Sign in to follow this  
Squire

Promotion Celebration

Lakey in todays EDP thinks there''s not much cause. I can see the point he''s making, but if it comes to pass (not counting chickens), I for one, will certainly be celebrating.

There should be cause.Not every team dumped down a division comes straight back, and at the start of the season, there were a lot of people expecting us to settle for mid-table mediocrity.That, and Leeds have been struggling something savage to get out of this league for 3 years now.

[quote user="Squire"]Lakey in todays EDP thinks there''s not much cause. I can see the point he''s making, but if it comes to pass (not counting chickens), I for one, will certainly be celebrating.[/quote]

Thats a crock of shyt....ill be getting smashed! come on you yellows!

You want to know who I am? Or where my username originates from?My username is from some unhealthy obsession I had with a videogame when I was younger, and I just use the same username on everything so I don''t forget it.10 points for guessing the game.

Not much cause my bottom!

An open top bus at least, everyone''s been superb and deserves it....................................if we go up![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Not much cause my bottom!

An open top bus at least, everyone''s been superb and deserves it....................................if we go up![;)]

[/quote]...as champions.It wouldn''t be the same to celebrate second place with an open top bus. Would seem a bit meh...

I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me thinks the lads have done great this year and we should be celebrating that; I for one will be so relieved that we are back in the Championship!

On the other hand, I think we should never have been in this situation in the first place. Some serious mismanagement from the club IMO and why should we celebrate getting back to where we should be?

Is that arrogant? - I know we have no divine right to be in the Championship but with the set up/fanbase we have we shouldn''t be playing in the third tier should we?

Chris Lakey is spot on , no City fan should want a open topped bus parade for winning a mickey mouse league , all it will do is give the binners something else to laugh at , not to mention the complete waste of money it would be.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Chris Lakey is spot on , no City fan should want a open topped bus parade for winning a mickey mouse league , all it will do is give the binners something else to laugh at , not to mention the complete waste of money it would be.[/quote]I reckon it could give the Binners something to aspire to, given their situation...

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Chris Lakey is spot on , no City fan should want a open topped bus parade for winning a mickey mouse league , all it will do is give the binners something else to laugh at , not to mention the complete waste of money it would be.
[/quote]I guarentee that they and Leeds would.

we have to celebrate. we say its a micky mouse league, but we were mid table after 10 games, with no real optimism that we will get promoted. what we have achieved has been phenomonal and should be celebrated. also we are in this league on merit, we deserved to be in this league due to how awful we were last season. you may call it a micky mouse league, however its sucked in many big clubs who have played premiership football in recent years. for all the disappointment we have had to endure over the past 3-4 seasons, surely we deserve to have a celebration. The arrogance of some fans surprises me, its a cracking achievement to be where we are considering how we started.

You can speak for me too Ascent, mixed feelings which are I have to admit, only personal ones. Of course this is pure speculation as we are not promoted yet!

We have all had our say regarding the fall from grace (Championship), though even that standard is IMO not where we should be aiming, but rather somewhere to stay while we build a solid team (and NOT just on the pitch).

However, the players who stayed behind, and to give them further credit, the ones who had faith in Gunn I feel should have some celebration. Since Lambert came in as manager they have achieved great things. After all they can only beat the team they are playing at the present moment in time. Open topped buses may well be a bit over the top, but if the Council wish to participate in funding this I can think of far greater wastes of our council tax money.

For the younger fans I think it''s important to mark the achievement, though for us old miseries, celebrating winning a third division title would be nothing compared to say remembering what we won 25 years ago.

And yes, whatever celebrations are planned I will probably go along and enjoy them. We have suffered a good few years of mediocrity, pain and pure incompetence both on and off the pitch. We have a new start and I suppose have to go on from here, upwards. Though come next season (hopefully in the league above) I trust lessons have been well learnt and thus we can only go onto greater things in building for a better future for NCFC.

[quote user="UEA Canary"]we have to celebrate. we say its a micky mouse league, but we were mid table after 10 games, with no real optimism that we will get promoted. what we have achieved has been phenomonal and should be celebrated. also we are in this league on merit, we deserved to be in this league due to how awful we were last season. you may call it a micky mouse league, however its sucked in many big clubs who have played premiership football in recent years. for all the disappointment we have had to endure over the past 3-4 seasons, surely we deserve to have a celebration. The arrogance of some fans surprises me, its a cracking achievement to be where we are considering how we started.[/quote]

Spot on UEA Can. Except I''m NOT surprised at the arrogance. Plenty of it on this Board.

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"]You want to know who I am? Or where my username originates from?

My username is from some unhealthy obsession I had with a videogame when I was younger, and I just use the same username on everything so I don''t forget it.

10 points for guessing the game.
[/quote]

Final Fantasy?

Lap of honour after the final game so the players can get some well deserved adulation from the fans is enough for me, for a club like us to be promoted from the third division is certainly not worthy of an open top bus tour and a civic reception at City Hall imo. The players and Lambert deserve immense credit for their achievements but I can''t get too excited about getting promoted back to a division we should have never dropped out of in the first place.

I think we should definitely have some formal recognition if we go up as champions, perhaps it just doesn''t feel as good as we haven''t had to wait for it for 9 years like the Prem promotion?

I''m slightly torn here, whilst it is an absolute disgrace that this club in in this league in the first place, for Lambert, I maybe correct in saying that it would be his first achievement in management, for many of the players it may well also be the first time they have been promoted and if we won the league, the first time they will have won anything.

I would say that there should be some sort of reception if we win the league, if we are runners-up , confine the celebrations to Carrow Road at the last game of the season.

Of course we should celebrate, the players, management and fans all deserve it if we go up as champions. They will achieved the number 1 target this season and if that ain''t cause to celebrate I don''t what is.

I think an open top bus tour might be pushing it, but certainly a civic reception of some sort at Town Hall, give us a chance to cheer our heroes...

To be honest i found the open top bus tour when we won the championship over the top and a bit embarrassing. Perhaps its because when I first started going to Carra Rud we were regularly challenging towards the top half of the old 1st division and beating the ''big clubs''. whilst enjoying this season, and the play-off championship winning seasons, I personally think that civic receptions and open-top bus tours should only be for when we win a major trophy, and if that is only once every 50 years or so, than that is what will make it special!

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]

To be honest i found the open top bus tour when we won the championship over the top and a bit embarrassing. Perhaps its because when I first started going to Carra Rud we were regularly challenging towards the top half of the old 1st division and beating the ''big clubs''. whilst enjoying this season, and the play-off championship winning seasons, I personally think that civic receptions and open-top bus tours should only be for when we win a major trophy, and if that is only once every 50 years or so, than that is what will make it special!

[/quote]

While I can understand what you are saying Saturday Boy, if civic receptions and open-top bus tours were reserved for clubs who won a major trophy then only the big four would ever have them. They would sell the rights to Sky TV who would insist on these celebrations taking place at some ridiculous time of day that would prevent folk from actually attending.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Chris Lakey is spot on , no City fan should want a open topped bus parade for winning a mickey mouse league , all it will do is give the binners something else to laugh at , not to mention the complete waste of money it would be.
[/quote]

Agreed, how can we celebrate winning the 3rd Division and can you imagine players like Drury/Doc/Rusty wanting an open top bus anyway, they will just be relieved we''ve dug ourselves out of the mire.

Earlier in pre season, I said I wouldnt celebrate too much as we should never have ended up in this position.

However, after getting rid of Gunn and clearing out the dead wood, bringing in McNally, and Lambert, we fully deserve to celebrate.

Doris will not be looking forward top cleaning the bed sheets the day after........

I agree with City Angel about some players, like doc, etc who put us in this position, but players like Holt, martin, Forster etc deserve their moment as does Lambert.

Perhaps, those who came in this season should be on the top of the bus with McNally, and those who put us in this mess of a league like Doc etc should be downstairs on the bus with Delia and Michael???

[quote user="Arthur John Locke Whittle"]I agree with City Angel about some players, like doc, etc who put us in this position, but players like Holt, martin, Forster etc deserve their moment as does Lambert. Perhaps, those who came in this season should be on the top of the bus with McNally, and those who put us in this mess of a league like Doc etc should be downstairs on the bus with Delia and Michael???[/quote]

No, the more I think about it the more I like The Saturday Boy''s suggestion that we leave celebrations to the "Big Four" then the rest of us can be miserable but thankful to them and Sky TV for allowing us the scraps.

[quote user="ArthurWhittle"] I agree with City Angel about some players, like doc, etc who put us in this position, but players like Holt, martin, Forster etc deserve their moment as does Lambert. Perhaps, those who came in this season should be on the top of the bus with McNally, and those who put us in this mess of a league like Doc etc should be downstairs on the bus with Delia and Michael???[/quote]

Thats made me smile Arthur [:)]

[quote user="kdncfc"]Lap of honour after the final game so the players can get some well deserved adulation from the fans is enough for me, for a club like us to be promoted from the third division is certainly not worthy of an open top bus tour and a civic reception at City Hall imo. The players and Lambert deserve immense credit for their achievements but I can''t get too excited about getting promoted back to a division we should have never dropped out of in the first place.[/quote]

I think a lot of fans will share your thoughts, I do.