Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

no 1 will be dropped

unless they get injured or suspended. this is wrong-chris martin,lappin,nelson need dropping before we lose a couple of games and put pressure on ourselfs

[[quote user="wrathsajoke"]unless they get injured or suspended. this is wrong-chris martin,lappin,nelson need dropping before we lose a couple of games and put pressure on ourselfs[/quote]

[|-)][|-)][|-)]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]unless they get injured or suspended. this is wrong-chris martin,lappin,nelson need dropping before we lose a couple of games and put pressure on ourselfs[/quote]

So 14 games played so far in 2010 and  it stands  W11 D1 L2 with these guys in the team and you somehow think with 9 games to go there will be pressure unless they are dropped.

Jeeeezus!!!!

[quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP1. This post is a joke2. The OP knows nothing about FootballMy moneys on 2 [:)][/quote]...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP1. This post is a joke2. The OP knows nothing about FootballMy moneys on 2 [:)][/quote]...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place![/quote]I''m only talking in regards to this season Smudger. I agree the team will need a monumental overhaul to be competing for the playoffs next year

[quote user="Askounin"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP1. This post is a joke2. The OP knows nothing about FootballMy moneys on 2 [:)][/quote]...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place![/quote]I''m only talking in regards to this season Smudger. I agree the team will need a monumental overhaul to be competing for the playoffs next year[/quote]I wouldn''t say monumental mate.It would be good to keep Forster... and we need to bring in at least one centre half, 2 or 3 midfielders (I would like another out and out winger - pref a right footed one, a left footed midfielder who can defend a bit and provide an attacking threat and maybe a centre midfielder if the previous signing is not able to cover that role also).  It would also be nice to have another striker - pref another target man who we can play in the abscence of Holt.It may also be nice to have a left back that we are comfortable can cover Drury for injuries etc.  I guess that we are going to let Wiggins go at the moment and that Lambert will make a decision on Rose at the end of the season.I think that Rudd, Spillane, Whitbread (if fit), Drury, Russell, Korey and Chris Martin will all be able to hold their own at a higher level, as will McNamee.Players who I think may be able to produce at a higher level but I will have the dury out on early next season include - Hoolahan, Askou, Hughes and most of our permanent strikers who we currently have on the bench.Players who I would be looking to replace and who should be squad players at best if we have ambitions of doing something at a higher level - Russel Martin, Doherty, Nelson, Lappin.Player who needs some time out on loan - Cody McDonald.

Oh I forgot to mention that I would offload Gill but think that Tudor Jones could be a useful squad player in the future.  Again send Tudor Jones out on loan if he is not needed.

SELWYN IS OUR LEADER, SELWYN IS OUR LEADER NA NA NA NA. NA NA NA NA [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP1. This post is a joke2. The OP knows nothing about FootballMy moneys on 2 [:)][/quote]...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place![/quote]We are not up yet though, so why change a League 1 winning formula? Next year we will need to change if we go up, but thats next year... still got this season to go yet!

Smudge - are you honestly suggesting that we are comfortable enough with our run in to start getting some early pre-season trials under way? Bit arrogant of us that!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP
1. This post is a joke
2. The OP knows nothing about Football
My moneys on 2 [:)]
[/quote]

...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.

Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?

If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.

Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?

I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place!
[/quote]

Smudger shall we just build the new Norwich City one brick at a time and not run before we can walk.The target up until May is to get out of this division and i know that Lambert has given a wish list to the Board for next season already.MF told me before the supporters forum last Tuesday.There is the slight matter of not knowing who is going to be available until clubs issue their retained list and agents start the summer rumour mill.

I am disappointed that you think a little taste of success for us supporters will settle the appetite and do you honestly think Bowkett and McNally will not want to press on with the job in hand?

Your liitle rant is just typical of you trying to give the impression of being the font of all knowledge followed by undermining the ability of us mere mortals to comprehend what is required once we achieve this seasons objective.

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]unless they get injured or suspended. this is wrong-chris martin,lappin,nelson need dropping before we lose a couple of games and put pressure on ourselfs[/quote]Look at the the league table pal!

[quote user="Romantic"]Smudge - are you honestly suggesting that we are comfortable enough with our run in to start getting some early pre-season trials under way? Bit arrogant of us that![/quote]Arrogant maybe, but I am more than quietly confident that Millwall, Swindon and Charlton et al can''t catch us this season.Leeds may yet catch us for the title if they get something this evening and beat us at Carrow Road on Saturday - but they are certainly 2nd favourites and if them two results go the wrong way for them then it could be a very jittery run in for them looking over their shoulders at the team in 3rd place.I done the BBC predictor last night and even allowing for a defeat against Leeds this weekend I see us finishing on 99 points, with Leeds in 2nd place on 93 and Millwall & Swindon likely to be 3rd/4th around the 85 point mark at best.Charlton and Colchester will also be in the play-offs, with Southampton and Huddersfield finishing 7th and 8th another 4 or 5 points adrift.Are you trying to suggest that we would not reach the 87 or 90 points that would pretty much guarantee us a promotion spot, regardless of what team we put out?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP
1. This post is a joke
2. The OP knows nothing about Football
My moneys on 2 [:)]
[/quote]

...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.

Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?

If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.

Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?

I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place!
[/quote]

And the sort of ambition that sent Leeds and Portsmouth into oblivian

Absolute tosh!

Whilst I agree the 3 players mentioned are far from perfect, indeed I felt Martin was our worst player on Saturday even though he nearly scored, look at our record with them playing!

Some people are never satisfied and think we should be beating teams easy with out being stretched - unrealistic!

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Askounin"]There is 2 options with this OP1. This post is a joke2. The OP knows nothing about FootballMy moneys on 2 [:)][/quote]...or a 3rd option is that the original poster has hit on something here which the majority will not pick up on until October next season.Maybe certain people are not confident that we will grab promotion as yet?If we are confident that we are going to grab promotion then we should be looking towards finding out what our best line up is and sorting out some of the wheat from the chaff for next season.Unless of course all you lot are confident that our current starting 11 can push us towards the play-offs next season?I dare say that many City fans would settle for 21st place next season and many more mid-table if offered to them right now... the exact kind of lack of ambition which saw us end up in this pub league in the first place![/quote]

And the sort of ambition that sent Leeds and Portsmouth into oblivian

[/quote]You mean oblivion???Would harldy say that Portsmouth have been sent to oblivion would you?  They could even stay up again this year as yet, have won an FA Cup and sit an enitire Division or more above us as things stand.  Yes they have serious money problems and have overspent for a team of their size.  But Portsmouth will still be about next season (just as Southampton were this season) so don''t you think that you are being a little over dramatic?As for Leeds, they simply gave too much money to a poor manager in David O''Leary after George Graham left.  I was living in Leeds during that period of time and told them that O''Leary was an idiot and so was Bates to be giving such an inept manager so much money.  Most of there fans were having none of it at the time though (just as the many of ours would not listen that messers Grant, Roeder and Gunn would not be up to the job here on an ever decreasing budget).Leeds are not in oblivion either.  There will always be a Leeds Utd and I still very much think that they will be promoted with us this season.

What I am saying is Lambert is King... is that we have a very good manager in Paul lambert and very good managers should be backed.Portsmouth had a good manager in Harry Redknapp and it all fell apart when he left.Leeds had a very good manager in George Graham who in my opinion was responsible for building the success that David O''Leary enjoyed at the helm up there before he was found wanting.Back poor managers and you dig yourself in to a whole.  Fail to back good managers and you miss the opportunity to grab the nettle and progress as far as you can while you have them.

[quote user="Smudger"]What I am saying is Lambert is King... is that we have a very good manager in Paul lambert and very good managers should be backed.Portsmouth had a good manager in Harry Redknapp and it all fell apart when he left.Leeds had a very good manager in George Graham who in my opinion was responsible for building the success that David O''Leary enjoyed at the helm up there before he was found wanting.Back poor managers and you dig yourself in to a whole.  Fail to back good managers and you miss the opportunity to grab the nettle and progress as far as you can while you have them.[/quote]Dig yourself in to a hole even... or possibly a whole load of sh!te.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Romantic"]Smudge - are you honestly suggesting that we are comfortable enough with our run in to start getting some early pre-season trials under way? Bit arrogant of us that!
[/quote]

Arrogant maybe, but I am more than quietly confident that Millwall, Swindon and Charlton et al can''t catch us this season.

Leeds may yet catch us for the title if they get something this evening and beat us at Carrow Road on Saturday - but they are certainly 2nd favourites and if them two results go the wrong way for them then it could be a very jittery run in for them looking over their shoulders at the team in 3rd place.

I done the BBC predictor last night and even allowing for a defeat against Leeds this weekend I see us finishing on 99 points, with Leeds in 2nd place on 93 and Millwall & Swindon likely to be 3rd/4th around the 85 point mark at best.

Charlton and Colchester will also be in the play-offs, with Southampton and Huddersfield finishing 7th and 8th another 4 or 5 points adrift.

Are you trying to suggest that we would not reach the 87 or 90 points that would pretty much guarantee us a promotion spot, regardless of what team we put out?
[/quote]

That''s o.k. then. Everything''s settled. No need to play the rest of the season.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Romantic"]Smudge - are you honestly suggesting that we are comfortable enough with our run in to start getting some early pre-season trials under way? Bit arrogant of us that![/quote]Arrogant maybe, but I am more than quietly confident that Millwall, Swindon and Charlton et al can''t catch us this season.Leeds may yet catch us for the title if they get something this evening and beat us at Carrow Road on Saturday - but they are certainly 2nd favourites and if them two results go the wrong way for them then it could be a very jittery run in for them looking over their shoulders at the team in 3rd place.I done the BBC predictor last night and even allowing for a defeat against Leeds this weekend I see us finishing on 99 points, with Leeds in 2nd place on 93 and Millwall & Swindon likely to be 3rd/4th around the 85 point mark at best.Charlton and Colchester will also be in the play-offs, with Southampton and Huddersfield finishing 7th and 8th another 4 or 5 points adrift.Are you trying to suggest that we would not reach the 87 or 90 points that would pretty much guarantee us a promotion spot, regardless of what team we put out?[/quote]

That''s o.k. then. Everything''s settled. No need to play the rest of the season.

[/quote]Are you not confident that we are going up then Webbo, regardless of whatever team Lambert chooses to put out between now and the end of the season?Can you not see us getting the 3 or 4 wins that would guarantee it from the remaining 9 games???

You mentioned the BBC predictor. I did this before and did every score until end of season and this is what i got:[URL=http://img413.imageshack.us/i/prediction.jpg/][IMG]http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7599/prediction.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Pretty close hey! Its not over yet

I have it on very good authority ( www.wrathofthebaclay.co.uk ) that Wrathsajoke known as selwyn and his mate smudger are the only ones who agree with each other