Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Club Cabbage.....Tell Us Your Story...

[quote user="Big Slob"]Cabbage is just boring, going in the car with mates means you have alcohol, [/quote]no it doesn''t

[quote user="kdncfc"]

[quote user="Norwichcitynut"]Sheffield Wednesday a couple of seasons ago. The coach we were on was struggling not long after leaving Carrow Road. Somehow managed to make it to Hillsborough. Crushing defeat followed and the dreaded journey home. The coach finally gave up in the middle of a busy roundabout half way back so most of the coach had to get off and push the coach into the nearby services (which were closed) singing Y''Army.Fortunately a coach behind us pulled up and me and my daughter managed to jump on so only had to wait there 5 minuts. no idea how long the other poor lot had to wait. Not used it again since.[/quote]

I have travelled on cabbage many times in the past especially in the early eighties, went to the Brighton cup game in 83 on the special train which wasn''t too bad. Have also been to a few on the coach and there are far to many train spotter types on there for my liking, the worst part for me is when they stop at the services because it then becomes obvious why it is known as club cabbage as everyone gets off the coach. Incidentally there used to be a guy on there who always has his radio up to his ear who seemed to be on every trip I went on, he started talking to me once and I couldn''t get away from him. Think his name may have been Simon, is he still around?

[/quote]He is indeed still around! Old chap with a posh accent... he just doesnt stop! I made the mistake of speaking to him on the way to Grimsby once..... death seemed a rather attractive option by the time we got there!I pleaded with my mate to swap seats with me on the way home again and he wasnt having it! so i had another few hours of Simon on the way home!!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I can remember a blisteringly hot day, opening day of the season Bradford away, the coach driver drives past the exit to Valley Parade and takes us to Barnsley before we all shout in unison that we are playing bradford, he then backs into some massive drive way turns round and goes all the way back getting us to the game 15 minutes after kick off.

[/quote]

I remember that one. Start of ''02/''03 I believe. I was on a non-Cabbage coach. Me and the rest of the Waveney Yellows commandeered the back of the coach once we''d stopped at the Farm - nobody was gonna argue with us considering the aggregate mass of our beer bellys alone! I remember playing cards and drinking on the way up. I also remember the heat; who could forget it? I managed to pick the best seat - the middle of the back row, so I had the full force of the air from the vents down the aisle keeping me from melting. Was a top-off all day kind of day. I can even be spotted on the dvd highlights running down the steps in just my shorts to barrack fat-boy Windass when he missed his pen!