Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Paul Lambert Day

Not so long ago, a poster on this site had the great idea of a ''Paul Lambert Day''.

Some of us were a bit dubious at the time as promotion was far from guaranteed, but it looks like a formality now (famous last words).

It seems like a good idea to me, and as bigger clubs will be sniffing around in the summer it would be a good time to show Mr Lambert how much we appreciate him.

I think people were suggesting an away game, but it looks like tickets are going to be a problem for most of the away games we have left.

How about the last home game?  All we have to do is wear a sweatshirt with Polo collar sticking up underneath so it wouldn''t cost much (Primark here I come).

Perhaps Archant could come up with some face masks free with the EDP and EEN

I think this is really great idea and would be a good laugh. If you want to go the whole hog, everyone should have their sleeves rolled up and footy socks on rolled up to the knee. Masks, wigs etc.

This must happen for the followingn reasons;

Its funny

Paul Lambert deserves it

We are gonna be having the kind of pressure-off party such an event would tie in well with

I already own all the requisite kit (stylish devil that I am) except the lambert face mask.

kudos to whoever had this idea.

That will be me that suggested this. I thought it would be something we can all do as you only need footy socks, trcky bottoms, polo top and a sweat shirt. Why don''t people start doing it as soon as they can, that way, in a few games time there should be loads of people doing it. I''ve always thought West Broms supporters manage to co ordinate their last away game fancy dress really well, lets try and get as many people to do this as possible.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]That will be me that suggested this. I thought it would be something we can all do as you only need footy socks, trcky bottoms, polo top and a sweat shirt. Why don''t people start doing it as soon as they can, that way, in a few games time there should be loads of people doing it. I''ve always thought West Broms supporters manage to co ordinate their last away game fancy dress really well, lets try and get as many people to do this as possible.[/quote]

I''ve read some rubbish on this site in the past but this is really an excellent idea. PL is the most important thing that has happened to our Club in a very long time and anything that can be done to show how much he is appreciated must be welcome.

[quote user="King Korey"]Absolotely loving this idea! Where is it going to be away at Bristol Rovers or home to Carlisle?[/quote]

FANtastic idea this and think the last game of the season is going to be electric and Carlisle are not going to fancy it, and further more I think we are going to need the police to get us all out at the end of celebrations, I feel no one will want to leave Give Paul Lambert what he fully deserves.(And I will make ajustments to my pacemaker) 

I think we need to move this forward once we are promoted - surely Archant you can publicise this for us? From my part I know the right people back office to email the right people in the club and they will push it but obviously need to ensure people are really up for it and it is getting pushed, otherwise tend to look silly.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I think we need to move this forward once we are promoted - surely Archant you can publicise this for us? [/quote]

We can, and we will, once it''s decided if it''s being done at Rovers or at Carrow Road. Facebook groups usually a good place to start too...

An absolutely fantastic idea with the face masks and all. Definitely on the last day of the season at home to Carlisle.
Banners and the like should be made too!
If we can get the EDP, Evening News behind the idea then it will be a runner!

Fantastic idea. Lambert has praised us fans on every possible occasion. It''s about time we repaid the favour and showed him how much he is respected at this club. Fast becoming a legend in my eyes. Collars up, face masks, Lambert chants.....could be amazing.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I think we need to move this forward once we are promoted - surely Archant you can publicise this for us? [/quote]

We can, and we will, once it''s decided if it''s being done at Rovers or at Carrow Road. Facebook groups usually a good place to start too...

[/quote]

Good news pete, Dont know what others think but personally I think it should be the home game as that would be one hell of a party. Tickets for Rovers could be restricted especially if they are still in playoff mix. Personally again I think most would like to thank the man for the pleasure he has brought us this season and also to show unity with the man that him and Mr Mcnally have brought our club back together.

Only one thing do we all dress with our tracksuits tucked in or as god. ( joke of course ) not meaning to offend anyone

[quote user="West Ham Canary"]An absolutely fantastic idea with the face masks and all. Definitely on the last day of the season at home to Carlisle.
Banners and the like should be made too!
If we can get the EDP, Evening News behind the idea then it will be a runner![/quote]

Maybe we can get AVIVA involved to certainly help with flags or scarves

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]But how does Lambert feel about this Pete and will you be asking him?

For what its worth its a top idea imo.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Although the face mask idea sounds a little creepy....[/quote]

I remember all the chefs hats at Watford. Dont suppose Lambert will come and sit in the crowd with us though - but who knows

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]

Already know what he''ll say - it''s not about me, this club is the players and the fans...

Lol, I see where you''re coming from there Pete.I may do the old green and yellow face paint on the kids, not sure if a 42 year old bloke is too old to be painting his face green and yellow though.Safe to say, if we are champions I shall be jumping around like a loon!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]

See your point Wiz but it is the fans showing our thoughts towards Lambert - he never wants to take the credit but we need to make sure he gets it from us

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

[/quote]

See your point Wiz but it is the fans showing our thoughts towards Lambert - he never wants to take the credit but we need to make sure he gets it from us

[/quote]When compleated, couldn''t this thread be sent to him then Pete?

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]As well as the Lambo togs, we should all affect a Glaswegian brogue and use adjectives like brilliant and terrific a lot.[/quote]

We could all have a wee dram to celebrate

Should be superb! We could also do it if we have a celebration outside City hall etc if we do what we all wish we can do from here on in.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]As well as the Lambo togs, we should all affect a Glaswegian brogue and use adjectives like brilliant and terrific a lot.[/quote]

We could all have a wee dram to celebrate

[/quote]

Only the finest malt whisky will do!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]But let''s not count our chickens too soon, at least 5 more wins needed.[/quote]

Now thats just what we needed,

It''s probably been said elsewhere but I want to talk about the Elliot signing. At the time I was very confused. But he wanted a striker who he though was strong enough and mature enough to have an impact over 90 mins who can challenge Martin. Oli and Cody are both class off the bench but are not quite strong enough to start games yet. Those 2 goals off the bench seem to show he has the quality to do this. It has provided us with the perfect shot in the arm at the right time.

Well done Lambert. Proved me wrong again.

Will we have to stand up all game with out hands on our hips; chase the ball when it comes in our general direction and when a Norwich player makes a ricket have a sip of water from a bottle stood on the ground five feet away.

How about finding out what really matters to Lambert ie a Scotland flag or two or one from that German club he played for.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]How about finding out what really matters to Lambert ie a Scotland flag or two or one from that German club he played for.[/quote]

Scotland flag?????

Now you''ve gone to far - I will do many things to support the club but carry a Scotland flag? I think not

[quote user="marvin the martian"]That will be me that suggested this. I thought it would be something we can all do as you only need footy socks, trcky bottoms, polo top and a sweat shirt. Why don''t people start doing it as soon as they can, that way, in a few games time there should be loads of people doing it. I''ve always thought West Broms supporters manage to co ordinate their last away game fancy dress really well, lets try and get as many people to do this as possible.[/quote]

Nice one Marvin

Message to Sports Desk Pete - I think we have to do this at a home game because of limited ticket availabilty at end of season away games.

I will post a message when we''re home and dry