/drew the game - sitting far too deep and not attempting to win anywhere near enough ball in midfield.Korey was poor and it was another game where Lappin was almost anonymous - sitting so deep that they may as well of played him full back apart from his obvious lack of ball winning skills.  No wonder Rose had a little spat with Lappin last week.

While we have Nelson & Doherty at the heart of our defence we will always be likely to sit too deep. It will be different next season, but its getting consistent results in this league.

[quote user="Smudger"]How can anybody possibly give Forster man of the match when he was spectating for the first 75 mins or so?

Honestly some peoples appraisals have me in stitches.  I believe they were claiming he was World Class on Radio Norfolk earlier this evening?  Have they tried taking a look at what league he is currenlty plying his trade in??? [:$]

Rose was solid in defence for 90 mins and during the 2nd half got up the pitch where Lappin should of been and shown him how you deliver a dangerous cross in to the box.  Holt could harldy of missed from such a pinpoint cross whipped in with such pace and accuracy.  It was almost a gift for him!

As forElliot''s miss, in my opinion he should of done better and of at least hit the target and made the keeper work a little.  Although it was not an easy header and far from a sitter - even if Eliiot had of got his effort on target it would of taken something pretty special to beat Swindon''s keeper.
[/quote]

Regarding Forster, they commented on one of his saves and said it was world class. IE as good a save as any international goalkeeper would make. They did not ever say his performance was world class.

[quote user="Smudger"]Another player who was far better than both Forster and Holt was Darel Russell (who seemed that he was working the midfield on his own for the majority of the match).  This is where we lost/drew the game - sitting far too deep and not attempting to win anywhere near enough ball in midfield.Korey was poor and it was another game where Lappin was almost anonymous - sitting so deep that they may as well of played him full back apart from his obvious lack of ball winning skills.  No wonder Rose had a little spat with Lappin last week.[/quote]Rusty had a cracking first half, but in the second stopped doing what he had done well earlier, ie carrying the ball up the pitch at distributing it. Rose was good but I thought Russel Martin was the better of the two full backs. Lappin and Smith were both poor.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Smudger"]Another player who was far better than both Forster and Holt was Darel Russell (who seemed that he was working the midfield on his own for the majority of the match).  This is where we lost/drew the game - sitting far too deep and not attempting to win anywhere near enough ball in midfield.Korey was poor and it was another game where Lappin was almost anonymous - sitting so deep that they may as well of played him full back apart from his obvious lack of ball winning skills.  No wonder Rose had a little spat with Lappin last week.[/quote]Rusty had a cracking first half, but in the second stopped doing what he had done well earlier, ie carrying the ball up the pitch at distributing it. Rose was good but I thought Russel Martin was the better of the two full backs. Lappin and Smith were both poor.[/quote]I thought Russel Martin was poor with Noube or whatever he is called beating him easily at least 3 or 4 times in the first half.  He improved for much of the 2nd half but his performance levels dropped again over the last 10 mins or so.

"How can anybody possibly give Forster man of the match when he was spectating for the first 75 mins or so?"One good save in first half but not much else, claimed all his crosses easily.One very good save low down at start of the second half, neat save and a smart push-out from the late free-kick, brilliant save that led to their final corner. Not a world-class performance, but dont think anyone especially stood out today.As for Rose, yes he did well, but im sure if you swapped his performance for Lappins you would be lamenting all his misplaced passes and focusing on all the negatives rather than the positives (Although not defending Lappin)

I got increasingly annoyed with his insistence to boot balls down the wing today, especially in the first half. There were also a few times where i felt he could ave done a little better, I recall at one point him straying from his position a little too far and Doherty having to cover for him. All in all though he was alright, wouldn''t be my man of the match- not sure who really would be- Rose produd two or three brilliant crosses which in my opinion probably justified his defensive misgivings.