Sign in to follow this  
Norwich or die tryin!

Man City fans taking it to the next level!

I hope they do things like having inflatable canariees, and singling let be avin ya because i''m getting a bit embarrassed with all those plastic manure fans wearing green and yellow scarves now.

Living and working in Manchester, this campaign has actually been lots of fun for me... being able to say to customers ''what bring a Norwich fan up this way?'' is just one of the ways to screw with their minds... continually referring to their scarves as ''yellow and green'' is also fun, as they angrily insist that its ''gold''... my general response to this is ''so what colour do Wolves play in, then?''  If said answer is ''orange'', then simply ask what colour Hull play in... talk them round into a big circle and maybe their brains will dribble out their eyeballs!**NB, only works with Manchester-based MUFC fans.  Trying this on a London-based fan will only result in blank looks and a response of ''wotchoo chattin'' abaat, guv''nor?''

I have retired my NCFC scarf until I can wear it without being mistaken for a United fan. I hope City really take the p***. This campaign is pathetic and is lost on the majority of their own fans.

Great idea but th majority of rags just don''t do "irony"-it''s completely,utterly lost on them.

The ones I''ve benn jibbing about how yellow has suddenly become "Gold" haven''t got a clue who Norwich City are,let alone what colour shirt they play in!

Like the bit about yellow suddenly becoming gold.

Gold my arse its bloody yellow!!!

What makes me laugh about this whole thing is the fact the Man Utd fans think they''re making some sort of point with these scarves, but they''re still all forking out for match tickets. Kinda defeats the object, if you ask me...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Great idea but th majority of rags just don''t do "irony"-it''s completely,utterly lost on them.

The ones I''ve benn jibbing about how yellow has suddenly become "Gold" haven''t got a clue who Norwich City are,let alone what colour shirt they play in!

Gold my arse its bloody yellow!!![/quote]did you just refer to man utd fans as ''rags''? not a bitter bertie are you.

I was in a pub just outside of Liverpool St this evening after the match donning my Norwich scarf when a bloke aproached and asked how ''we'' got on today.....

won 1-0 and promoted I told him

To which he looked utterly bemused, until I explained that I was a Norwich fan. He apologised as he thought I supported Man Utd.

The ''gold and green'' concept has annoyed me but I''ve tried to ignore it, but when you can''t even wear your colours without being mistaken for Manure something is seriously wrong.

[quote user="liquid_football"]I was in a pub just outside of Liverpool St this evening after the match donning my Norwich scarf when a bloke aproached and asked how ''we'' got on today..... won 1-0 and promoted I told him To which he looked utterly bemused, until I explained that I was a Norwich fan. He apologised as he thought I supported Man Utd. The ''gold and green'' concept has annoyed me but I''ve tried to ignore it, but when you can''t even wear your colours without being mistaken for Manure something is seriously wrong.[/quote]

That''s really choice, lmao [:D]

Now comes a confession.  I was pleased when Man City got beat yesterday as I''m starting to dislike them even more than Manure - they''re turning into the "Chelsea of the North".  Similarly I was pleased when Spurs beat Chelsea as I can''t stand them either.  It''s not that I like Manure, perish the thought, I just dislike them less than the other two because they haven''t bought success in quite such a blatant fashion.

[quote user="liquid_football"]I was in a pub just outside of Liverpool St this evening after the match donning my Norwich scarf when a bloke aproached and asked how ''we'' got on today.....

To which he looked utterly bemused, until I explained that I was a Norwich fan. He apologised as he thought I supported Man Utd.

The ''gold and green'' concept has annoyed me but I''ve tried to ignore it, but when you can''t even wear your colours without being mistaken for Manure something is seriously wrong.[/quote]lets be honest, you just made that up.

[quote user="anon"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Great idea but th majority of rags just don''t do "irony"-it''s completely,utterly lost on them.

Gold my arse its bloody yellow!!![/quote]did you just refer to man utd fans as ''rags''? not a bitter bertie are you.[/quote]

Rags was referring to national press newspapers.

Man Utd fans are normally referred to as residents of Gt Yarmouth...

[quote user="anon"][quote user="liquid_football"]I was in a pub just outside of Liverpool St this evening after the match donning my Norwich scarf when a bloke aproached and asked how ''we'' got on today.....

The ''gold and green'' concept has annoyed me but I''ve tried to ignore it, but when you can''t even wear your colours without being mistaken for Manure something is seriously wrong.[/quote]lets be honest, you just made that up.[/quote]I got that at Orient too! Annoyed the life out of me!