Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Aviva Norwich City Fan of the Year 2010 competition

Do you bleed yellow and green and arrange your annual leave to coincide with the Canaries’ pre-season tour of Scotland?

The Eastern Daily Press has teamed up with Aviva and Norwich City Football Club to find the Canaries'' Fan of the Year - and it might be you.

The winner will receive the Fan of the Year cup on the pitch at the last game of the season against Carlisle on May 8. Their name will be etched on the cup, which is displayed at Carrow Road alongside all other Norwich City silverware.

To top it all off, the winner will also receive a VIP Matchday experience next season.

All nominations and votes will be entered into a draw to win a VIP match day experience for two people next season.

Step one: If you think that you, or someone you know, deserve to win the Aviva Norwich City Fan of the Year 2010 then please tell us why in no more than 150 words before nominations close on March 29.

Send your nominations along with your contact details and, if you are nominating somebody else, their details to Aviva Norwich City Fan of the Year, care of Peter Waters, EDP editor, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE, or email them to
ncfcbox@aviva.co.uk with the subject "Aviva Fan Of The Year". There are also drop boxes at the Carrow Road and Castle Mall Canary Stores.

Step two: From the submitted entries, a shortlist of six will be drawn up by a panel of judges, including the EDP''s City reporter Chris Lakey and Chris Goreham of Radio Norfolk. You will then be able to vote for your favourite from the short-listed finalists to determine the winner.

Step three: The finalists will appear on the Carrow Road pitch at the last home game of the season and the winner will be announced.

I vote for Tilly.Where would we be without the efforts of NCISA (much criticised by many fans) during last summer and the early part of this season?Festering around mid-table at best under club legend Gunny no doubt!

It has to be Phil Keenan, he missed the birth of his children just to be at a game, and he drives a wicked mini bus to away games

Wedgie "It has to be Phil Keenan, he missed the birth of his children just to be at a game, and he drives a wicked mini bus to away games "

Sorry but that is ridiculous. Missing the birth of your own kid for a football match, thats just sad.

Lilly Kemp is always a frontrunner, she won last year, and even though I love Lil to bits, great lady, real legend....it would be nice for someone else to win.

Dont want to pee on my fellow OAPs but it would be nice if a youngster won it, to show we have great young support coming through.........on that note I nominate Lillys grandson.

I wont put Lillys grandsons name on here till he approves....J...i hope you are reading...you deserve it.....nice meal in the Maid by you a while ago and we had a nice chat....you may not remember???

Vote for Lilly Kemps grandson.......J...

Sorry to be bitter and twisted and terribly cynical and all that, but just what is the point of a Fan of the Year competition? I''m delighted to say that I don''t have a hope in hell of even being nominated!!

I don''t see the point of it either tbh, what makes a fan ''''the fan of the year'''' is it someone who travels miles to every game, is it someone who attends all the home and away games or what is it?

Everyone who supports the team week in and week out  whether they are able to attend or not is a great fan in my book.

Whoever sits directly behind the driver of the lead Club-Cabbage coach.....Should be fan of the year.

"Do you want hear my On the Ball City ringtone? I recorded it myself."

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I wont put Lillys grandsons name on here till he approves....J...i hope you are reading...you deserve it.....nice meal in the Maid by you a while ago and we had a nice chat....you may not remember???

Vote for Lilly Kemps grandson.......J...[/quote]

he''s training with the footy team we have set up... decent player.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]my dad - just because he''s my dad [:P][/quote]

Banana, are you sure of that, or is that the answer you got on your brand new ipod?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]my dad - just because he''s my dad [:P][/quote]

Banana, are you sure of that, or is that the answer you got on your brand new ipod?

[/quote]Ouch.... but on the same theme:My dad - just because he delivers our milkJust kidding ;)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I wont put Lillys grandsons name on here till he approves....J...i hope you are reading...you deserve it.....nice meal in the Maid by you a while ago and we had a nice chat....you may not remember???

Vote for Lilly Kemps grandson.......J...[/quote]i am reading arthur, and if i was the chef when we spoke then i do believe i remember you or your face, and whilst it would be nice to be nominated i havent attended every game this year like the last few years so surely not me.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I wont put Lillys grandsons name on here till he approves....J...i hope you are reading...you deserve it.....nice meal in the Maid by you a while ago and we had a nice chat....you may not remember???

Vote for Lilly Kemps grandson.......J...[/quote]

he''s training with the footy team we have set up... decent player.[/quote]lets see if you say that after sunday jas!!!!and arthur i dont mind my name being used (jordan)

Jordan, I remember you and Lil used to go to nearly every home and away game. Obviously you are older now, so work etc may have prevented you from carrying this up.

Do you still work in The Maid???

a mixture of work and studies mean i cant get to every game now, doing around 30 this year.and no not any more, the landlord was a * so i quit, now back as a student/ coach of rugby and football.

I have heard that Jordan, I think he still has something to do with the Maid, a series of different management under him would suggest hes not a very good people person.......also never liked the farmhouse.